Sign in to follow this  
kedde

i lost it

No sir, I am not trying to bait, just as you mentioned, stating my opinion :)

And to answer the poster above you, when I log in to play, I stay in for hours on end and only leave if I am going AFK for food, or sleep.  So in essence, if you are logging out only to log in on another server right after you logged out, then yes you are doing something wrong (in my opinion), but my opinion (and yours) really only mattter to each of us.  The OP has to decide if what he did was right or wrong and he is the one who has to live with it :)

Good gaming to you!

I wasnt on about you man.

To Stoutale, fair point well made.  Fearlogging I like it, hopefully you wont mind if I start throwing that phrase around.

Edited by Jolunn
  • Like 2

So in essence, if you are logging out only to log in on another server right after you logged out, then yes you are doing something wrong (in my opinion),

Now.. if you logged out, waited for the timer to end, moved positions on a different server then came back to your original server that's a problem.

He said he logged, he didn't say he server hopped.  As I said in my first post, if he did that then it's a huge difference.

Edited by StoutAle

@Stout, I agree with your "fear logging" term..  sounds good to me.

Also agree with the difference between logging and hopping.

Well, enough of this chit chatting.. logging in so I can go and have a run.  Only 2 hours to Walking Dead ;)  Need to go play a bit

Good gaming!

• Like 1

Still, good job buddy, way to smoke dem bandito's ;)

oh but i am a simple bandit myself, it´s  a shame we bandits can´t stick together once inawhile against all those so called "Heroes"

every time you log out your doing so to avoid combat, someone might have been stalking you for 30 mins then you log out does he call you a combat logger? I dont log out during combat but I log out to avoid someone shooting me when I go afk isnt that combat logging too?

I consider combat logging when you know somebodies after you and you log out. If you dont know somebodies after you its not combat logging.

• Like 1

i know a combat logger is someone who logs out during combat, but i logged out 1min right after i killed them because i didn´t want to deal with other players that might kill me, so does THAT make me a combat logger?

also how was your first time?

No, you are not a combat logger.  You killed them, and waited around for a minute.  Nothing wrong with what you did.  A combat logger would have logged out when the shooting started/or the axes started chopping.  Combat was over, you won.  You can't be a combat logger if there is no combat and you logged out. ;)

First time?  Just got at pristine M4, a new spawn saw me in the trees and was asking for food.  I didn't see the 2 other bambi's behind me flanking me because he was keeping me occupied.  I had a motorcycle helmet on, they had no weapons and they tried to punch me in the head.  I lit all three of them up, and gave them a lecture about how dumb they were trying to knock me out with a motorcycle helmet on.  If they had axes, I would have been dead. Lesson learned.  I always keep bambi's at a distance, always have gun at the ready and always have 3pp on when talking to other players.... but that was a while ago when I first started.  I don't KoS, and always give a person a chance - at a distance.  My character has been alive for over 5 days.  Sure, he will die - it is the nature of this game... death.

I dont log out during combat but I log out to avoid someone shooting me when I go afk isnt that combat logging too?

I consider combat logging when you know somebodies after you and you log out. If you dont know somebodies after you its not combat logging.

Exactly.  I always log out if going afk, but I bet there are people that would complain about that here too though. lol.

Who cares what people think. I dont consider that combat loggin.

If you ask the kids on these forums, they will somehow give a stupid 3 paragraph reason why it is.

Just play the way you want to play

Edited by WooTs

Who cares what people think. I dont consider that combat loggin.

If you ask the kids on these forums, they will somehow give a stupid 3 paragraph reason why it is.

Just play the way you want to play

I presume Kedde cared hence asking the question.  You seem to have not read the thread but I can give you the highllights.  We went back and forth then we came to an agreement he didn't combat log and a new phrase was coined by Stoutale that he fearlogged.

We didn't lower the tone by making insults or accusing people of being kids, it's called a mature discussion in wait for it......... the new player discussion.  Maybe you showed who the kid was by your reply.

Third paragraph for the hell of it.

• Like 1

Combat logging only occurs when you log out during an active engagement. Logging out before or after an engagement cannot constitute a combat log because combat is not occuring. To say otherwise suggests that logging out in the middle of nowhere could be considered combat logging because there is the 'potential' of combat.

anywho, i logged out afterwards cuz i was afraid that people might come to the school, and that makes me question

am i a combat logger?

i know a combat logger is someone who logs out during combat, but i logged out 1min right after i killed them because i didn´t want to deal with other players that might kill me, so does THAT make me a combat logger?

also how was your first time?

Combat logging is a grey area, as everyone has different opinions. You need to find what your comfortable with and what works for you Kedde. My thoughts would be you have to be in combat in order to combat log. However my personal rule is, what would I do if given a different scenario? I plan to play for x amount of hours before I call it quits, if something happens I stay in game. Just my personal rule.

So my question to you Kedde: Would you have logged, if it were not for that scenario? I think you will answer your own questions

My first time was a panic filled state in which my group of 3 had to fight off 5 armed guys. We came out on top but for the next hour I was a nervous wreck scouting out, in hope that they never come back. It made it that much more intense and emotions were rife. 

Not accusing you of combat logging Kedde, You just have to find your own moral grounds and stick with them  :) Only you can decide, as you have to live with your decisions.

Hope this helps mate, and beans for surviving  :beans: