tamingatche91

Do you leave your morality at the door?

Rather than being insulting you could have brought an opposable view to the discussion not just a childish NO YOU...

Counter argue me don't just be insulting. I welcome your views.

Almost all the people you can find in the area I grew up in in my part of the USA are like this.

and yes they are undereducated which is probably why I left and they act like that.

If my input is crap yours is poison. Mine at least contained content.

The KOS guy that started this thread is a great person to have in a game like this.

You are the tyrant that would try to make us all believe like you do in real life if this game was actually our existence.

Have some views or opinions. Anyone with no education can insult someone.

Ahhh. A very comical response. You essentially labelled us all as murders, torturers and what ever else people do in game.

You speak about your area. You have no idea about others, or mine in fact. Don't presume that others would do this. :) You speak about no education, again, you don't know me/us or what we do :-) 

My response was indeed a sarcastic reply. Mainly due to your use of tarnishing everyone with the same brush. Had you have provided sources, information or true facts that say "people who act like they do in games, act like that in person". My response would have been different  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I am the most evil fucker on the planet, in every game I play.  I would say I am the total opposite in real life but I would be lying.  

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D
  • Like 1

I tend to dig in and covertly approach any situation with as much stealth as I can muster, then bounce as soon as it all feels wrong.  I was over at Cherno earlier on a high pop server and realised that bar tourism, I had no need to be in the south if I wanted to survive.  I have a few towns I sweep through and routes that keep me in cover, though I totally expect to meet up with a group or get a 7.62 from long range in my back at any moment. 

I've helped a few people out and only killed one newbie who came punching at me, so I whipped out a screwdriver and shanked him good and proper...

Happy to share what I have, though not stupid.  I think in the last 8 hours play on high pop servers I've seen maybe one other person due to the routes I run (which do take me fully from one end of the map to the other...).

I did try helping a guy out and teamed up with him briefly, but he wanted to run down into berenzino and got held-up and probably killed in the process as I legged it from the situation whilst he decided to stop and talk to those giving chase.  I felt bad for it, but didn't feel a 5.56 through the back... :).

K.

While I still have my morality, I generally kos "heavily armed" players. Those I kill, I typically feel guilty except those who completely deserved it. For most situations I try to avoid confrontation as I would prefer to not see anyone. I've tried to play the hero and give food to people, but I've been killed while trying to give a guy a can of tuna.

People play what they are.  Many - if not most - people are dishonest about who they are. 

Tax cheats, not giving the girl behind the counter the overpayment in change she handed you.

It goes on and on. 

You don't hear anybody proclaiming they are an asshole IRL, but play a hero in DayZ.

They all claim to be princes in IRL. 

Don't believe it.

While I still have my morality, I generally kos "heavily armed" players. Those I kill, I typically feel guilty except those who completely deserved it. For most situations I try to avoid confrontation as I would prefer to not see anyone. I've tried to play the hero and give food to people, but I've been killed while trying to give a guy a can of tuna.

offer better food next time, by offering tuna your basicly calling the person a fish whore.

• Like 1

One can choose to rise above our animal nature

What ?

Our animal nature ?

When was the last genocide commited by lions ?

Could you post a video of a parrot beheading another parrot because he prays to another parrot than his ?

What makes us human is this very ability we have to inflict pain and misery to any other life form on this planet.

Love, compassion, sense of justice, etc... those aren't exclusively human, we actually share that with many other animals.

Not everything with every animals but you're totally wrong if you think this is what makes you a human.

What makes us stand apart from any other animals isn't really something we should be proud of.

Edited by Sooke
  • Like 3

I like killing people in a game where PvP is one of the biggest factors, I must be a douche-bag in real life~ 

Its not so much killing players, its how it comes about. Plenty of room to be a douche then!

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life. What I mean is does your real life sense of morality affect how you choose to interact with players or do you just play it and not get hung up about shooting that fresh spawn for his can of beans?

It's a game with a definite PVP element. Feeling bad about killing people in DayZ would be as silly as feeling bad for capturing pieces in chess, or worrying about the thousands of virtual soldiers that die in a Total War game.

It's part of the game, and I don't lose sleep over it. Personally, I do have some limits. I'm not comfortable backstabbing other players if I happen to have a friendly encounter with them, so I never do that. But I understand it's also part of the game when it's been done to me. It's just something that I dislike doing.

That's nowhere near how I would behave in real life, I'm sure. This is just for fun.

• Like 1

Saw a dude with a shotgun. My character was starving. He had just left the super-market in Polana. I needed food, I knew he had food.

I watched him for a bit and waited for the perfect shot. Shot him dead. Went up to his body and looted my sweet sardines of war.

I stuffed my face like a king that day.

To answer your topic, my morality is dependant on the situation at hand. I play and try to immerse myself as a scared, tired and confused man. In the apocalypse you don't have time to second guess yourself.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

This is honestly one of the most comical threads I've ever read...

On one side we have reasonable not completely insane people who completely understand that THIS IS A GAME...  On the other we have crazies that for some dumb reason relate ones actions in a fictional role playing video game with re-spawns and server hopping to their real life personality...  In all honesty, I thought the initial posts complaining about players killing other players were just trolling/joking, then I read further and was pleasantly surprised by the obviously unintentional comedy...

Edited by taco86
  • Like 4

this is a game, i like killing stuff in games. Even if I saw you with a blueberry pie in your hands, running towards me, you will still get a bullet in between your eyes, no questions asked. I will never change...because i don't want to.

