Sign in to follow this  
bobotype3334

Self-suicide/suicide abuse and map spawning

Just 2 simple-ish ideas.

There needs to be a "commit suicide" option, allowing the player to kill themselves with a bullet from their weapon or blow from their weapon, or monkey palm to their own face. However, suicide>respawning should not be instant, because that gives players a way to teleport via repeated suicide until they find their preferred spawn.

Also, being able to spawn in more places would be good. I was thinking Car Wreck spawn-you've lost some blood in these spawns, and are sitting inside the wrecked car; and Hoarder spawn-you begin play surrounded by empty cans.

Meh, why not be creative and jump off a rock formation ? (Ok, perhaps that wasn't creative) or blow yourself up at a gas station ? But yeah, in the Steam release trailer of DayZ, you can see a woman blowing her head off with a FNX45... so I guess it might be already be a planned feature ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss1dckHhfI#t=46

Edited by K9Alex

If you don't have an advantage from commiting suicide why suicide in the first place? Everyone who suicides just wants to get close to the place he died or his friends are anyway. There is no other use for this option other than that...and most players would try to KoS their way out and die instead of having griefers have their way with them...well it's KoS 24/ anyway.

While having more spawn points and differing starting gear would be great i doubt most people would be prepared and have their loot back, weapon and a trunk full of ammo with them. Even Doomsday preppers have to get to their stash first and i doubt 50% will even make it there in one piece let alone alive.

• Like 1

On a few occasions I have wanted to commit suiside in this game usually down to breaking my leg in the middle of banjo country for no apparent reason without the resorces to fix it or being able to get hold of someone to fix it or finish me off on those occasions I was not a fresh spawn and was relatively well armed so had a fair bit to lose on the first occasion I had to crawl for about half an hour to the neraist village and get beaten up by zombies and the second time I had to crawl for about an hour or so! Both very boring! Would be nice to hide your kit some ware and top yourself. I couldn't care less about a login penalty for suiside if it was implemented becaus it would be preferable to crawling round fo god knows how long.

If you don't have an advantage from commiting suicide why suicide in the first place? Everyone who suicides just wants to get close to the place he died or his friends are anyway. There is no other use for this option other than that...and most players would try to KoS their way out and die instead of having griefers have their way with them...well it's KoS 24/ anyway.

While having more spawn points and differing starting gear would be great i doubt most people would be prepared and have their loot back, weapon and a trunk full of ammo with them. Even Doomsday preppers have to get to their stash first and i doubt 50% will even make it there in one piece let alone alive.

Because I might be lost in the middle of nowhere, broken my legs or bugged out

Unless your suicide is assisted. Let's not start that discussion though, as the jury is very much still out on it!

I like the idea of suicide in game, but only if one has the tools to do it effortless. I can't imagine chopping myself to pieces with a fire axe, but it's not unreasonable to consider cutting one's femoral artery or, as the trailer shows putting a bullet into your own head. I don't want a button, I want to have to think about it and agonise over it via game mechanics!