Sign in to follow this  
arturkanx

No Zombies

At the moment zombies is annoying - zero threat and there a lot of things which need to be taken to fix it and make it fun....But question do we really need em so badly.. 

Zombies will eats servers performance so swapping em whit some kinda better stuff in game would be much more lovely instead working on them so badly...Like temperature which is incoming and i think its more kinda survival threat which aint eat performance..

So my suggestion is simply. Remove zombies focus on other stuff dont waste time on em cause it will consume so much work to make it fun to play.

P.S.

I just think without zombies now could server handle 120 players per server? :)

• Like 1

I tried the Experimental build the other day. The zombies there are much scarier than on the regular build, and there are lots more of them. Only need respawnable loot..

Taking the zombies away from DayZ would remove one of the biggest aspects of the game. There are other survival games out there without zombies, if you don't want them.

• Like 3

I tried the Experimental build the other day. The zombies there are much scarier than on the regular build, and there are lots more of them. Only need respawnable loot..

Taking the zombies away from DayZ would remove one of the biggest aspects of the game. There are other survival games out there without zombies, if you don't want them.

this! hes 100% right :)

It's not like "zombies are weak, let's remove them" but rather "zombies are weak, let's enhance and multiply them". They are to become one of the main threats. And don't worry about performance, it will be handled for sure

• Like 1

At the moment zombies is annoying - zero threat and there a lot of things which need to be taken to fix it and make it fun....But question do we really need em so badly.. 

Zombies will eats servers performance so swapping em whit some kinda better stuff in game would be much more lovely instead working on them so badly...Like temperature which is incoming and i think its more kinda survival threat which aint eat performance..

So my suggestion is simply. Remove zombies focus on other stuff dont waste time on em cause it will consume so much work to make it fun to play.

P.S.

How are the devs gonna fix the zeds if they dont know whats wrong with them? And how are they gonna test solutions and chances they come up with, without zeds been ingame? 1,5 mill testers is a bit more then the devteam.... This is the whole point of an alpha....(sorry)

Classic Shit Post.  Here is your reward:

Repost.+man+I+can+t+stop+laughing+the+gu

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah, let's get rid of zombies and change the name to Day! And then we can add gardens, so I can grow flowers. Can't do that currently because those pesky zombies would tromp all over my azaleas.

Hahahaha as a vet (subjective, 600hours) of the mod i LOVE watching posts like these from people who only JUST bought the game. 

I am honestly shaking im so excited for weather and sickness to kill people, for zombies to get Viral and multiply by 10x, for them to break legs and infect people. I want the butthurt SO BADLY we will be absolutely flooded by posts saying "Holy shit wtf zeds are killing my sq-...." and "OMGIMONFIREHELP!!!" I want this game to get its old reputation back. 

"Unreasonably cruel at best" <-- This is my story, this is the dayz I am patiently stalking the north for. 

• Like 3

Yeah, yeah, let's get rid of zombies and change the name to Day! And then we can add gardens, so I can grow flowers. Can't do that currently because those pesky zombies would tromp all over my azaleas.

Not azaleas, daisies.

Then the game would just be called "Day"

No way.  The Zeds are what is the big seller here, this game wouldn't be as popular as it is if it wasn't a survival game based around "the infected."  Give the developers a chance here, they are working on solutions - I read they are working on 10K plus zombie populations.  Personally I hope they put it way above that, hundreds of thousands - especially in cities.  This isn't just another PVP KoS game, when the zombies are finished - the lone wolf will die.  I currently play a lone wolf, running about the country side - but if I attract a horde of zombies, or walk into one - I know my guy is fucked once that gets implemented... and you know what?  I can't wait.

P.S.

Are you high? are you seriously, actually high? Go back to CoD.

Zombies need to be improved, not outright removed. This is an alpha where things need to be worked on and so we move forward. The alpha is not for major game features to be added and then removed.

This singular post is one of the stupidest things I've seen on the forums ever, and a good reason as to why the forums aren't taken as seriously as Reddit AMAs and shit.

Edited by bobotype3334

What killed the human race then? a flu? nuclear war? NO, zombies did :) I love me some zombies, and I want better zombies, zombies wiped out the human race right? They need to be way more intense, which they will. Hopefully...

Edited by Dusty_

Are you high? are you seriously, actually high? Go back to CoD.

Zombies need to be improved, not outright removed. This is an alpha where things need to be worked on and so we move forward. The alpha is not for major game features to be added and then removed.

This singular post is one of the stupidest things I've seen on the forums ever, and a good reason as to why the forums aren't taken as seriously as Reddit AMAs and shit.

I just wanna say bobo the guy that said "this 100% " was AGAINST the original posters idea , not for it so get your quotes right before you make people look like fools . And yes graveyard please no zombies in dayz ? Get real I'm seriously offended lawl

Zombies will eats servers performance so swapping em whit some kinda better stuff in game would be much more lovely instead working on them so badly...Like temperature which is incoming and i think its more kinda survival threat whicFUCKED UP YA SHIT OLD CUNTh aint eat performance..

P.S.

I just think without zomb

I just wanna say bobo the guy that said "this 100% " was AGAINST the original posters idea , not for it so get your quotes right before you make people look like fools . And yes graveyard please no zombies in dayz ? Get real I'm seriously offended lawl

Yeah sorry bud, lesson learned. I took his quote to be a quote of OP. I'll edit.

Yeah, just to echo what everyone else has said, no, The experimental has actually become rather challenging unless you have the fire axe, I'm decent at handling the infected.  I have no issue punching one out but now I've been having minor issues looting a town its no longer off a few infected and prance around like it's a tropical holiday I have to stay on my toes and initially I when thru a ton of bandages from dealing with infected the "old" way.

When they reinstate the infection mechanic it's going to make things increasingly difficult.

Edited by Window Licker