Sign in to follow this  
EthanHD

Fall damage.

So after another long night on DayZ with my friend looking for improvements etc, one thing I did come across which needs some attention is the damage you receive from falls, cause after about 2 hours of crossing the map, looting, defeating the odd group of bandits, we ended up in a barn looking for a compass, and I fell of the stairs while I was half way up, and upon landing was greeted with the joyous message of 'You are dead', which is just way to annoying, if I'd somehow fallen from the top floor to the bottom then fair enough but a simple 4 meter drop leading to death is stupid, should just be a splint required at the most, so I've now lost pretty much everything apart from what my friend could pick up (which was next to nothing anyway). But yeah, these needs some attention.

• Like 3

I know what you mean mang , I've done this several times but it seems like this new fall damage happened after one of the last patches , regardless it isn't where it used to be cuz now all 6-8 foot drops will kill your character(unless your lucky) also falling from things like the deer stands kill you as well , just about the same height but c'mon I've fallen out of trees two times higher than the farm stand staircase an lived with no broken bones haha .

This just happened to me in experimental.

Obviously I know they are going to introduce physics later on but it would be great to be able to fall from 6 feet and buckle your knees and roll and not just fall and die. 

Well, a fall from 4m can definitely kill you irl. That's about the equivalent of falling off the roof of a normal house. Very easy to kill yourself if you land wrong, but I'm pretty sure you didn't fall that far. More like 6ft off those stairs (if I'm thinking of the same ones you are). Doubtful you'd die from a 6ft fall but you could break your leg pretty easily.

But the fall damage is screwed I agree. I've broken my legs dropping 1ft, died dropping 6ft (like you), and survived falling 6 or 7 meters (20ft) off a roof without so much as a scratch...  :huh:

Edited by Nicko2580