cohen (DayZ)

On a budget, What would it take for me to play dayz at good fps.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 dual-core 3.2ghz

GPU: MSI(nividia) NX8400gs

MotherBoard: MSI G31TM-P21

RAM: Un-buffered 4GB ddr2 at 800mghz (2x2)

Is there anyway of play the standalone at atleast good fps without breaking the bank; the Less money spent the better Haha. (less then 200$; i can raise the limit. I don't need all the shinny shit since i'm not a hardcore gamer, but atleast play around 30fps in citys would be nice)

Thank you.

Edited by cohen

Just save up $1000 and build a decent PC or move onto console gaming.

That's what i'm going to be doing, i just want to see what i can do with this thing untill then, because a new pc is still a bit aways. xD out of work so 1000 is steep for me right now xD 

Just save up $1000 and build a decent PC or move onto console gaming.

Why is everything you say on every post completely unhelpful or simply rude.

Though I think it is time to get a whole new PC, you're going to be spending quite a bit if you want DayZ to run a lot better and why not throw a couple hundred ontop of that and get yourself a whole new rig? No need to spend a whole grand though.

Edited by Plexico
  • Like 2

Your budget is a little too restrictive I think.  Especially, since DayZ is not fully optimized yet.

What would it take for you to run DayZ with solid FPS?

Some severe optimization on their end.

• Like 3

Why is everything you say on every post completely unhelpful or simply rude.

Why are you telling lies?  You are the unhelpful and rude one who his spreading lies.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!

What he said.

SSD makes my game run smoother (not more FPS)

I spend 800-1000 on my computers then upgrade them until my motherboard can't handle the new stuff.

Really though you should just go to TomsHardware or some computer site to get that kind of help.  Maybe check if newEgg has a nice prebuilt.

• Like 1

Honestly even if they got the game up to battlefield 3 in terms of optimization then his rig will still struggle. Getting a whole new PC seems like the most logical thing to do, $200 isn't going to get him anywhere in upgrading terms.

Sorry to tell you guys, standalone will never run better, there is no magic trick how they can improve fps in future.

Engine is so bad.

Is there anyway of play the standalone at atleast good fps without breaking the bank; the Less money spent the better Haha. (less then 200$; i can raise the limit. I don't need all the shinny shit since i'm not a hardcore gamer, but atleast play around 30fps in citys would be nice)

Thank you.

I get pretty decent *FPS, but I also built one hell of a computer.  You might want to investigate what budget you might fit into with different aspects of building your own PC.

Me:

Windows 7 64bit

Mother Board: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

CPU: AM3+ 6core (FX6300)

RAM: 32GB DDR3 Corsair (yes, excessive - but used for some video production/RAM disk etc)

2TB HDD with 500GB SSD

PSU: 850w

GPU: MSI Radeon  R9 280x (good luck finding these cards cuz of crypto currency mining, but if you do the price is jacked up 150-200%)

*Note: FPS is cities completely suck, even on my rig.  That isn't your computers fault, but non-ironed out issues the development team faces before going retail.

There's plenty of tweaks you can make on your existing system. I did these and it made a huge difference.

1) Go to your Steam account, right click on DayZ and go to Properties and then Set Launch Options The links below will explain the command string you can add. Mine looks like this: -nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=2 -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=2 The exact string phrasing will depend on your system specs.

2) Turn off your in-game notifications for Steam.

3) In-game Config tweaks

4) Find your computer DayZ files and lower the numbers in Notepad and save... Example, the view distance number. I think the default is 300000. I set mine to half that. It'll make trees in the distance look blocky but it's better than low FPS, right? But try to see how that's done online and follow the recommendations. The links below should give more advice.

5) Before you play the game, log in and then hit ctrl/alt/delete and bring up the Task Manager. Go to Processes and change the Normal setting to High. This will focus all your system's RAM on running the game. This seems to reset whenever you log out of DayZ.

Like I said, these links will walk you through the process.

Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_yuLy_03U

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

http://www.bonejunkie.com/dayz-standalone/how-to-increase-fps-in-dayz-standalone-alpha/

Edited by tarascon

Thank you.

probably not for $200 :(

^ Thank you.

I felt bad that the guy wasn't getting his relevant and basic OP answered.

Thank you.

Your cpu+gpu are 7+ years old budget parts, not meant for gaming, upgrading any single part of your system will not help.

Back in the day, this pc would be too slow to play new games at mid/high settings..

So basicly you need to get a new cpu+motherboard+memory+gfx, and possibly a powersupply to match..

On the bright side, you can probably fit the lot in your current case..

I dont mean to ruin your mood, but im just being realistic

Also, getting 30+ fps in svetlo is hard, even with the shiny bits in my signature..

Edited by mosibfu