Maselko

Why is hardcore so underpopulated?

Seriously, firefights in hardcore are MUCH much better. In regular it's basically free wallhack for everyone. Especially in urban areas, if you are behind cover you automatically win as you can spot enemies but cannot be seen. This is really unfair, discuss?

Edited by Maselko
  • Like 7

Ever consider that not everyone sees DayZ as a military sim? ;3

• Like 8

Are you on experimental branch or stable?  Experimental servers are all busy and they are all hardcore.  

I think it might become more popular once new players start getting a feel for the game. Most people new to a game want every advantage they can get.

Are you on experimental branch or stable?  Experimental servers are all busy and they are all hardcore.  

Also this. ^ 

I play on the experimental hardcore servers when I play solo, because I enjoy it the most. When I am playing with friends though, we play on regular servers because they are new to the game and I'm trying to teach them the basics of the game and help them learn the map. Hopefully soon I will be playing on HC exp servers with my friends.

Edited by ChekovP

Hmmm where have I seen this discussion before?

I am starting to think we need stickies to all the dead horse topics.

Not saying OP's points aren't valid but new posts on it each day is getting really boring.

• Like 4

2 reasons. Some people think this game is an mmorpg and some need the ability to see around corners because it's cheap.

• Like 18

Because of if 3PP is like a free wall hack then Hardcore is like playing with blinders and a lobotomy.

Hardcore is less interesting and prone to just being a bunch of jerks. I have met all of 2 players who weren't there just to shoot people on the ARC hardcore server.  It is fun for what it is, but the lack of variety in player encounters makes it boring.

• Like 5

Because of if 3PP is like a free wall hack then Hardcore is like playing with blinders and a lobotomy.

Hardcore is less interesting and prone to just being a bunch of jerks. I have met all of 2 players who weren't there just to shoot people on the ARC hardcore server.  It is fun for what it is, but the lack of variety in player encounters makes it boring.

I've generally found most people on the hardcore servers to be generally nicer and less likely to shoot you for fun.

• Like 13

Because people like to look around corners and out doors to get the upper hand when camping. They don't want to actually have to try to kill you. They want it to be easy. Simple

• Like 9

That's strange I found the exact opposite, I've had way more positive interaction on hardcore servers. And I prefer hardcore just because I get much more immersed in the game, I know a lot of people don't like it because its "clunky" but I kinda like how it feels personally. Maybe it something I've gotten used to being an arma player.

• Like 7

That's strange I found the exact opposite, I've had way more positive interaction on hardcore servers. And I prefer hardcore just because I get much more immersed in the game, I know a lot of people don't like it because its "clunky" but I kinda like how it feels personally. Maybe it something I've gotten used to being an arma player.

Same here. Started a char on a hardcore server a couple of days ago and much prefer the overall gameplay and interaction compared to regular servers.

• Like 2

Discuss? The controls are so awkward and clumsy that I'm not playing HC mode until they do something about the controls, also I feel really limited when I play HC.

• Like 2

I think it might become more popular once new players start getting a feel for the game. Most people new to a game want every advantage they can get.

I started playing only on Regular servers with 3PP.  I think it helps a lot when trying to learn and understand the unique/frustrating Arma/DayZ control scheme, and just how your character responds to these controls.  Now that I have a really good understanding of controls and map, I play exclusively on hardcore.

I've generally found most people on the hardcore servers to be generally nicer and less likely to shoot you for fun.

I have also noticed this trend...

Also, 3PP makes for much nicer Selfies  ;p

• Like 1

the fact that skyrim sold a bajillion copies and dark souls didnt sell as many shows us that the majority of people like to play easier games

• Like 10

This is not a fact, I play on a regular Experimental server.

• Like 1

Because people like to look around corners and out doors to get the upper hand when camping. They don't want to actually have to try to kill you. They want it to be easy. Simple

There is nothing easier about Regular servers.  The advantages of being able to move without having people watch from behind walls is just as great as being able to look over walls.

I generally only play on the ARC server because here in the North Eastern United States, that is the only hardcore server that has more than 10 players at any given time.  The ARC server is a hive of scum and villainy.

• Like 1

Discuss? The controls are so awkward and clumsy that I'm not playing HC mode until they do something about the controls, also I feel really limited when I play HC.

The controls are the same in both branches and even 3PP doesn't change them. You can easily get used to them...if you find it in you to try.

exactly..

FPV in arma/Dayz is god awful..

i feel like half a Rtard stumbling into walls , clipping corners and basicly NOt enjoying my time at all..

not to mention the feling of queasyness that come on after a short time..

i played tons of FPS games and never get the same problems i do in Arma/Dayz... thers just something about this games engine that makes FPV suck ass..

no sale...

• Like 1

And turning head bob all the way down in the gameplay settings is very helpful for first person!

Not true. Only about 2 of the 4~6 servers in each geo-zone are Hardcore. The others are Regular. But you're right, they are all always packed!

Because first person plays like shit.

Also, saying that every person on regular servers uses 3pp to look over walls is moronic. Not everybody is a douche.

• Like 2

Seriously, firefights in hardcore are MUCH much better. In regular it's basically free wallhack for everyone. Especially in urban areas, if you are behind cover you automatically win as you can spot enemies but cannot be seen. This is really unfair, discuss?

That's called "the path of least resistance".

• Like 1

I personally find the hardcore experience more harrowing because it's easier to get snuck up on. I'm an incredibly paranoid sufferer of anxiety...Even so, the stress is astounding.
That said, I think the "hardcore" hives will be more meaningful when there is more to separate them from normal hives than just first person.
And..FOR SCIENCE..My own personal experiences are that I get shot at less on hardcore.

Although, right now I'm pretty indifferent. I just like having more than one character.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

. thers just something about this games engine that makes FPV suck ass..

Yeah. You don't float like in any other FPS. You have a virtual body that has to adhere to physics.

• Like 4