Dennus (DayZ)

Cannot enter medical building with broken legs

So, last night I was in Berezino and broke my leg while climbing a ladder onto the appartment building.

Since I was close to the new medical buiulding (the blue ones that are in experimental) I decieded to crawl over there to look for some morphine.

Couldn't even enter the building. Both entrances have a stair wit a few steps and a banister at both sides.

It it impossible to crawl into the building.

I ended up finding me a nice person to shoot me.

Edited by Dennus

Yeah that's kind of the stupidity in the game physics that you can't overcome a small ledge by crawling over it. This problem is about 13 years old.

• Like 3

Yeah that's kind of the stupidity in the game physics that you can't overcome a small ledge by crawling over it. This problem is about 13 years old.

Well, they could just fix it...

cant you stand up move a few steps before you fall down again? i remember using this method to overcome some obstacles ones

Try standing up (if you still can with broken legs in the standalone) and using the 'step over' button. Works in the mod.

I tried the stand up and move technique but it ditn't work.

Also lying and rolling over didn't work because of the banisters on both sides of the stairs.

Simplest solution is that they make a ramp at one entrance. This being also much more realistic due to offering acces to people in wheelchairs.

Thinking about it, why not add wheelchairs. So a friend can push you when you don't have morphine/splints on hand.

Perhaps a small one you can fold up and put in your inventory or carry on your back.

Maybe do a litte drive by shooting when your at it...

Edited by Dennus

Well, they could just fix it...

You haven't played any BIS games except DayZ have you? If you did you wouldn't have said that....fixing seems to be a problem for them...since 13 years.

Simples solution is that they make a ramp at one entrance. This being also much more realistic due to offering acces to people in wheelchairs.

The world is not always friendly to disabled people.

Edited by Enforcer

You haven't played any BIS games except DayZ have you? If you did you wouldn't have said that....fixing seems to be a problem for them...since 13 years.

The world is not always friendly to disabled people.

Since it is a medical building that wouldn't be to much to ask would it?

In experimental (pegged to be pushed to stable this Wednesday) this is disabled - you cannot vault with a broken leg.

stop trying to dumb the game down! you CANNOT simply cross a 20 cm gap, or climb a 20cm step, this is ultra-realistic military-grade simulation! you want such magic go to WoW or CoD or Candy Crush Saga!

sorry i haven't slept much this weekend

• Like 6

what we really need is companion pets - they would improve such a situation drastically.

FUCb95Y.gif

• Like 2

stop trying to dumb the game down! you CANNOT simply cross a 20 cm gap, or climb a 20cm step, this is ultra-realistic military-grade simulation! you want such magic go to WoW or CoD or Candy Crush Saga!

sorry i haven't slept much this weekend

You, Sir, made my day(z). :D

• Like 1

Isn't there a front, rear, and side entryway to the new medical buildings?  I could have sworn that one of them had no stairs...

Isn't there a front, rear, and side entryway to the new medical buildings?  I could have sworn that one of them had no stairs...

There are quite a few structures which aren't enterable when crouching. Even without broken legs, if you try to get in, your character will stand up. Did cost me a few lives in the mod as i successfully crouched around a few Z's without them noticing me, then got aggroed as my char just insisted to stand up to get in structure without any stairs or even a small step.

My bet: they couldn't/wouldn't fix this since the mod, they'll probably never fix it.

I'm sorry sir, your HMO has cancelled your coverage.

EDIT: oh yeah. This is a great example of how the game is by no means a "rewrite" or the arma 2 mod. Just a fork in the dev path with some frosting smeared on top. IMO.

Edited by Disgraced

No, it's just portraying the real life stupidity of third world public facilities. You think small town Russian hospitals have ramps? Forget about it

Hi.

Yep, crawling over, or up objects is one of the anims worst shortcomings. The situation you describe is the reason why l get the morphine before breaking the leg.

Regards.

Zombies

VVV

FUCb95Y.gif

^^^

Crippled survivor

Edited by Wolfguarde

Well, my little fix for when I can't climb stairs is to point my legs towards the stairs, back up and kind of turn. Once you get your legs a bit up the stairs the turn will point your head towards the top of the stairs and you should now be able to crawl up them stairs. It worked in the mod and worked for me a few times in the SA. Not sure if it will work on all stairs, but it has for me on the boat, the fire station and the ACT tower.

Since it is a medical building that wouldn't be to much to ask would it?

Normally not...afaik people were asking for zeroing for the SVD ( which is made for quick zeroing and was very innovative compared even to the western scopes of today ) as well since they introduced it to the game but it never happened. That's how it works.

I had the same Issue with the new Medical Buildings not being "Handicap Accessible"