helcol

global chat

I'm curious because of what happened the last time I got myself a walkie talkie,

I saw it had different channels that overtook the direct chat (, and .).

Will this eventually become the new global chat?

I feel that the global chat in the mod was really annoying because, correct me if I'm wrong, there was always that ONE person who joined the server and began to spam global chat like an officially certified ass hat.

I would be immersed in the mod, only to have someone enter the server and spam the "N" word and giggle like they just farted in a quiet classroom, completely destroying any sense of immersion. Will something be done to prevent this in the SA?

What is the general consensus guys/gals? How do you feel global chat should be handled?

No global chat.  No global voice.  Proximity only

but will the walkie talkie act as a semi-global chat in the future?

That's what I'm curious about

but will the walkie talkie act as a semi-global chat in the future?

That's what I'm curious about

Ahh, as long as others are on the same channel I believe you can talk to other players.

• Like 4

a walkie opens up the range for proximity chat via the different freqs. I haven't tested it but watched a video and they get static on the line out past 1km. As a base point that's nice, but hopefully they add some longer range radios.

a walkie opens up the range for proximity chat via the different freqs. I haven't tested it but watched a video and they get static on the line out past 1km. As a base point that's nice, but hopefully they add some longer range radios.

That's cool.  I never knew it had a range but that would only make sense.  They need to not use fisher price radios.  1km is not very far.

I'm guessing there are two ways to implement radios. Either you will broadcast on a channel, and only those who are listening on that channel will hear it, or you pair two together and only those two can send/receive. As for the range, you would imagine they could work in battery power based on that. Broadcast across the whole map and the battery power would be used up quicker, reduce the broadcast and they'd last longer.

• Like 1

I'm guessing there are two ways to implement radios. Either you will broadcast on a channel, and only those who are listening on that channel will hear it, or you pair two together and only those two can send/receive. As for the range, you would imagine they could work in battery power based on that. Broadcast across the whole map and the battery power would be used up quicker, reduce the broadcast and they'd last longer.

1st walkie set to any freq able to send/receive text and voice

2nd walkie set to same freq able to send/receive text and voice

only current modifier is distance between the two. I would think the same thing would apply for longer range radios, perhaps increased battery consumption and/or different freqs all together.

text only side chat

No, please god! Not even that! Global comms have no place outside of radio transmissions with the req'd transmitter/reciever.

• Like 3

do you guys think it would be interesting to have more or less walkie talkie spawns compared with the amount that spawn in now?

Also, will radio stations exist and will they have anything to do with the walkie talkie?

I'm surprised they implemented this so early, will be interesting to see what happens in the future regarding this.

No, please god! Not even that! Global comms have no place outside of radio transmissions with the req'd transmitter/reciever.

I second this notion, I feel walkie talkie's should be the only means of communicating in a large radius with other walkie talkie users. no more of the smack talk over global chat like in the mod.

I second this notion, I feel walkie talkie's should be the only means of communicating in a large radius with other walkie talkie users. no more of the smack talk over global chat like in the mod.

They also allow for eavesdropping. The only problem is few people use them in place of ts/mumble. So, kinda sucks on that aspect.

• Like 1

Im so gonna sit by a big city cycling frequencies hoping to pick up some chatter. Might even become a SOP to scan frequencies before hitting a high traffic area :)

Been back on the mod a lot recently, and I gotta say in a way I miss global chat. I hear OP about spam idiots though. We could always mute mic spammers but would be nice with a global chat that we can either use, disable completely, or when we mute one individual it stops the txt aswell.....Maybe make global chat a server setting like in the mod :)

• Like 1

@karmaterror

I feel that global chat would be good for people who had access to it after investing time into the server first. this is why having the walkie talkie act as a "global" chat would be great.

I feel global chat on private hives should be an option, but it should not be an option on the public hive

They also allow for eavesdropping. The only problem is few people use them in place of ts/mumble. So, kinda sucks on that aspect.

I saw another thread discussing this, but has there been talk regarding [what is being done about] this?

Edited by helcol

In all the hours I have put into playing (both in regular and HC) I have not once encountered a "cheater".  not saying they don't exist, just saying that they are few and far between from what I have seen.  Even all the guys I run with have not once mentioned being nerfed by a cheater.  I think the big thing here (and not trying to insult you) is that you want to see a name of who killed you so you can "exact revenge".  Seeing a guys name is not going to make a difference in him killing you, you can't tell if he is a cheater by his name (unless he calls himself "Sir haxalot" or "ihazaimbotskillzzzzzz") so names mean absolutely nothing.  If you get killed, you get killed..  

You can't tell that another guy doesn't sport ESP or a WH, but you can put it in the search bar on YT and see your first cheater in action. And many others too. I want a ''report option'' because I play this game a lot and I have seen cheaters port around and shoot me through walls. But first, I'd like to talk to the guy because some fools like to brag too. Mainly, I'd like to shoot the shit with other players on the server while I'm picking invisible berries

Edited by Highlander007

You can't tell that another guy doesn't sport ESP or a WH, but you can put it in the search bar on YT and see your first cheater in action. And many others too. I want a ''report option'' because I play this game a lot and I have seen cheaters port around and shoot me through walls. But first, I'd like to talk to the guy because some fools like to brag too. Mainly, I'd like to shoot the shit with other players on the server while I'm picking invisible berries

think you posted on the wrong thread man

think you posted on the wrong thread man

Orlok closed the one I was typing this on and said to use a search option.

Orlok closed the one I was typing this on and said to use a search option.

read the title of the post, this has nothing to do with what you posted at all

Is that your final answer?

yes, now give me the 1,000,000 US dollars I DESERVE

They work on the ground too. I place 1 at the Electro firestation and leave the other in my inventory and start chatting down the channel when I see someone go into the firestation. Freaks people the fuck out, then I tell them im talking over a walkie talkie and where they can find it, line up the shot an break their legs.

Edited by Daemonkid

They work on the ground too. I place 1 at the Electro firestation and leave the other in my inventory and start chatting down the channel when I see someone go into the firestation. Freaks people the fuck out, then I tell them im talking over a walkie talkie and where they can find it, line up the shot an break their legs.

I never knew that the walkie talkie could do that!

Do you have a video showing such example?

I can't run any video capture software on my potato, and since walkie talkies are fucking hard to come by right now I can not. But, if you manage to find 2, trust me it works. Me and my buddy when we both had one wanted to test. He set it to the same frequency and dropped it on the ground. I ran out of direct chat range(People can hear you in direct chat range when talking on the walkie) and he stood near the walkie on the ground, I spoke into the walkie talkie and he could hear me. It's legit fun.

• Like 1

I can't run any video capture software on my potato, and since walkie talkies are fucking hard to come by right now I can not. But, if you manage to find 2, trust me it works. Me and my buddy when we both had one wanted to test. He set it to the same frequency and dropped it on the ground. I ran out of direct chat range(People can hear you in direct chat range when talking on the walkie) and he stood near the walkie on the ground, I spoke into the walkie talkie and he could hear me. It's legit fun.

i need to try this myself, in the meantime, thanks for the tip. 

You deserve this ---->   :beans: