Sign in to follow this  
pythonmsh

Got my friends to buy DayZ.

I've personally been playing DayZ since the mod came out. I got my IRL friend to play the mod and we put a few hundred hours into it. Then he ends up buying the SA which ends up in 2 of my other friends buying the game. They always had no hope for the game. But for the past 3 days they've been playing it for 6-8 hours a day. They're looking forward to it being an outstanding game and it has a ton of potential, but right now it's just "okay". Couple things they've been saying

1 - Smooth out the inventory system.

2 - Fix zombies through walls

3 - Some sort of vehicles

4 - Re-spawning loot. They aren't too fond of gearing up on empty servers.

5 - loot actually spawning in some of the little buildings if not all buildings.

But in the end it's all going to be fixed. I personally think certain guns need to be fairly common, mainly just .22's so fresh spawns aren't so defenseless against geared players. Maybe even a pellet gun? Would work great for hunting small rodents. 

Me and my 3 irl friends hope the best for this game. If it turns out to have the content that the mod did with the smoothness of the SA It'll be fairly outstanding.

All things that have been brought up a million times.

Most of which is coming with some patience.

• Like 1

All things that have been brought up a million times.

Most of which is coming with some patience.

Oh yea for sure. The main point was saying their opinions.

Very cool, OP! :)

EDIT

OP, you're not allowed to say anything that has been said before. This is a discussion forum :/

Edited by WargameKlok

Maybe even a pellet gun? Would work great for hunting small rodents.

Pellet guns? The wasteland is vicious...

army_squirrel-bazooka.jpg

• Like 2

Pellet guns? The wasteland is vicious...

army_squirrel-bazooka.jpg

Pshh.. aint gonna see that.

All that shit is in the works, my friend.

Edit: 6 months until vehicles

Vehicles are coming sooner than that.  At least low-speed vehicles.  Bicycles are up first.  

What's wrong with the inventory system ?

It's pretty good right now. It's just a matter of fact it can be really slow and not very responsive. But when it works it works nicely.

I've personally been playing DayZ since the mod came out. I got my IRL friend to play the mod and we put a few hundred hours into it. Then he ends up buying the SA which ends up in 2 of my other friends buying the game. They always had no hope for the game. But for the past 3 days they've been playing it for 6-8 hours a day. They're looking forward to it being an outstanding game and it has a ton of potential, but right now it's just "okay". Couple things they've been saying

5 - loot actually spawning in some of the little buildings if not all buildings.

But in the end it's all going to be fixed. I personally think certain guns need to be fairly common, mainly just .22's so fresh spawns aren't so defenseless against geared players. Maybe even a pellet gun? Would work great for hunting small rodents. 

Me and my 3 irl friends hope the best for this game. If it turns out to have the content that the mod did with the smoothness of the SA It'll be fairly outstanding.

22x9xFz.jpg

I think that just about wraps up today's meeting, gents. Same time tomorrow?

spoon-cool-story-bro-217329.jpeg

Thanks for sharing OP, always nice to get more people in the game. Sorry for the smart-asses, the interwebs are full of them.

Edited by Chucknorris405

The best part about dayz is when you start to get bored of one of them, there are like 30 other mods with all sorts of variation to try out.

It will get 100x better when SA makes its way to modding.