tarascon

Bounty on Brad

I'm new here and I don't intend to spam you good folks with a bunch of new topics but I did want to add this.

If any of you know who theradbrad is, you might find this interesting and hilarious.

He's been uploading his DayZ SA experience and I think he hasn't got a clue about the game because he's got two bodyguards who're babysitting him. I like him but, from the get-go, he's been coddled and is not really getting the point of the game. That said, a bunch of folks are out to get him. I found out yesterday that someone's opened a Bitcoin account offering a bounty to whomever can find him and capture/torture/kill his avatar. He found out that he can change his name (which he did) but he's such a spazz that, in the last upload, he tapped "P" and showed the online name list of the three players on (they were in a server with 3/40). Then he comments on his buddy's in-game names. I paused the clip and could see what he calls himself now. Dumb.

Like I said, I like the guy and watch his other walkthroughs, but he should be KOS. If only so he can find out how hard surviving can & should be.

My question: Should theradbrad be assassinated?

• Like 5

yes. please link his YouTube and twitch account

Edited by s32ialx

Yeah i watch brad too, then i buy dayz to try out. Now it irks me how much of nub he still is. But i'm not sure KOS is the way, he'll just meet up with noble again as new spawn.

Edited by Gekikara

Haha i dont think its pointless, its pointing out a public figure who has yet to be....inducted into the dayz family correctly. 

Lets get this done hhaha ;D -Beans! 

• Like 1

The OP is a real douche. What gives you the right to call him out, even worse, call for an open bounty on him? He's playing the game and making a dialogue about it without chastising, insulting, or berating others. His play style is HIS businesses and you have no right to judge or ridicule it. What we should do is take a bounty out on your nosey ass and hunt you over and over, mercilessly just to laugh at you.

• Like 1

The OP is a real douche. What gives you the right to call him out, even worse, call for an open bounty on him? He's playing the game and making a dialogue about it without chastising, insulting, or berating others. His play style is HIS businesses and you have no right to judge or ridicule it. What we should do is take a bounty out on your nosey ass and hunt you over and over, mercilessly just to laugh at you.

pointless post is postless...

• Like 1

Bounties can make this game even more fun

Edited by WooTs
  • Like 1

Hypocrite much?
  • Like 1

OP is perfectly within his rights to put out a hit on this player. I think it's a compelling meta-game element.

• Like 5

I'm new here and I don't intend to spam you good folks with a bunch of new topics but I did want to add this.

If any of you know who theradbrad is, you might find this interesting and hilarious.

He's been uploading his DayZ SA experience and I think he hasn't got a clue about the game because he's got two bodyguards who're babysitting him. I like him but, from the get-go, he's been coddled and is not really getting the point of the game. That said, a bunch of folks are out to get him. I found out yesterday that someone's opened a Bitcoin account offering a bounty to whomever can find him and capture/torture/kill his avatar. He found out that he can change his name (which he did) but he's such a spazz that, in the last upload, he tapped "P" and showed the online name list of the three players on (they were in a server with 3/40). Then he comments on his buddy's in-game names. I paused the clip and could see what he calls himself now. Dumb.

Like I said, I like the guy and watch his other walkthroughs, but he should be KOS. If only so he can find out how hard surviving can & should be.

My question: Should theradbrad be assassinated?

I mean really? Cant you just like, you know... get a life and play the game without caring about some streamer? 

Im sorry If Im offensive, but its just a little bit much the length you're going to here. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Really? What are you, like 15 years old?

Why are you so angry? :huh:

Go reread my OP. I'm not calling him out--I'm just commenting on a very strange fact. I'm not the guy who set the bounty nor am I asking people to "kill" him. Yes, his play style is his business but I do have a right to my opinion on it. I happen to think he needs to start over so he can experience the same harsh realities we all have and will face in the game.

I mean really? Cant you just like, you know... get a life and play the game without caring about some streamer? 

Im sorry If Im offensive, but its just a little bit much the length you're going to here. 

I don't think you're being offensive. You're just voicing your opinion. :) At least, you didn't call me a douche. lol

I don't really care about "some streamer"... the way I see it is that I'm reporting an interesting turn of events.

TheRadBrad must die. (in-game that is, I somewhat enjoy his videos)

Edited by Leo Balzac

I like douches. Nothing quite like a fresh twot... well, that and a fireman's axe.

Just a fresh twot... And a fireman's axe.

The fresh twot and the fireman's axe and that's all I need... And this canteen.

The fresh twot, the fireman's axe, and the canteen, and that's all I need... and these beans.

The fresh twot, and these beans, and the canteen, and the fireman's axe... and this flashlight.

The fresh twot, this fireman's axe, and the canteen, and the flashlight, and that's all I need.\

And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this.

The fireman's axe and the kvass, and the canteen, and the beans for sure.

Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something!

And this. That's all I need.

• Like 1

^ You made me laugh.

TheRadBrad must die. (in-game that is, I somewhat enjoy his videos)

Yes, like I mentioned 2x in my OP, I like the guy and enjoy his uploads (I started watching him with The Last of Us). I just happen to think that he doesn't quite experience DayZ in the same way as the rest of us... his game pals are inadvertently crippling his experience.

I intend to write a book about some of the weird stuff in MMO's. Sociologically, I find it fascinating. EXAMPLE: I played LOTRO for quite a while and at one point I had a player who stalked my Elve toon. He thought my avatar was sexy. Sheesh! How does that even work? All Elvish toons look the same... I was patient with him and tried to explain game etiquette but he was persistent. If "he" was even a male in RL.

I see the bounty on Brad in the same light; it's an interesting meta-game development. That's really the point of the thread.

On a side note, it's never been my style to flame people on forums and I feel a little bad about my response to Sistanas. Still, I'm sticking to my guns and will not endure being flamed for my opinions.

This place needs a bounty page.

whats the point of that if you can just change your IGN indefinitely

This place needs a bounty page.

Yea because you totally can't change your in-game name when you want to.

Trolls will be trolls unfortunately and as usual there are always haters. I am sure some group will hound him and kill him enough so that he stops posting Dayz content on youtube. Which is sad because the more Dayz players the bigger and better the community.  

Yea because you totally can't change your in-game name when you want to.

Bah, are you trying to be rational, on the DayZ Forum? I won't STAND for this!

Trolls will be trolls unfortunately and as usual there are always haters. I am sure some group will hound him and kill him enough so that he stops posting Dayz content on youtube. Which is sad because the more Dayz players the bigger and better the community.  

Agreed. And I also don't want to see Brad stop uploading his DayZ stuff.

OP is perfectly within his rights to put out a hit on this player. I think it's a compelling meta-game element.

It is compelling and I thank you for supporting my rights to an opinion but I just want to clarify that I didn't want to make my OP sound like I'm calling out a hit on him. Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing him taken out but I wouldn't do that myself. And I'd hate to see Brad's game spoiled by being specifically targeted. I'd really hate to see the guy go. I may be contradicting myself but I do like the concept of a bounty (like on an especially egregious serial killer bandit).

I just wanted to hear what folks thought of this development.

• Like 1

other a3/a2 dayz forums have a bounty section...i think that would be fucking brilliant.

separate section for bounties!

could also help settle forum disputes!