Sign in to follow this  
hypermoon

So what is the perfect multiplayer game Dean envisions?

So recently Dean said that Day Z was fundamentally flawed. I'm assuming he's talking about the limitations of the engine.

But has he ever discussed what he thinks the perfect multiplier game could be? What would make a game the perfect multiplayer game.

That's like asking "What do you put into the perfect sandwich?" as I'll post "Bacon" and that odd lot from Down Under will shout "Vegemite!"...

Oculus VR + Virtuix's virtual reality treadmill for full out experience of the game!

Edited by Chauz

I doubt we will ever know. The problem with being a perfectionist is that you're never satisfied, I'm sure he'll make a bunch of great games in the future but I seriously doubt we'll ever see him say "yes, I did it, I made my perfect multiplayer game!!"

It's all about the eggs.

Anyway the reason I ask is because I assume he has something in mind already.

Edited by TripX7

So recently Dean said that Day Z was fundamentally flawed. I'm assuming he's talking about the limitations of the engine.

You assume wrong. Go read what he actually said and stop bringing your preconceived notions into this.

I just think the game is played the way he did not think it would be played...the experiment ended in a desaster and the only way players interact is via violence. He knows well that he did the same mistakes BIS did with their other games. Nice engine but the wrong one for the game and the wrong company size. Although they made millions i doubt they will be able to put the resources they have to good use.

Bacon multiplayer game.

Would you be offended if I borrowed your sig gif?

He hasn't answered that afaik, the only thing he said was: He will always find flaws and try to avoid them next time.

And "Dean said that Day Z was fundamentally flawed" is wrong if you take it out of context...but I won't start on this for the 50th time now.

So back 2 topic...if I had to take a guess:

A MMO-like-world (no servers just hives) without instances...all players on a hive are in the same world at the same time...size of the world enormous (let's say...russia? the whole world^^) and so authentic that it makes you believe it's real....maybe forces to use oculus rift and omni treadmill ;) ....a true survival game, maybe without zombies but with wild creatures...where the worst enemy is the environment (weather, climate, hunger etc.), no loot or animal respawning, server never get restarted...

Edited by LaughingJack

You assume wrong. Go read what he actually said and stop bringing your preconceived notions into this.

That's all the article said. I can't copy paste it for some reason but the article said that he said it can never be the ultimate muliplayer experiece with that spark in it.

That's all it says. So what am i missing *bows down

Edited by TripX7

That's all the article said. I can't copy paste it for some reason but the article said that he said it can never be the ultimate muliplayer experiece with that spark in it.

That's all it says. So what am i missing *bows down

"I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept,"

There is no mention of the engine. There can be no mention of the engine, because he said concept, and the concept is the same no matter what engine you use.

Once you understand it's the concept that he thinks is flawed, you understand his attitude better. It's not that he can do a better DayZ, it's that he can make a better game that's not DayZ.