msy

Please add a death playback /killcam optional function into the GAME

Maybe not everyone mine why and how he/she is dead, but for me or others like me, I suggest DAYZ add death playback/ killcam function which can be optional in the server difficulty setting for the reason below:

1. Due to ALPHA stage, both anty-cheater system and program stability are not good, many people are confused to judge what causes his/her death. With the playback you can see the trueth.

2. For someone who insist reality, this function can be disabled in the server setting.

3. It is a game, not a real life. Since someone likes to kill for fun, and someone more likes a cooperation, with the playback, it might give the killer more pressure if he wants to be camper.

4. If there is a 3rd person's view, why not adding a playback? In my opinion, the former is a cheating way at some condition.

-------

What a survival game should like? As human beings, we should remake a human society as the basic goal then the stable society, finally the revival from apocalypse. Without society human being are one kind of animals. For now in the game you are an animal to seek and eat, to hide and die.

If the game has no ability to reduce killing each-other, why not adding a killcam to help killing each-other?

Edited by msy
  • Like 1

Gonna post my piece before the haters, trolls, and 'others' roll in here and kill it with fire.

My reasoning for not seeing this as working is, well, maybe in games like CoD where the map is small, and it's easy to get a fix on the location your killer was. but in Day Z, the map is HUGE, and depending on where you were killed and who killed you, it's very likely that by the time you get back to your original position, that guy has either moved on, got killed himself, or logged.

This isn't CoD. It never will be.

• Like 8

Maybe not everyone mine why and how he/she is dead, but for me or others like me, I suggest DAYZ add death playback/ killcam function which can be optional in the server difficulty setting for the reason below:

1. Due to ALPHA stage, both anty-cheater system and program stability are not good, many people are confused to detect what causes his/her death. With the playback you can see the trueth.

2. For someone who insist reality, this function can be disabled in the server setting.

3. It is a game, not a real life. Since someone likes to kill for fun, and someone more likes a cooperation, with the playback, it might give the killer more pressure if he wants to be camper.

gtfo_get_out_guy_rage_face_comic_meme_po

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 6

ye, sure and then after getting killed i tell my friend in teamspeak where he is camping...

• Like 3

Gonna post my piece before the haters, trolls, and 'others' roll in here and kill it with fire.

My reasoning for not seeing this as working is, well, maybe in games like CoD where the map is small, and it's easy to get a fix on the location your killer was. but in Day Z, the map is HUGE, and depending on where you were killed and who killed you, it's very likely that by the time you get back to your original position, that guy has either moved on, got killed himself, or logged.

Not like your thoughts, first you don't know the killers name,

second you can know if you were dead by a bug or a invisible zombie (due to program bug or net problems) or a human,

third if the killer is a human you can analyze if he/she was cheater,

fourth for many players in the only Chenaruss, the map is in the brain.

ye, sure and then after getting killed i tell my friend in teamspeak where he is camping...

So as the camper, then there will be a cooperative team death match! yeah!

Edited by msy

This isn't CoD. It never will be.

In COD you know the killers name, AM I RIGHT?

So as the camper, then there will be a cooperative team death match! yeah!

I feel this needs repeating: 

gtfo_get_out_guy_rage_face_comic_meme_po

• Like 6

In COD you know the killers name, AM I RIGHT?

You don't need to know a man's name to put a bullet through his skull. Play this game like a survival simulator, or at the very least like ArmA. This isn't a TDM game.

• Like 1

As some people have pointed out, this isn't a TDM or DM game like a CoD or BF match. This is an open world, survival horror hybrid MMOG. I've never played the other ARMA games, so I don't know how they play out. But from what I've read, they strive for realism rather than heart pounding twitch gameplay.

I  personally don't think we should have a death animation.

My team got into out first fire fight the other night and if an animation was played, it would have detracted from the whole experience. The fight lasted just over 2 hours and we nearly got wiped because of a player who was unconscious on a roof underneath me. He came to and  continued to suppress our group without us knowing!

We had no idea where this new bullets were coming from and ended up climbing the ladder to the roof I was on. Gave me a right old scare.

Just remember to double tap, you should be golden   :D

This is a great idea, also they should give you AT LEAST a pistol when you spawn, and there should be better sniper rifles and ghillie suits in the game. Also the're should be option for servers to spawn the player with full military gear and a M4 with RDS and a 60 round mag. Servers should also have the option to turn off PVP so that players can't take damage from other players.

This is a great idea, also they should give you AT LEAST a pistol when you spawn, and there should be better sniper rifles and ghillie suits in the game. Also the're should be option for servers to spawn the player with full military gear and a M4 with RDS and a 60 round mag. Servers should also have the option to turn off PVP so that players can't take damage from other players.

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic.

• Like 2

You don't need to know a man's name to put a bullet through his skull. Play this game like a survival simulator, or at the very least like ArmA. This isn't a TDM game.

please read my words again I didn't say you can know who killed you, I just say you can know what caused your death. Game is a game, right? The so called survival simulator is a game still.

Sorry OP.  This is the wrong game for you.  This about as nice as I can put it without a mod coming in and slapping me on the bottom.

death is meant to be the way it is in dayz, sudden, and empty, thats why you get a plain "you are dead" message.  if you got shot in the back of the head you would just die with no clue how, just like in real life.  dayz isn't the place for action replays

As some people have pointed out, this isn't a TDM or DM game like a CoD or BF match. This is an open world, survival horror hybrid MMOG. I've never played the other ARMA games, so I don't know how they play out. But from what I've read, they strive for realism rather than heart pounding twitch gameplay.

Can you tell me which caused you or your team wiped out most?

Can you tell me which caused you or your team wiped out most?

Yeah I can. My own stupidity, suicide, invisible zombie ghosts, and stupidity + zombies. I avoid players like the plague.

death is meant to be the way it is in dayz, sudden, and empty, thats why you get a plain "you are dead" message.  if you got shot in the back of the head you would just die with no clue how, just like in real life.  dayz isn't the place for action replays

In the real life you don't have 3rd person's view and you only have one life.

So to the former you can choose hardcore server, to the later? One cdkey one life? OK?

This must the worst reason ever to have one. Mind-twisting metagame-thinking.

I think it's time for mods to close this thread as the OP is obviously trolling and trying to get under peoples skin which in turn will just turn into a giant shit storm that the OP will not recover from, but my canteen is here to catch his tears.

• Like 3

I think it's time for mods to close this thread as the OP is obviously trolling and trying to get under peoples skin which in turn will just turn into a giant shit storm that the OP will not recover from, but my canteen is here to catch his tears.

9d52c9dfc0ee2409446d8aff8944e519e7997c21

• Like 8