Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

How do I turn off sunbeams?

They blind me and are too bright. Feels like looking into a floodlight.

Postprocessing effects, I think.

Doesn't do much about the sun.I have them on none and the sun still emits light like a blue giant.

Pic related.

250px-Alcyon_%28star%29.jpg

Edited by SoldierHair
  • Like 1

Get some Gunnars!

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

You act like you do with anything in DayZ. You deal with it! Never driven into a 16:00 sun during wintertime I suppose? there's nothing "too bright" about it.

• Like 2

Hi.

l think the sun is fine. Maybe try not walking towards it.

Learn how to use it to your advantage and you will win.

Regards.

• Like 1

He didn't say the sun. He said sunbeams. The rays filtering through the trees that make every day look ridiculously photogenic and unrealistic in DayZ.

• Like 1

You cannot disable sun glare. That would give you a massive and unfair advantage over people who had not disabled it.

Sunglasses are bugged, i still get blinded.

Sun glasses are aesthetic only and functioning correctly.

Edited by Mos1ey

They blind me and are too bright. Feels like looking into a floodlight.

Have you ever been out of your cellar?

Sunglasses are bugged, i still get blinded.

Play A.C.E. - it works there.

You act like you do with anything in DayZ. You deal with it! Never driven into a 16:00 sun during wintertime I suppose? there's nothing "too bright" about it.

Why do people try to bring real life into this?  I have driving at that time and it's bright, so I put on sunglasses and or a hat to help block the sun from being that bright.  So your point is what?  This game has hats with visors and sunglasses, if they want to be "realistic" them items would actually work as well as the sun does.

• Like 1

Why do people try to bring real life into this?  I have driving at that time and it's bright, so I put on sunglasses and or a hat to help block the sun from being that bright.  So your point is what?  This game has hats with visors and sunglasses, if they want to be "realistic" them items would actually work as well as the sun does.

"Alpher" and guess what, it works against the other guy if you make sure your back is to the glare. But that's what seperates the men from the boys in DayZ. Crying for a nerf on the forum won't get things changed on here, this isn't EA.

"Alpher" and guess what, it works against the other guy if you make sure your back is to the glare. But that's what seperates the men from the boys in DayZ. Crying for a nerf on the forum won't get things changed on here, this isn't EA.

I'm not sure where I cried for a nerf, I was simply pointing out that your ever so useful post trying to relate this game to real life was useless.  My only thought is if they want to be realistic, and it seems they do, if the sun is a factor then things that block the sun should be also.  Based on where you are and where you want to get sometimes you can't have your back to the glare, obviously in a firefight you need to do that but the sunbeams through the trees and such are more a pain when making long runs from point a to point b not when messing around in a city.

It's fine the way it is, IMO.

IRL the sun is too bright to look at.

Shouldn't be any different in dayz.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

He didn't say the sun. He said sunbeams. The rays filtering through the trees that make every day look ridiculously photogenic and unrealistic in DayZ.

• Like 1

If sunglasses are purely aesthetic they're not functioning correctly. Changing name to "hipster glasses" might change that but as long as they're supposed to be shades, they should provide protection from bright light.

• Like 1

As much as i love the sun rays they are over done. In my 40 years under the sun i have never seen them like they are in game.  

They should not be adjustable client side, but they do need to be 'reduced' IMO.

• Like 1

You cannot disable sun glare. That would give you a massive and unfair advantage over people who had not disabled it.

Then it's their fault for having an IQ under 50.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DayZ_%28mod%29

“DayZ attempts to portray a realistic scenario within the game play, with the environment having different effects on the player.”

“Why do people try to bring real life into this?  ***WTF wake up dude***

“Sun glasses are aesthetic only and functioning correctly.”  Yah working sunglasses would not be realistic.

Hats shouldn’t provide protection from sun glare either as that would be realistic and we wouldn’t want that in a game that “attempts to portray a realistic scenario”

Edited by Crazy Ivan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DayZ_%28mod%29

“DayZ attempts to portray a realistic scenario within the game play, with the environment having different effects on the player.”

“Why do people try to bring real life into this?  ***WTF wake up dude***

“Sun glasses are aesthetic only and functioning correctly.”  Yah working sunglasses would not be realistic.

Hats shouldn’t provide protection from sun glare either as that would be realistic and we wouldn’t want that in a game that “attempts to portray a realistic scenario

If you actually read what I quoted and understood a tad about what we are talking about you'd understand what was going on.  The person I quoted said "Never driven into a 16:00 sun during wintertime I suppose? there's nothing "too bright" about it.".. he's talking real life.  The problem with that argument is yes most of us have driven then and it was bright so we put on sunglasses and or a hat to help with that problem.  In the game the hat and glasses don't help so you can't compare the situations.  Toss in the fact that the sunbeams coming from the sun beams through trees in this game is so blinding it's like looking directly at the sun in real life. Also not realistic.  Like I said don't try to bring real life into this because things in this game aren't mimicking real life.

Make the sunbeams realistic to the point you don't get sun blind from glancing that way or make sunglasses/hats work as they do in real life.  Having the beams as bright as they are (way to bright for a "realistic" like game) and also making sunglasses/hats serve no purpose (again, not realistic at all) doesn't make sense.  I understand it's Alpha, but you don't have to be a developer to understand that the beams through the trees can be toned down a bit.  I don't want it adjustable in options, just make it at least close to accurate in game.  Not a lot to ask for, not game changing.  If they can make full moon darkness and complete darkness work, they can make overcast work, then make "sunny" work more realistic. 

At the rate they are going with the sun as powerful as it is if it's going to be realistic the trees should be catching fire in Wednesdays patch with all that heat burning through them.