expert_vision

Improve items description

The description of every item should clearly state what is it used for and what are the using requirements.

There are currently many item in game that are being implemented and I have noticed that they have a dull description.

I don't want to watch a youtube video/wiki every time I find a new item, to see what is it for and how to use it.

Take for instance Morphine Auto-Injector:

Pain management auto-injection system. Warning: May be habit forming!

There is no way you would realize from this description alone or common sense, that it is used to fix broken bones, whitout reading about it somewhere else.

• Like 1

Well,it's the nature of this game,for example you start as a noob,you find a gun,bullets but then you realise that the bullets you have are not

ment for your gun,you find the rounds your gun uses you are happy,and when you try to load em,you realize you don't have a magazine,

and you are only allowed to chamber 1 bullet.Best thing you can do is read the wiki : http://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone_Wiki

till you get a hang of how things work ingame.Devs are currently working arount the clock for the next patch that greatly affects ingame balnce.

(hunting,persistant storage etc).Working on item description in my opinion is needless at th moment.

• Like 1

It makes sense. I couldn't diagnose injury and know what medical treatment to administer irl without proper training or experiments. Could a civ pick up a box of rounds and immediately know which weapons are capable of using them? Not everything irl comes with a detailed manual, I imagine more so when you loot it from abondoned buildings in an apocalyptic scenario.

I don't want to watch a youtube video/wiki every time I find a new item, to see what is it for and how to use it.

Then - and I realise this might be a foreign concept to you - perhaps you should try experimenting and seeing what happens? 

Wiki's and YouTube have ruined any sense of exploration people have these days. Fuck man, you'd have been screwed back in the 90's.

• Like 2

No, I like to have to think when I play a game.

Figuring what works with what and how it's used should be figured out on your own, IMO.

• Like 1

Still so many confused...

That's the whole idea of the vague description sir's. You have to experiment and find out what happens and I agree with nicko youtubes and wikis etc have ruined it somewhat and yes you would have been screwed in the 90's haha..

Anyway that is part of the whole survival thing and meeting people who might have medical knowledge etc that you can acquire help from ^_^

Without trying to sound like a complete prick, Alot  of the suggestions from noobies and their ideas are to dumb down everything that makes Dayz what it is, which  different.. just be patient.. take it slow, try to play with freinds because (without sounding POMPOUS) I guarantee when your eyes open to what this game is all about a little bit of wee is going to come out.. on more than one occasion ^_^

• Like 1

Damnyourdeadman, Nicko2580, liquidcactus

Yes, when you are veteran player and know how things work you are excited about a new item you find and you don't want any "spoilers" about it - it's fun for you, veteran player, to find out how it works.

However not all players have pristine mountain backpacks on their backs with a pack of protector cases to carry a ton of "fun" items and experiment with them. The most common backpack currently is 5x5 and you will pack it with essential survival items very quickly, leaving no space for items which purpose is unclear or unknown.

Please don't blame players for not experimenting with items if game outright discourages them to do so.

I do agree that detailed description is not needed, but at least some hints on how to use item properly should present.

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Like 1