Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

Improve the ladders, please...

The ladders are better to climb than in ArmA 3 and ArmA 2, but it's still a choke point. You can't climb 2by2, you climb 1by1. You can't slide down, which could be used in conjunction with gloves.

Edited by DayzForumer
  • Like 6

I like the sliding down part and making gloves actually usefull, but a real improvement to the ladders would be a new animation for when you reach the top. I'm afraid to climb ladders if the distance is too high because sometimes the character doesn't go slightly in front of the ladder after I reach the top and I just end up falling back down and dying.

I like the sliding down part and making gloves actually usefull, but a real improvement to the ladders would be a new animation for when you reach the top. I'm afraid to climb ladders if the distance is too high because sometimes the character doesn't go slightly in front of the ladder after I reach the top and I just end up falling back down and dying.

Happens to me too fucking often lol , ladder defly need a revamping , no it's not a "game breaker" but it is very annoying especially at the rate it seems to get people .

And one building that is almost impossible to get on top of (if you. Or the server is lagging for some reason the ladders are harder to get up ) is the apartment buildings above balota , legit tried three times on the same laggy server to get on top of the apartments there and died because my character just wouldn't move when I got to the top , eventually making me slide off each time gaha .

Feel free to discuss more.

Edit: Add ideas if you want to.

Edited by DayzForumer

Wish there were more ways of climbing.. Such as rappelling by rope. This would be useful for climbing down a face of a large slope. Paired with hiking boots and gloves, this could reduce the chances of accidents happening (If your hands were to slip for example)

The transition of climbing ladders could be better to match the more improved animations over Arma 2.

They need a mounting/dismounting annimation instead of the teleport interaction for sure. Sliding would be nice or atleast a fast action (2 by 2 like you suggested) when holding the sprint key, would be louder though.