Sign in to follow this  
paradogz

[Nvidia Users] A possible fix for Dayz crash to desktop

Hello guyz

Got a possible fix for the random crashes that I was experiencing, looking like that :

11583d1353426294-display-driver-stopped-

Or simply reducing the game, the sound still working.

So I've realised that this happened since I updated my Nvidia drivers, the 334.89 version.

After that, the game was crashing everyday, every 2 hours or so.

I've rolled back to 332.21, and after a whole day, nothing. Not a single crash.

I would suggest people experiencing crash to desktop on Nvidia cards to try out this.

2z0Md1J.jpg

Cheers, have fun guyz, hope this will help.

• Like 1

Nope, I'm using 334.89 and not getting driver hangs. I however don't have any of the other "bloat" installed i.e geforce experience, physx, 3d drivers etc etc.

• Like 1

in wich build did u expierence those crashes?

as for me, using 650 Ti BOOST (332.21) on the latest experimental build i experience random crashes sometimes after 2h sometimes after 8h.

Dayz freeze until i kill the process.

someone?

I have been using 334.89 with a GTX 580 and a GTX 760 and haven't had this issue. I'm not saying the issue doesn't exist, just that if people continue to have it despite rolling back the driver then it's very likely that something else is to blame. I did used to get this driver crash a lot back when I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

I however don't have any of the other "bloat" installed i.e geforce experience, physx, 3d drivers etc etc.

I do, I'm lazy and did express install. :blush: But that's good news, it might not be those causing the hang either.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

Sorry, this is for a GTX570 TF3. Really worked for me;

I too got rid of the bloatwares, not sure they had to do something with thoses crashes.

Edited by paradogz

Can you explain how to do this for someone who's a pc newbie. I get that message and its happened at some crucial times.

titan with all the bloatware lol ( more even i use 3dtvplay hey i like to play in 3d on my 65 inch led tv) using 334. no problems thus far and i am cranking out 3 to 4 hour sessions in 3d...( yes dont tell me 780 can out perform it yeah sure not in 3d it cant..

CB-151111.JPG

Just keep "Graphics Drivers" and "Nvidia HD Audio" and "PhysX"

• Like 1

Well i had those crashes every few hours too (two weeks ago).

But since then not a single crash (i had a few bluescreens ;) because

of my graphic card,

btw. I did not change anything so maybe the devs allready fixed it.

Hello guyz

Got a possible fix for the random crashes that I was experiencing, looking like that :

11583d1353426294-display-driver-stopped-

Or simply reducing the game, the sound still working.

So I've realised that this happened since I updated my Nvidia drivers, the 334.89 version.

After that, the game was crashing everyday, every 2 hours or so.

I've rolled back to 332.21, and after a whole day, nothing. Not a single crash.

I would suggest people experiencing crash to desktop on Nvidia cards to try out this.

2z0Md1J.jpg

Cheers, have fun guyz, hope this will help.

I have a GEforce GTX 550 ti and a week after I purchased and played dayZ SA i also updated my NVIDIA drivers (V334.89) Suddenly BOOOM at least twice a day, crashes, blue screen of death, insta computer safety shutdown and restart. After finding this post I rolled back to the previous (311.06) and again, no problems, no crashes (at least not because of the GPU >.<) and im back to my long sessions w/ the occational loss of connection/KOS.

If you dont want to go through the trouble of installing the NVIDIA software(not drivers but "Nvidia GeForce experience" software, my card is older and half the options like shadowplay/3d arent even available or not supported by the games i play), you can use the device monitor and windows to roll back your drivers if you recently updated them. Simply type "Device Monitor" into the windows start menu search bar, open the monitor, expand the \display adapters menu (will display the name of your graphics card), right click\properties\drivers and the rollback-update will be displayed. It wont do anything fancy, the screen will pause for a min or two then bam, you are back to your old drivers again.

Thanks for the post Paradogz, thought i might be the only one.

Note: I also found Firefox was having a few issues with crashing as well. It is probably tied to how old my card is and the new drivers, but it ran fine before the driver update.

Edited by Smartsham

in wich build did u expierence those crashes?

as for me, using 650 Ti BOOST (332.21) on the latest experimental build i experience random crashes sometimes after 2h sometimes after 8h.

Dayz freeze until i kill the process.

someone?

That video card is known for being terrible. I went through three of them before giving up and putting a 670 into my wife's computer.

I have the same problem time to time and i'm using a ( wait for it ) Nividia 9800 lol - I'm sure I saw someone post a "flush" command solution about the CTD where you still have sound of the game. Dont think its driver related.