preacherlr

Disallowed characters : You have been kicked.

First off, Not sure if this is the right place, If it's not can a mod move it please.

Are servers hosts allowed to set their BE to disallow certain characters, IE ( ) [ ] { }.

I hadn't come across this untill today, when I was kicked from about 8 different servers on joining, And ended up having to take my clan tag out of my name..

I had seen this once or twice in the mod, And was never really sure why people do it, I can understand if it messes with Rcon's and such, However no one can use a Rcon at the moment ( As far as I know.. )

So is it just an attempt at keeping clans off a server or is there another reason, If you host a server with this enable, Could you leave a comment saying why?

This wouldn't really keep clans off a server, it would just keep you from using the brackets in your name. If people see a heap of names starting/ending with the same word, they'll get the picture.

Is this showing up on all servers, or just a specific set? It seems to me like something that might have been overlooked when the filter was implemented.

I got it on about 6 servers in a row before I found one that let me in. >.> Hadn't seen it until today.

Hmm... on the server you're on, have you tried putting different characters into your name? Things that would normally be banned by a special character filter? Just curious as to whether it's a blanket coverage or someone's blocking those specific characters.

I feel like this is a way to keep clans off servers...

Which I also don't think will be very effective.

the issue stems from the newly enabled 'BEC' battleye extended controls, the bad word file has been enabled but we don't have the  permission to edit what words are disallowed, so at the moment all brackets are deemed as 'bad characters'. I found this out when i installed the upgrade and enabled the 'bad words' file, jumped on my server then got kicked for 'bad characters', disabled 'bad words' and it worked like treat. Hopefully server admins will realise this before they lose there player base.

Edited by TLa_Vanguard
  • Like 1

the issue stems from the newly enabled 'BEC' battleye extended controls, the bad word file has been enabled

Actually, our server - it's disabled! Yet, we noticed people are getting kicked for it... 

Some characters are not allowed in player names (has always been so).

Certain terms are not allowed in Server descriptions/names...

http://dayzgame.com/downloads/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

I can understand this, but I've never had an issue with the name I've used, In all 1200 hours in the mod and 200 on SA. Yet there are people getting around with profanity for names..

It just baffles me that [ and ] are added to the list, Yet racial slurs are not.

Edited by Preach
  • Like 2

this is just recent that bec MUST HAVE IMPLIMENTED BECAUSE MY SERVER IS DOING THE SAME EVEN FOR ME

the issue stems from the newly enabled 'BEC' battleye extended controls, the bad word file has been enabled but we don't have the  permission to edit what words are disallowed, so at the moment all brackets are deemed as 'bad characters'. I found this out when i installed the upgrade and enabled the 'bad words' file, jumped on my server then got kicked for 'bad characters', disabled 'bad words' and it worked like treat. Hopefully server admins will realise this before they lose there player base.

how can i disable this text

Ladies and Gents i have found the answer of how to disable this!!!!

If you have access to you server config files such as vilayer or HFB click on 

-Configuration files

-then go to the file / "config.cfg" of you battleye

and look for this are

# Kick players who has listed chars in their nameDisallowPlayerNameChars	= []{}()0123456789

and change it to this by adding a " # "

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name#DisallowPlayerNameChars	= []{}()0123456789

this will dissable that problem.!!!

I must have saw 5-6 people get kicked because of problems with their names last night.  Some were for disallowed characters while others had names that were too short.

There's 2 servers (can't tell you which ones right off the top of my head) that kicks my user name every time I try to log on...for 2 weeks now.  I don't have brackets or anything else in my name, which is Lizard but I only get kicked from those 2 servers. (I'll try to find them tonight and post up which ones they are).  Once I get kicked then I have to wait a certain amount of time before logging into another server...which sucks.

Any smart clans change their names to names only they know, that look completely normal by other player's standards before raiding a server. If that is their attempt to thwart that, it's pretty futile.