Sign in to follow this  
GrimAlex23344

7.62x51 is for a M14 7.62x54R is for a Mosin–Nagant

dont worry, they will change it so the mosin takes 762.51 nato lol(dont call me dumb if you dont get the joke)

Edited by gomeowmeow

Ikr. Pisses me off, i mean really, whats the point? Can't they just change ONE number? It would make us all feel so much better

• Like 2

This is correct. Add the Remington 700 which shoots x51 and add x54 for the Mosin. Every one is winner!

Edited by iBane
  • Like 1

M4 is 5.56x45mm (or .223 Caliber). You are correct on the Mosin though.

Edit: It would help if I could read, you said M14, yes.

Edited by Valadain

Not the M14... really... G3 or/and FAL

I'm starting to fear the worst - they did it on purpose. They've stated multiple times they want less ammo types for loot table's sake. So they won't be adding unique calibers like the Nagant M1895 and 7.62x38... so i'm thinking the worst - mosins with NATO ammo.

But really, the icon is 7.62x54 if you look close.

also a 5 round stripper clip would be nice too

Saw one in one of Dean's vids

• Like 1

also a 5 round stripper clip would be nice too

It was showed in one of the new devblogs on youtube he showed the mosin with the stripper clip but never talked about it it just seen there go check it out.

This is correct. Add the Remington 700 which shoots x51 and add x54 for the Mosin. Every one is winner!

Does the 700 come in 7,62? I hope we get one in .308 and/or .300 Win Mag, though. 

Ikr. Pisses me off, i mean really, whats the point? Can't they just change ONE number? It would make us all feel so much better

Replace all with the 2 people that cares.

Replace all with the 2 people that cares.

Ok, that makes absolutely zero sense. Please don't type like you can't and make sure whatever you say is actaully understandable.

Srry if that's to harsh.

The Devs are just being lazy with Firearms and Ammunitions right now until they can get some bigger stuff going.

Does the 700 come in 7,62? I hope we get one in .308 and/or .300 Win Mag, though. 

.308 is 7.62

Not the M14... really... G3 or/and FAL

I'm starting to fear the worst - they did it on purpose. They've stated multiple times they want less ammo types for loot table's sake. So they won't be adding unique calibers like the Nagant M1895 and 7.62x38... so i'm thinking the worst - mosins with NATO ammo.

But really, the icon is 7.62x54 if you look close.

Saw one in one of Dean's vids

..I hope to god they don't do that to Dayz.. however, once they allow user mods it will all be up to us from then on.

.308 is 7.62

but there is 7.62 by 39, 51, and 54. A .308 is closest to a 54 but no where near the 39 as it is way shorter obviously. the Russians had the measurements of both the 7.62mm Diameter  and the XXmm length. there is no just 7.62.

but there is 7.62 by 39, 51, and 54. A .308 is closest to a 54 but no where near the 39 as it is way shorter obviously. the Russians had the measurements of both the 7.62mm Diameter  and the XXmm length. there is no just 7.62.

.308 is actually closest to the 7.62x51, not the x54r.

They've stated multiple times they want less ammo types for loot table's sake.

Can you get a link? If they're under loot list strain they ought to pick a more flexible weighted random selection algorithm, kinda like the one currently in my sig. 

Can you get a link? If they're under loot list strain they ought to pick a more flexible weighted random selection algorithm, kinda like the one currently in my sig. 

I don't know exactly where it was, but i know one was about the Nagant. I don't remember if it was Reddit or Twitter. I read it somewhere else to, but again i don't remember where.

7.62 works because in the western world the only guns that still use .30 cal for military stuff use the 7.62Nato. The m43 (7.62x39) is warsaw. The .30-06 isn't used anymore. The x54r is russian. The .308 is very very close to the 7.62x51, but has more powder and is shaped ever so slightly differently. They can be compatible, but aren't always. The remington 700 comes in many flavors, why not see several in game? I'm partial to the .30-06 round, call me crazy.

Edit: The Nagant can take .32 S&W rounds. Which also suck.

Edited by agouti

7.62 works because in the western world the only guns that still use .30 cal for military stuff use the 7.62Nato. The m43 (7.62x39) is warsaw. The .30-06 isn't used anymore. The x54r is russian. The .308 is very very close to the 7.62x51, but has more powder and is shaped ever so slightly differently. They can be compatible, but aren't always. The remington 700 comes in many flavors, why not see several in game? I'm partial to the .30-06 round, call me crazy.

Edit: The Nagant can take .32 S&W rounds. Which also suck.

And they don't work well in it and are probably more expensive than it's intended round when it can be found. I've never seen that caliber for sale though, so i can't say for sure. 7.62x38 would probably be more common in Chernarus anyway.