Sign in to follow this  
jona (DayZ)

Remove sailor shirt underneath ttsko jacket and wash dirty underwear

My rant on clothes in Dayz

Currently I cant wear a t shirt under my hoodie rain coat or ttsko jacket instead I have a stupid sailor shirt underneath my ttsko jacket which I cant change. So add it in that you can wear t shirts under hoodies and jackets and make it visible and that you can unzip jackets aswell so if your character gets too hot you can unzip the jacket if he's too cold zip it up etc. Clothes seem a bit dumb atm you should be able to have layers of clothes with the risk of overheating and why aren't socks in the game yet they could be a weapon aswell if you put batteries inside of them and they keep your characters feet warm so your toes don't drop off which should be a risk if there's ever snow in the game. Also removable underwear seems to make sense as I guess wearing the same old dirty under panties cant be healthy for you. While i'm at it also washing clothes seems like good idea and polishing boots so there more water resistant.

2rfpo2a.jpg

Edited by jona
  • Like 3

Different uses with items would be nice, As a freshspawn place you flashlight in your sock and club people to death with it.  use a bandana as a hat, scarf and facemask.

Scissors and sewing kit, could be used to cut up clothes and make custom ones with green top white bottom.

tear up a camo shirt and tape it to your sniper to make a camo rifle.

• Like 2

Will people ever stop making shitty topics, crying for attention.

• Like 1

Will people ever stop making shitty topics, crying for attention

Its not the most thought out topic but its not shitty suggesting something realistic as removing clothes, washing them and zipping and unzipping a jacket when its either too hot or cold. Why do you click on this so called shitty topic and reply? If I ever see bad topic I ignore them why don't you do the same as your not suggesting anything to this topic like the post above you did? When I post a topic on these suggestion forums here I don't do it to let off steam so other players that play dayz can read it ''crying for attention'' I do so there's a chance that a dev might actually read and might get a tiny bit of inspiration from it. Which probably never happens but you know don't hurt trying as what I believe this suggestion section on the forums is for.

Edited by jona

I would hardly call the proposition of implimenting the need of changing underwear, or the ability to put your dirty socks into somebodys mouth serious.That is why I called this topic shitty, because there is no need to post here something, that strikes your head first.Think next time before making a topic "is it really needed ? " And there is also no need to suggest anything obvious, that is going to make into the game sooner or later.

Edited by So Sexy

I do think the multiple layered clothing thing is an awesome idea, especially if the heat mechanic is sorted properly. Rule number 1 when trying to stay warm is layers so it makes sense. I also think unzipping clothing would be good if overheated to vent air...when on loaded marches in the army you unzip your jacket a bit and loosen off your cuffs so air circulates easier. Not so sure I'd add socks but I agree with the rest :)

Well I think changing underwear or cleaning them is serious because you can get infection from it and dayz soon enough will be all about infection and disease. And for socks I found this online

Socks keep our feet warm and dry, but what else can they do? Socks can help collect and filter water, which, as we've learned, is crucial to survival. Socks won't purify water, but filtering it through fabric can help remove the more visible sediment and creepy-crawlers. And if you've managed to build a fire, you can now boil the water, making it safer to drink.

Pour water through the sock and into a container. (Ladies, you can also use your bra for this step.) Allow the water to settle so any remaining sediment can fall to the bottom of the container. If you happen to have any iodine (perhaps you have access to a first aid kit), use a few drops to purify the water. Add the iodine, and let the solution sit for 30 minutes before drinking it.

Cotton socks can also provide you with a source of fire-starting tinder. Rub or pick off as much lint as you can. The resulting pile of fuzz will quickly catch a spark when you're trying to light a fire. 

Also in the winter when you get cold people wearing socks because body heat comes in from your feat so when you wear socks your feet are warm and it makes your body warm aswell.

For putting socks in peoples mouths i agree its silly but there's alot of hostage situations dayz so a sock in the mouth could stop you from speaking in direct com.

Edited by jona

Will people ever stop making shitty topics, crying for attention.

People will never stop Complaining about topics they don't like even ones that have good points

I dont like how you take off your t-shirt when you put on a hoddie, or a jacket.

I guess it makes no difference since t-shirts have no pockets, but it wouldn't hurt and would make more sense from a realism standpoint. 

I think whatever t-shirt you have on shows underneath what ever outer shirt you put on after.

Plus you would always have backup rags that you could craft from your t-shirt.

But honestly this is the farthest thing from my mind when it comes to what needs to be added or changed in DayZ.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

...You do realise the "Sailor Shirt" is a part of TTsKO Uniform

It's not a sailor shirt, it's a Telnyashka. Russian standard issue undershirt for most uniforms. Each of them have different colours for whatever unit they're in. So the TTsKO Jacket was used by Russian VDV (Airborne) before you picked it up. There's some cool history in this game if you take some time from shooting random people and do some reading.