Sign in to follow this  
kedde

i lost it

-

Edited by kedde
  • Like 1

anywho, i logged out afterwards cuz i was afraid that people might come to the school, and that makes me question

am i a combat logger?

i know a combat logger is someone who logs out during combat, but i logged out 1min right after i killed them because i didn´t want to deal with other players that might kill me, 

Yes you are.

Edited by Jolunn
  • Like 1

Not sure If a show off thread or ''i am not a combat logger even though i logged out shortly after combat''

So you call him/her a combat logger for logging out about 1 minute after going on a murderous rampage? What is the proper time to exit after a firefight? I'm just curious

in my case it was self defence, so does it still make me a cowardly combat logger, or just someone who wanted to get to safety?

So you call him/her a combat logger for logging out about 1 minute after going on a murderous rampage? What is the proper time to exit after a firefight? I'm just curious

He asked an open question to the forum and I gave him my perspective as an answer, I did not abuse, criticise or call him out just an honest response.  From the words he wrote his sole reason for logging was he feared combat (or read it as I feared losing my gear you choose) so regardless of the timing whether it be prior, during or after combat he logged for one reason only.

in my case it was self defence, so does it still make me a cowardly combat logger, or just someone who wanted to get to safety?

If you wished to get to safety then exit through a door and run for the hills.  Sounds like in the heat of the moment you just made the wrong decision, when you are approaching a building looking for the best way to get in and done your scouting which takes time it's a real let down to find out they logged.

Edit: sorry meant to make one response but somehow managed to make two separate posts

Edited by Jolunn

I never knew there was an etiquette to follow for logging out after combat. The OP never stated which city they were in, hell they could have been in the middle of cherno or electro, so escape may have not been an easy thing. Everyone deals with a situation in different ways and I realize the OP asked an open ended question but you can't expect everyone to act in a linear fashion.

How long do you expect people to wait around to see if anyone else is coming to investigate? Maybe the OP needed time to digest what just happened because it sounds to me like they haven't been on the right side of many 3 on 1 gun fights

oh but tobias i did state that we were in middle of electro, we were inside the school :)

• Like 1

You say it was self defense but you said you killed the first one because he had a SKS and you had and M4.  Did he shoot first?  Someone simply having a SKS doesn't mean you can shoot them "in self defense".

You wanted to get to safety without running into anyone after looting a good loot area, so instead of leaving the area you logged in the school.  Combat was over, so I can't say it was combat logging, sounds like you kind of freaked out having taken out three guys in a row having never really had that happen.  No biggie. Other then the guy with the SKS the other two attacked you and got killed then you logged out.  Now.. if you logged out, waited for the timer to end, moved positions on a different server then came back to your original server that's a problem.

Tobias, umm he said "(we were in school at electro)" so he did say where he was, and you were spot on he was in Electro.

oh yeah, the guy with the SKS did shoot at me first

oh yeah, the guy with the SKS did shoot at me first

That's a big part, so you killed three guys that attacked you and then after that you logged to get your wits about you, don't sweat it.  They clearly wanted to be killed (especially the guy with the axe) you did them a favor.  Guys who attack first for no reason and don't kill me I consider myself assisting in there suicide attempt.

• Like 1

My bad, I saw the school part but missed the electro part

Suppose it comes down to ones perspective, logging to avoid combat to me is combat logging.  At least Kedde asked the question which was honourable enough and it must have crossed his mind if it was to pose such a question.

I had a friend do it to me leaving me alone in Elecktra fire station, whilst bullets whizzed all around.  Needless to say I died from an ambush outside some minutes afterwards but the joy of finding out when he logged onto another server he was hit with the your character didn't load message and he was back naked on the beach provided me with much amusement.

Part of me understands the combat logging after a firefight because personally-

It's such an adrenaline rush that I need to take a break from the game and get it out. But that's just me

Big difference in logging with bullets flying around and logging out roughly a minute after the last round has been fired.  In theory, sitting in Electro you could be shot at at anytime so if it's been a minute or so sense rounds have gone off as I see it combat is over.  Also if you attack me and I kill you (or you kill me) and then one of us logs out the combat was over so how can it be combat logging?

Yeah you kind of are... You should have ended it with your great escape from the city. Would have made for a better story. And the way I kinda see it, if you log off in combat because you NEED to go for some reason, thats fine, but if youre logging because of fear of lost gear then I personally classify it as a combat log.

Still, good job buddy, way to smoke dem bandito's ;)

• Like 1

Big difference in logging with bullets flying around and logging out roughly a minute after the last round has been fired.  In theory, sitting in Electro you could be shot at at anytime so if it's been a minute or so sense rounds have gone off as I see it combat is over.  Also if you attack me and I kill you (or you kill me) and then one of us logs out the combat was over so how can it be combat logging?

Sorry thought i'd clearly explained it already, his sole intention for logging was to avoid combat.  Also said that is just my opinion seems you have a different opinion, thats odd two different opinions on the same subject maybe I should change mine to better suit yours.  Na cant do it so shall we leave it at I think it is and you think it's not.

Anyways Kedde forgot to mention good going on taking them down and surviving the encounter.

IMO, if you have to ask the question "am I a (fill in the blank)" then the answer is usually yes.  You know in your heart if what you are doing is the honorable thing or not, but that being said, in your circumstances atleast the main battle had terminated, you didn't up and log out because they gained the upper hand.  Those are the worst of the worst!

