Sign in to follow this  
mcmack2223

What's with my FPS?

What's up Dayz Forum! I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section but here it goes. I watched many Dayz videos for awhile, and really really wanted the game. Today I finally got it after having to wait what seemed forever. I thought I would load the game up, find my friend, and before you know it we'd be out sniping people on the air field from the trees having loads of fun. Apparently not. I don't know how to tell what my FPS is in game, but I would guess it's around 1-8 FPS. When I look at the ground and sprint, I'm perfectly fine, and go at a pretty great FPS. I tried turning everything to low, but it still does not help. I don't know how to find all my computer specs(unless these are all of them) to show you guys, but I've got the pretty basic ones. My computer runs WoW completely fine, although it's 3 years old now, so it's not in it's prime. 

My computer specs are 

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700  @3.00GHz

RAM: 4gb

System type: 64-bit Operatig System

I get pretty good FPS on WoW in windowed, so I tried turning my game to windowed, and it was just as bad. If someone could help me out, I would love you forever <3 

if we consider, that you use hardware with a pre-war-cpu WITHOUT a gfxcard.. i think 1-8 fps are quite nice

Edited by dawud
  • Like 2

Dont compare wow with dayz, wow is an old game, dayz final is not even released yet. The game is heavy.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078#-1

Be sure to use the quide and set these as low as you desire for more performance, about all you can do.

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1400;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;
terrainGrid=3.125;

What's up Dayz Forum! I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section but here it goes. I watched many Dayz videos for awhile, and really really wanted the game. Today I finally got it after having to wait what seemed forever. I thought I would load the game up, find my friend, and before you know it we'd be out sniping people on the air field from the trees having loads of fun. Apparently not. I don't know how to tell what my FPS is in game, but I would guess it's around 1-8 FPS. When I look at the ground and sprint, I'm perfectly fine, and go at a pretty great FPS. I tried turning everything to low, but it still does not help. I don't know how to find all my computer specs(unless these are all of them) to show you guys, but I've got the pretty basic ones. My computer runs WoW completely fine, although it's 3 years old now, so it's not in it's prime. 

My computer specs are 

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700  @3.00GHz

RAM: 4gb

System type: 64-bit Operatig System

I get pretty good FPS on WoW in windowed, so I tried turning my game to windowed, and it was just as bad. If someone could help me out, I would love you forever <3 

Even with full optimization on your end... even with full optimization when the games complete, I don't think you'll be able to pull off a positive gaming experience with that on DayZ.

I just built a system including a SSD, 2x GTX 760 ftw 4gb, and an i7 haswell 4770K at 3.5 stock.

In cities with a group of 10+ people I get between 40 and 70 FPS, alone in the woods I get 150 sometimes even up to 170 on max graphics all around. Maybe that'll give you an idea how of this game plays right now lol.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't think I'd be able to get any better FPS. Oh well, I guess I'll buy a new computer in a few monthes.

if we consider, that you use hardware with a pre-war-cpu WITHOUT a gfxcard.. i think 1-8 fps are quite nice

I don't even know what this means, lol. What is a pre-war-cpu without a gfxcard?

Is that suppose to be an insulting joke?-.-

Yeah I didn't think I'd be able to get any better FPS. Oh well, I guess I'll buy a new computer in a few monthes.

I don't even know what this means, lol. What is a pre-war-cpu without a gfxcard?

Is that suppose to be an insulting joke?-.-

He was calling your PC old, and commenting on the fact that you don't have any sort of graphics card installed at all.

Even with full optimization on your end... even with full optimization when the games complete, I don't think you'll be able to pull off a positive gaming experience with that on DayZ.

I just built a system including a SSD, 2x GTX 760 ftw 4gb, and an i7 haswell 4770K at 3.5 stock.

In cities with a group of 10+ people I get between 40 and 70 FPS, alone in the woods I get 150 sometimes even up to 170 on max graphics all around. Maybe that'll give you an idea how of this game plays right now lol.

40 minimum?

lol k

• Like 1