Sign in to follow this  
savini

Dragging Comrades

Drag?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To Drag?

I'd like to see dragging brought back in, in case a pal gets knocked down in the open or has his legs broken.

For those who are not familiar with the dragging mechanic in ArmA 2, allow me to explain. If you are aware, then skip down below.

ArmA 2 had an option to drag (and also carry) wounded soldiers. It worked by using your scroll wheel near the wounded soldier and choosing the 'drag' option. This would make you grab the gear strap on the back of the troop and allow you to move backwards only. If you scrolled again you would have the option to pick up the soldier and put him over your shoulder. You could then move forwards and backwards. Once you were in a safe spot behind cover you'd scroll down to 'drop' and you would let go/gently place the wounded troop on the ground. From there you could use your first aid and be done.

ArmA-2-drag.jpg

I think this mechanic could be used and prove to be more functional and necessary in Day Z, as it takes a bit more work to get someone back into the game, leaving the medic vulnerable for extended periods. It would only make sense to pull someone to safety before bandaging, applying morphine or an epi-pen, or whatever the circumstance requires.

Note: This is solely about the ability to drag a wounded player. I'm not talking about the tactics or the first aid procedures.

I don't foresee any problems with allowing dragging, but if you do then feel free to express your thoughts.

• Like 7

A full yes, just have it work properly this time BI  :rolleyes: It's an awesomely useful mechanic to have, plus looks ultra cool.

Edited by Zarniwoop

Definitely yes.  Would love to see this in game.

Don't see why it shouldn't be in game. Also with some of the talk I've heard about baiting zeds and such I think that you ought to be able to drag corpses around as well.

But can you put a burlap sack on a captured newspawn and drag them up to the top floor of a building where they can be executed? If that's the case SIGN ME UP

I would love this same system implemented , maybe not in the scroll wheel (as I like that to be clutter free) but I don't know how else it could be used besides the scroll wheel menu , but they'll figure something out I'm sure the devs are on the same page as us ;).

BIS has been sticking with that scroll wheel menu for more than 10 years now...I bet It's an idea of Marek Spanel and no one dares replacing it :p

jk, I like it.

Dragging should be slow but quick pickup, fireman hold should be a bit faster and happen when you try to stand when dragging but take a wee bit to get the guy over your shoulder.

There should be a bit of chance to make the injury worse.

Also remove the hide body option without any sort of digging tool and off grass.

this is great.

now we can knock people out and drag them off into the woods

As far as I can remember, this is planned and will introduced after Physics and ragdolls are fully implemented...maybe it will also replace then the "hide body" function ;)

yeah, this would be really useful, i like it.

i will be great - but there has to be some change in the health system for this to be realy cool  Like if the wonded person has his leg injured you will be able to move him to cover shoulder to shoulder ,if there is another person caring him by the other shoulder it will be faster . If the person is unconcious it will be a lot more difficult to move him 

Nearly voted nay so i could be the only no vote on the forums for this ;)

Actually i thought this was already planned, well i imagined it was going to be added further down the line. If it isn't already in the plans i hope it does get added.

The idea of dragging/carrying your crippled/unconscious friend to safety is too good to not include! :P If not for safety then at least to the top of some stairs so you can see how many they roll down (once physics/rag doll's have been implemented) :D

hope they do carries along with drags, but Hawes > Fireman's.

Looking forward to hitting bambis over the back of the head with a pipe wrench and dragging them down into my basement.

A proposition; you can only be dragged lying down/crouching, and can wiggle free of a drag if you are still conscious.