pyewacket

Global type chat

Will there be global type chat As in the mod. I know it cuts some of the realism aspect but it was fun and made the game more friendly.

No.

FInd a radio and you will be able to talk/type on a frequency though.

• Like 2

No.

FInd a radio and you will be able to talk/type on a frequency though.

And unfortunately, nobody will reply. I don't know, how to encourage the people to even pick the radios up und "waste" their space for it. 

• Like 3

I wish there was global chat at least like 1 message every 120 seconds or 300 seconds to reduce spam. Its like spawning in a empty server at times and thats why a main populace of the game is KoS is because As a social species were being removed of a basic convience of Social aspect other then fourms.

• Like 1

I wish there was global chat at least like 1 message every 120 seconds or 300 seconds to reduce spam. Its like spawning in a empty server at times and thats why a main populace of the game is KoS is because As a social species were being removed of a basic convience of Social aspect other then fourms.

If you want to have a social aspect, then don't KoS the people you see...  be SOCIABLE!!  Last I checked I can't stick my head out the window of my house and talk to someone 5 km away in another town..  People who KoS do so because they want to, not because they need to.  Nothing you will do will remove the KoS factor.. some people are assholes, always have been, always will be.

• Like 2

I have to say, sometimes I miss having global chat. As a lone wolf, some of my favourite DayZ experiences have come from just hanging out on a server, doing some light looting and just casually chatting with fellow players.

It was also a REALLY handy guide to the type of server you were on - if people were having a laugh and a joke in global, I'd be much more likely to hang around, because you know the players are there for a good time first and foremost. If you join and the first thing you see is two children slinging insults and racial/homophobic slurs, you know that the players are probably going to be super-competitive and be trying to 'win' DayZ, in which case I'd be out of that server in double time.

I can understand why it was disabled, but there's a part of me that really wishes it was at least a server-side option.

• Like 2

And unfortunately, nobody will reply. I don't know, how to encourage the people to even pick the radios up und "waste" their space for it.

How to encourage people to use it? Use it yourself, lead by example, be your own boss, <insert suitable motivational poster quote here>.

Seriously. If people want global chat, set it up yourself with the radios. Pick a channel and start broadcasting that this is an open channel. People will eventually reply and if you keep at it on one server then people will get to know that radio channel whatever is typically used for 'global' chat on that server (hell, server admins could post it in the server MOTD/login message if so desired).

If it takes off, you'll start to see it on more and more servers and maybe, just maybe, it'll become 'a thing', an unwritten rule if you will, of DayZ SA. If it doesn't then I guess people don't really want global chat.

• Like 2

So you want global chat?

"FUCK YOU FOR KILLING ME!"

"FUCKIN DICK!!!"

"ASSHOLE!!!!!"

"GO F YOUR MOTHER!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE! IM A BAMBI!"

"QUIT KILLING NEWSPAWNS ASSHOLE!"

All day and all night in global chat, 24/7.

No thanks.

as always thanx everyone. i will try the radio set up it sounds interesting.i totally agree that you can get a feel for whatever server your on by the global chat and either join in or get out sharpish.i for one would love to see it implemented in stand alone. please keep encouraging players to stop KOS. 

Posted Today, 05:27 PM

So you want global chat?

"FUCK YOU FOR KILLING ME!"

"FUCKIN DICK!!!"

"ASSHOLE!!!!!"

"GO F YOUR MOTHER!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE! IM A BAMBI!"

"QUIT KILLING NEWSPAWNS ASSHOLE!"

All day and all night in global chat, 24/7.

No thanks

as already stated in previous posts if the chat is juvenile crap switch servers. but i do agree with your point.

How to encourage people to use it? Use it yourself, lead by example, be your own boss, <insert suitable motivational poster quote here>.

Seriously. If people want global chat, set it up yourself with the radios. Pick a channel and start broadcasting that this is an open channel. People will eventually reply and if you keep at it on one server then people will get to know that radio channel whatever is typically used for 'global' chat on that server (hell, server admins could post it in the server MOTD/login message if so desired).

If it takes off, you'll start to see it on more and more servers and maybe, just maybe, it'll become 'a thing', an unwritten rule if you will, of DayZ SA. If it doesn't then I guess people don't really want global chat.

Doesn't the radio have a very limited range?

A couple of us tried it out and, iirc,  we couldn't talk much past the length of the airfield.

I'd be happy to add that to our server announcements and give it a go, just to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

FloydP....... if you can whats your server 

This cutting the communication from player to player on a server only helps cheaters, so does not showing of names of who killed you and who you killed. Dayz SA right now is so cheater friendly, its a horror

Floyd's DayZ

This cutting the communication from player to player on a server only helps cheaters, so does not showing of names of who killed you and who you killed. Dayz SA right now is so cheater friendly, its a horror

In all the hours I have put into playing (both in regular and HC) I have not once encountered a "cheater".  not saying they don't exist, just saying that they are few and far between from what I have seen.  Even all the guys I run with have not once mentioned being nerfed by a cheater.  I think the big thing here (and not trying to insult you) is that you want to see a name of who killed you so you can "exact revenge".  Seeing a guys name is not going to make a difference in him killing you, you can't tell if he is a cheater by his name (unless he calls himself "Sir haxalot" or "ihazaimbotskillzzzzzz") so names mean absolutely nothing.  If you get killed, you get killed..  

as always thanx everyone. i will try the radio set up it sounds interesting.i totally agree that you can get a feel for whatever server your on by the global chat and either join in or get out sharpish.i for one would love to see it implemented in stand alone. please keep encouraging players to stop KOS. 

they need more radios imo, whenver me and my friend find one i always make space for it and every 10 minuts, talk on each channel twice

Will there be global type chat As in the mod. I know it cuts some of the realism aspect but it was fun and made the game more friendly.

Hello there

Im going to close this as the OP has had a full answer and this is starting to mirror http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178537-global-chat/ that thread.

So carry on the chat there!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178537-global-chat/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178537-global-chat/

Rgds

LoK