GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

I'd bet 10 pristine cans of beans that the OP has NEVER held up or killed anyone in the game.

Those questions are pretty easy. I haven't held anyone up yet, but if I do, I'll take what I need from them and ask them three questions:

1. What is your name?

2. What is your quest?

3. What is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

African or European swallow?

• Like 4

Fuck you and your "weak masses" comment. Go troll on reddit.

I have held up only 2 people and neither had guns. I hate to say it, but successfully holding someone up takes more skill for a number of reasons.

1. They may just YOLO it and run, or attack. You have to react fast.

2. You need to be convincing. You are dealing with some random dude. Better find out what makes them tick to get the response you want.

Anyone can just shoot someone in this game. Getting them to comply brings in more factors.

KOS is the easiest possible way to play the game.

Bandits get all the benefits, and no drawbacks with that gameplay style.

KOS feeds more KOS which feeds more KOS, which makes the entire game nothing but KOS.

Hence the hate from other players that want to play as Heros, but CANNOT do it without being bullet sponges.

Bandits at least have the stones to put themselves in harm's way while robbing a person, curse of monkey island was a great point and click game much like KoS.

Why does it seem that most of the DayZ community is so "anti-bandit" that they can't accept bandits as a necessary aspect in the game?

I'm sure many of you have seen the numerous threads and posts talking about how Bandits are "playing the game wrong" or are "bad at the game". I personally used to be the sort of person who absolutely hated the KOS mentality, but I never went as far to think that Bandits were playing wrong and were bad.

As of now, I do often kill people on sight, and I accept that in doing so I will be seen as a dick. But this is totally fine, it's fine to be a dick in the game, and it's not because you're bad at the game, or that you're "playing the game wrong".

The community as of now seems to think that the game is very black and white (in terms of morals), yet what you don't realize is that the game is extremely grey.

Anyway back to my question and confusion. Why do you (if you do) think that Bandits are "playing the game wrong" and are "bad at the game"?

very similar existing thread. merging

Cheers. It's pretty easy, and pretty lame to shoot everything that moves, it takes a lot of bravery to let someone live.

I ask mostly 2 questions : 

What is your name?

Where are you from?

What happens next depends on stranger 

This is obviously troll bait folks, don't bite. I'm sure it'll end up locked soon enough.

• Like 1

What's your way? 

Merging.

I would never KOS a fresh spawn, or someone far away.  I think it is too "risky" to hold someone up.  I do hunt other geared players on the coast with my friends.  I have been KOS'ed so many times now, I dont even care anymore.  Part of it is my fault, a couple were Dbag moves, but so what.  Its the game.  It is one thing that makes DayZ awesome, you can do anything you want. 

Hell, part of the fun is spawning and finding new gear again.

• Like 1

I won't KoS a fresh spawn unless they are stupid enough to come at me with fists or a melee weapon.  And believe me, there is a lot of stupid players out there.  Like it's pretty pathetic and sad when you go offer a fresh player some food and they try to attack you instead.

I KOS anything that moves besides zombies since zombies are useful for alerting me to a player in the nearby area. I kill on the coast, I kill in electro, I kill in Berazino, any time anyone tries to interact I just shoot them.

It's entertaining to me, until it's not and I'll find something else to do...my avg char probably kills between 50-100 people before he dies to some random glitch..and I only minimally gear my char. 

I myself hunt people who shoot on sight, but if you think about it if someone is too lazy to play a game properly would you not consider "bad at the game"?

Define playing this game properly that isn't swayed by your own personal opinion.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually defined KoS?

-Is it only people who kill fresh spawns?

-Is it people who kill without interacting always?

-Is it people who kill without interacting for non "in-game" reasons?

-Is it people who ever kill without interaction?

-Is it people who kill without being shot at first, even with interaction?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually defined KoS?

-Is it only people who kill fresh spawns?

-Is it people who kill without interacting always?

-Is it people who kill without interacting for non "in-game" reasons?

-Is it people who ever kill without interaction?

-Is it people who kill without being shot at first, even with interaction?

Kill on sight. 

Here's an example: You're strolling along the edge of a road and you see another survivor. You kill him.  :)

Kill on sight. 

Here's an example: You're strolling along the edge of a road and you see another survivor. You kill him.  :)

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with acronyms... Seriously though, I'm trying to delve into the subtleties. For instance, I am clearing a building at the airport. I line up with the wall, swing around wide on the door and spot someone inside with a gun. Having no backup or handcuffs, I pop him in the head as there is no other way to ensure he isn't a risk for the duration of my stay. Am I a KoS? What if I open my mic and say "I'm shooting you now"? What if I scream into the mic "Get down on the ground and drop your weapon!", he does, I make some show out of robbing him, then kill him because there really isn't any other option as he could just walk to another building and pick up another gun?

So, BF and CoD are survival games??  :huh:

In the end every shooter is a survival game, more or less, you die and you lose your character/round/game, you name it. Live by any means and you win.

In the end every shooter is a survival game, more or less, you die and you lose your character/round/game, you name it. Live by any means and you win.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Like 2

If only you would reply how I am wrong. Instead you just ctrl+v a dumb emoticon. Congratulations. Meanwhile keep facepalming every time you get shot for nothing and you can't do anything about it, with narrow minded people you bother only once.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone