Sign in to follow this  
mooky32

I haven't slept in 2 days after this event. HELP!

Hi All,

This is brutal, please assist in any way shape or form you can. I simply cannot take another sleepless night. My life is being impacted by this and its causing me real life stress.

Ok so Itchy was at the doctor's getting a scrotal rash looked at, so I am in Elektro solo. Did a quick scout of the tech building and spotted a cheeky little SKS and some ammo on the top floor. So I am kneeling down and sort my inventory out, I literally just got finished and this little chap appeared suddenly in the door way and said "Hi,  friendly Buddy!" over direct voice.

I got a major fright and just about passed a malteser! Panic reaction and my finger hits the left mouse button. Half a clip of SKS into his upper body and the poor new spawn was on his back pissing blood garden sprinkler style over the general area.

"NNNNNNnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" I shouted in voice comms.

"Sorry mate, for the love of God, sorry. It was a mistake, I just got a fright and mis-clicked"

I stayed with his body, hoping the player would return, so at least I could give him all of my clothes, pack, ammo, guns and most of all a huge apology.

He didn't appear, :-(

Community, was this acceptable behaviour? What will be the consequences for me as a person? What would you have done in the same circumstance?

I took a digital life, I really feel like my morale compass is all over the place. I just don't understand where my head is at right now.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated, thanks folks...

Mooky.

Edited by mooky32
  • Like 10

Yes.

Won't be the last. Had he had a gun you'd be here in fright of being killed on sight ( like many unicorn babies crying big bad wolf kos ).

At least you understand that the "fright and shoot" kept you alive.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

First of all, I really hope your scrotum is okay.

Second: Electro is a deathzone, I can understand your reaction. I avoid the city completely, but if I was forced for some reason to be in Electro I would avoid -everyone-.   If the sudden tense of the situation made you shoot, unfortunately killing a possible friendly person, so be it. 

I stay away from Electro, Cherno, Balota. Worked out so far, I think I'm 20 hours or something on my current char.

• Like 2

I have to know... Was the scrotal rash treatable? IS HE OKAY?!

Thanks for the kind concern Face, I will get Itchy to respond to that as I don't want to make asperations about the condition of his bollocks prematurely.

First of all, I really hope your scrotum is okay.

Second: Electro is a deathzone, I can understand your reaction. I avoid the city completely, but if I was forced for some reason to be in Electro I would avoid -everyone-.   If the sudden tense of the situation made you shoot, unfortunately killing a possible friendly person, so be it. 

I stay away from Electro, Cherno, Balota. Worked out so far, I think I'm 20 hours or something on my current char.

Thanks for advice buddy, it was my friend's sack that was having issue, mine is ok to my knowledge.

I will take on-board the Elektro inside knowledge. I had my suspicions of danger after we paraded up and down the main streets there playing "Don't worry be happy" at top volume through the direct voice comms. This attracted what I can only describe as - a fucking mountain of sniper fire.

I am going back to stare of into the distance at the sea edge , considering what I did and the impact it had....

• Like 2

I thought you were the scrotum? ;)

But nice to see some high class trolling again here...you should have resurrected your other thread...the 1 shot 2 headshot thing...the comments there were too awesome XD

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

You regret what you did and this is, at least in my humble opinion, a good thing.

You are a person with the heart in the right place.

You will find salvation, I promiss!

Don't become a cold blooded weirdo who only brings missery to anyone.

I really love DayZ for all it has, even the KOSers!

Because, without them much of the adrenaline rush would just vanish and sometimes one just overreacts...

Killed 2 of my buddies.

Shot them with my .357 in the back of their heads, because I was so upset that they just ended the life of a stranger who was no harm to us while I was talking to him.

They just blasted some rounds into him without any reason, except of his gear. They just killed him ...

I regret what I did and it does feel bad how I took their lives, but I thought I needed to be consequent.

I told them not to harm anyone for no reason while I was around and they didn't listen.

I thought you were the scrotum? ;)

But nice to see some high class trolling again here...you should have resurrected your other thread...the 1 shot 2 headshot thing...the comments there were too awesome XD

Mate this is morale dilemma, honestly! Please treat it with the seriousness it deserves. I can't stay up for another night straight. For one thing the wife is fed up of me pestering her for sex.

Muahahahahaah ... everyone in my office is looking at me funny.

Dude ... your sense of humour rocks. No sleepless nights allowed, it was an accident, you feel bad, you apologised ... move on.

BTW ... is your friends rash better?

• Like 1

Why do people feel guilt in this game? It's laughable at best and that's being kind. The person you killed didn't die IRL, they re-spawned and carried on playing most likely. You didn't affect his life in the slightest and IF you did that's his fault for being so pathetic.

It's not like you did anything wrong in anyone eyes and definitely nothing that he wouldn't have done to you if he was armed better.

Guilt in games ffs, what has this world turned into? Kids losing their grip on reality IMO.

Edited by TheWanderingMan

Why do people feel guilt in this game? It's laughable at best and that's being kind. The person you killed didn't die IRL, they re-spawned and carried on playing most likely. You didn't affect his life in the slightest and IF you did that's his fault for being so pathetic.

It's not like you did anything wrong in anyone eyes and definitely nothing that he wouldn't have done to you if he was armed better.

Guilt in games ffs, what has this world turned into? Kids losing their grip on reality IMO.

I don't want to be rude, but:

This game is more about moral choices than you probably could ever understand.

And you good sir, seem not to understand this at all!

• Like 2

The other player should have showed him self and then hid himself again as to not give you such a fright and allow youtime to gather your thoughts. If you had not have spotted him he probably would have tried to knock you out anyway

It's not like you did anything wrong in the slightest and definitely nothing that he wouldn't have done to you if he was armed better.

You have made me feel a bit silly now! I just felt that perhaps that young man (or lady, he was playing a man but it might have been a lady playing a man, err anyway I digress) had become emotionally invested in that character. You know the sort of thing, he (or she) felt that this particularly character was a perfect expression of how they felt they wanted to live their life. Maybe no other character even if an exact digital copy enabled by hitting respawn, would do. This was the one for them and all they wanted to do was exude their real life Joie de Vivre through this character.

AND THEN

A beast , an ignorant fool like me pulls a trigger and ends it  - RIGHT THERE RIGHT THEN!

Taking all of this into account, how do you feel now? Would you still be guilt free. I doubt it mate, I serioulsy doubt it.....

• Like 3

The other player should have showed him self and then hid himself again as to not give you such a fright and allow youtime to gather your thoughts. If you had not have spotted him he probably would have tried to knock you out anyway

If I see someone and he suddenly disappears after he recognized I saw him, I tend to get even more paranoid.

Especially when I am in a room with only one exit ...

Mooky, I know a bit of that. First time I killed a guy in DayZ (this was in the early days of the mod) was just a panic kill, he wasn't actually threatening me. I came up some stairs and saw the guy there, totally freaked when I realised he wasn't the mate I was playing with, and fired half a clip before I realised he'd started yelling he was friendly.

I talked to him after I'd killed him and apologised and he said he understood but I still felt like an asshole for a few days. I know there's plenty of people who laugh it up when they kill someone, but not me (unless it's an actual bandit, then it's party time).

So my conclusion to that was to play a lot more cautiously. If I KNOW I'm under threat I will fire, but I give people the benefit of the doubt a lot more now. I'll also go out of my way to help others in the game a lot more.

Help out someone next time you play the game I guess, that and know that this is DayZ, even with the best of intentions, sometimes shit does happen. Just don't let it make you an asshole. ;)

• Like 2

My most sincere apolgies, I did not see the dilemma as it was.

There are only 2 options for you:

1) Go to the church in Novy Sobor and pray until rocket himself descends from the sky like...well...a reverse rocket. He will give you absolute absolution. Or absolute vodka. Depends.