• Like 1

Sorry thought i'd clearly explained it already, his sole intention for logging was to avoid combat.  Also said that is just my opinion seems you have a different opinion, thats odd two different opinions on the same subject maybe I should change mine to better suit yours.  Na cant do it so shall we leave it at I think it is and you think it's not.

Anyways Kedde forgot to mention good going on taking them down and surviving the encounter.

Well you could keep your opinion, or I could change mine to yours or we can both disagree.  None of that matters thought honestly, facts are fact.  Three people attacked someone, all three died.  Combat was over, how can it be a combat log situation?  Yes he feared that the multitude of bandits that hang out in that area would be drawn to the sounds of gunfire so he logged, at the time he wasn't in combat.  He simply didn't want to deal with the possible flood of people to the school. So the fact he didn't want to deal with another one on multiple situation makes him a combat logger in your opinion?  By definition "combat" (no it wasn't going on at the time) "logger" (yes he logged out) wouldn't he simply be a "logger"?

• Like 1

Well you could keep your opinion, or I could change mine to yours or we can both disagree.  None of that matters thought honestly, facts are fact.  Three people attacked someone, all three died.  Combat was over, how can it be a combat log situation?  Yes he feared that the multitude of bandits that hang out in that area would be drawn to the sounds of gunfire so he logged, at the time he wasn't in combat.  He simply didn't want to deal with the possible flood of people to the school. So the fact he didn't want to deal with another one on multiple situation makes him a combat logger in your opinion?  By definition "combat" (no it wasn't going on at the time) "logger" (yes he logged out) wouldn't he simply be a "logger"?

I think the point is that the first combat had a huge chance of leading to subsequent combat, which he chose to log out to avoid.  There are consequences to your actions.  Granted he had no choice but to shoot at the first group attacking him, but in doing so he has to deal with the consequences and do what it takes to secure his escape.  Logging out to avoid the consequences is not the most honorable thing to do.  Gear can be replaced.. honor not so much ;)

I think the point is that the first combat had a huge chance of leading to subsequent combat, which he chose to log out to avoid.  There are consequences to your actions.  Granted he had no choice but to shoot at the first group attacking him, but in doing so he has to deal with the consequences and do what it takes to secure his escape.  Logging out to avoid the consequences is not the most honorable thing to do.  Gear can be replaced.. honor not so much ;)

So in essence he should stay logged in forever?  In that city you wait there long enough someone will be nice enough to give you more combat so you should run out of the building that everyone knows just had a gun fight so every sniper in the area can shoot you from 800m?  That's not combat logging that's being smart. He gave up his location in a huge way after three gun fights if he exits that building (depending on that amount of people on the server) there is a good chance he gets shot before he has a chance to do anything, that's honorable?  I don't understand what he was expected to do, sit there? Exit and be sniper bait? Is it honorable to snipe someone exiting a building that can't see you or harm you? So he really simply avoided allowing someone else to be dishonorable.  :D

• Like 2

So if there team consisted of four people with the fourth outside trying to work out where his team was shot from or where the shooter had retreated to, would that in essence mean Kedde was still in combat albeit without him knowing.  Maybe when your team members die you run in blindly but a minute to me seems reasonable enough time to scope out the building whilst also, as you mention, worrying about bandits that heard the gunfire has to be taken into consideration. So you waste your time and possible threat of death only to find the person logged to avoid combat.  Ergo why my opinion is it is combat logging.

I appreciate that your view is different, your entitled to it but I think you're just trying to bait an argument from me so shall so adieu.

Anyways he takes the risk of logging back into a high traffic area.  

So if there team consisted of four people with the fourth outside trying to work out where his team was shot from or where the shooter had retreated to, would that in essence mean Kedde was still in combat albeit without him knowing.  Maybe when your team members die you run in blindly but a minute to me seems reasonable enough time to scope out the building whilst also, as you mention, worrying about bandits that heard the gunfire has to be taken into consideration. So you waste your time and possible threat of death only to find the person logged to avoid combat.  Ergo why my opinion is it is combat logging.

I appreciate that your view is different, your entitled to it but I think you're just trying to bait an argument from me so shall so adieu.

Anyways he takes the risk of logging back into a high traffic area.  

No sir, I am not trying to bait, just as you mentioned, stating my opinion :)

And to answer the poster above you, when I log in to play, I stay in for hours on end and only leave if I am going AFK for food, or sleep.  So in essence, if you are logging out only to log in on another server right after you logged out, then yes you are doing something wrong (in my opinion), but my opinion (and yours) really only mattter to each of us.  The OP has to decide if what he did was right or wrong and he is the one who has to live with it :)

Good gaming to you!

• Like 1

I am not trying to get you to argue, I could not care less if you respond, lets also remember that after he logs his character in game stays there for 30 seconds to a minute or so.  So it would have been at least a few minutes after the final round was shot before his body was out of the game.  to suggest logging to avoid combat that isn't happening is combat logging is a stretch to me, again different opinions and views and that's fine, but the normal view of combat logging is to avoid combat that is happening or has happened and not stopped (you shoot at someone, they aren't dead and you log to avoid them).  In this case he was engaged by three people, killed them all, waited a minute and logged.  As I said before the term combat logging can't be used here simply because there was no combat going on.  Fear logging? Sure.  Make a new name for it if you want, but no combat going on kind of omits the possibility of combat logging IMO.

• Like 2