2) Run without pants but 2 guns through electro in a full server (100 slots preferred) and blast "wrecking ball" through direct chat. Repeat this 10-15 times per day.

For one thing the wife is fed up of me pestering her for sex.

Well...don't pester? Just blow her up as usual :)

I don't want to be rude, but:

This game is more about moral choices than you probably could ever understand.

And you good sir, seem not to understand this at all!

I understand the choices this game offers, shoot at that player or be shot yourself.

Hardly something to feel guilt over is it?

Plus is killing a character in a game a moral choice to make? Of course it isn't because it has no bearing on real in the slightest.

Of course I understand what real guilt is and I don't KOS in game, just do not understand why people take it so seriously.

Mooky, I know a bit of that. First time I killed a guy in DayZ (this was in the early days of the mod) was just a panic kill, he wasn't actually threatening me. I came up some stairs and saw the guy there, totally freaked when I realised he wasn't the mate I was playing with, and fired half a clip before I realised he'd started yelling he was friendly.

I talked to him after I'd killed him and apologised and he said he understood but I still felt like an asshole for a few days. I know there's plenty of people who laugh it up when they kill someone, but not me (unless it's an actual bandit, then it's party time).

So my conclusion to that was to play a lot more cautiously. If I KNOW I'm under threat I will fire, but I give people the benefit of the doubt a lot more now. I'll also go out of my way to help others in the game a lot more.

Help out someone next time you play the game I guess, that and know that this is DayZ, even with the best of intentions, sometimes shit does happen. Just don't let it make you an asshole. ;)

Thanks bro, this forum therapy is helping more than you could know.

That player was maybe thinking, 'hell yeah, life is good, gonna make me some online friends today, I am going to be fundamentally a GOOD PERSON'

To have that RIPPED from his life by some trigger happy guy, with admittedly good looks and a winning personality. All of that snuffed out. He may have kicked his dog after that, his illusions shattered by an unthinking fool (with an MBA).

Beware the ides of March Mooky, karma calls for such as you.

I still feel the pain, like a shard of glass has penetrated my icy heart.

My most sincere apolgies, I did not see the dilemma as it was.

There are only 2 options for you:

1) Go to the church in Novy Sobor and pray until rocket himself descends from the sky like...well...a reverse rocket. He will give you absolute absolution. Or absolute vodka. Depends.

2) Run without pants but 2 guns through electro in a full server (100 slots preferred) and blast "wrecking ball" through direct chat. Repeat this 10-15 times per day.

Well...don't pester? Just blow her up as usual :)

Oh I had to add mate, no revive of the old thread as I will let it grow to a fine vintage on its own right.

Also you get the RIGHT BORING PRICKS on your back. You know the ones with 2000+ forum posts who have more chance of raising the titanic than raising a smile during any one of their miriade of god awful posts.

Generally the cut of these dude posts is so mind numbingly dull that deep root canal treatement would be preferable whilst being subjected to anal probing simultaneously.

They will  generally cut in with a "don't feed the troll" comment or something.

At that point they then tick a little box on their clipboard against - TASK 1: Add daily post to Dayz Forum in order to extend my "back catalogue"

At that point they then sit down and wank themselves off furioulsy whilst donning finger puppets.

• Like 1

OP just needs more experience in player to player interaction. That's all. Spend a few lives PVPing and the others walking fresh in Elektro not giving a fuck, just to meet people.

Op your a tard, it's just a game I kill players like it's going out of style. Coincidently I die often, that's dayz so get over it pussy.

OP just needs more experience in player to player interaction. That's all. Spend a few lives PVPing and the others walking fresh in Elektro not giving a fuck, just to meet people.

Op your a tard, it's just a game I kill players like it's going out of style. Coincidently I die often, that's dayz so get over it pussy.

Thanks guys I can see you are both pretty perceptive and naturally have the edge of experience over me. You maybe just pick up things a little better and can see through an ambush, ruse or piss take for instance.

I will try hard not be a pussy xRyan99. I am determined to be more of a cock. Let me know how I am doing.

• Like 1