• Like 1

I kinda try to play this game the same way I would act if an actual zombie apocalypse would happen in the real world hehe. Which means I would probably only trust my close ones. I usually stay away from the more populated cities, and mostly only visit the airfields and military camps if I got proper backup. The other day me and a friend was at the airfield at Balota, we were looking for a LRS since it was the only thing missing from having our characters "complete" so to speak. We spotted 3 other guys chrouching their way to the ATC,from the hangars. We had complete vision of them and we were really close, so if we wanted to we could probably take them all 3 out before they would have the chance to fight back, but choosed not to since they werent really a threat. I only kos people if I accidentaly stumble upon them and if they got their weapon raised. If they dont I usually walk away having a close eye on them incase they would raise their weapon and try to kill me.

• Like 1

It's a bloody game. I'm a law abiding citizen IRL and feel that anyone hurting another person for whatever reason or gain they hope to get needs to get fucked senseless by the long cock of the law.

DayZ however is a freaking GAME (!!!). In which I find it fun to do the exact opposite since guess what.. oh right.. it's JUST A GAME. I reckon the anti-KoS whinefest is coming from the kinda folk that blame GTA for every crime ever committed.

• Like 2

DayZ however is a freaking GAME (!!!). In which I find it fun to do the exact opposite since guess what.. oh right.. it's JUST A GAME. I reckon the anti-KoS whinefest is coming from the kinda folk that blame GTA for every crime ever committed.

From my experience in other games, the people who confuse ingame morality and real life morality are also the most abusive towards other players. They are the ones who go on about "I hope you die of cancer" or threaten to find you and hurt you in real life. It's scary stuff.

From my experience in other games, the people who confuse ingame morality and real life morality are also the most abusive towards other players. They are the ones who go on about "I hope you die of cancer" or threaten to find you and hurt you in real life. It's scary stuff.

Not That scary actually. More like keyboard heroes who wouldn't dare say a thing to anyone IRL ;-)

• Like 1

As for me personally, I try to empathize with my character's situation in a game because I think it's more fun that way. Of course, the weed helps. ;)

Seriously though, a game like this that not only promotes the use of personal interaction as a means of survival, but also allows (upon it's completion anyway) a full range of human interaction so it's not surprising to me that people use it to fulfill their deep dark fantasies of being top dog and rolling over anything in their way. 

In conclusion, in this game as in life, I think that people make things a lot more bearable when they're alive. 

Edited by ViktirE

i am sooo glad that there are no childs in the game. imagine what sick Videos would appear on YouTube

( i get sick and angry just by thinking of that)

thanks dean that you havent

Unfortunetely there are children in the game and they are very much KoS

I find I can't play a douche-bag bandit/KOS style. I end up playing roughly how I think I would act in the hypothetical apocalypse. It can be frustrating though.

I was in the "office" building at the Berenzino lumber mill. I was pretty well geared, ammo, food, a couple can openers, etc. I had an extra sks in my hands. An obviously fairly new spawn logged in downstairs. I kept my guard up but started talking to him. He claimed to be cool and told me his buddy was logging in nearby. When his buddy came I told them I would help. I kept my distance but gave them food and water. I then told them I would give one the EMPTY sks and the other a spare fire-ax. I never turned my back and always kept a weapon in hand. They were being kind of quiet. I suspected some Team Speak going on and wasn't happy. They managed to get on either side of me. I backed into a small room with my ax out. The fools rushed and I got my loaded sks out and wasted them both. It was such a clumsy attempt at banditry. I was all amped up but I had to laugh too. I would have helped these guys get geared up too. So pointless but it has been one of the most interesting experiences I've had on the game. I will continue to try and help people but very carefully.

Good man, if you die helping someone 99 times out of 100 then it's worth it because that 1 person you helped knows there are decent players in DayZ SA

Edited by tamingatche91

I don't mind bandits at all, in fact I think their presence, so long as it is counter weighted by guys like me, adds a much needed quality of realism to the game. 

Bandit's are realistic, no doubt, and add challenge to the game but being a Bandit isn't about KoS for that guys stuff. A Bandit doesn't have to act like a mindless gun nut, one bandit even took the time to act friendly before handcuffing me and robbing me.

When ruined gear becomes useless I think the robberies will increase but there's nothing stopping a Bandit from killing you afterwards but it will stop a lot of KoS.

Edited by tamingatche91

Rather than being insulting you could have brought an opposable view to the discussion not just a childish NO YOU...

Counter argue me don't just be insulting. I welcome your views.

Almost all the people you can find in the area I grew up in in my part of the USA are like this.

and yes they are undereducated which is probably why I left and they act like that.

If my input is crap yours is poison. Mine at least contained content.

The KOS guy that started this thread is a great person to have in a game like this.

You are the tyrant that would try to make us all believe like you do in real life if this game was actually our existence.

Have some views or opinions. Anyone with no education can insult someone.

I don't KoS xD

This is honestly one of the most comical threads I've ever read...

On one side we have reasonable not completely insane people who completely understand that THIS IS A GAME...  On the other we have crazies that for some dumb reason relate ones actions in a fictional role playing video game with re-spawns and server hopping to their real life personality...  In all honesty, I thought the initial posts complaining about players killing other players were just trolling/joking, then I read further and was pleasantly surprised by the obviously unintentional comedy...

I see your point but laughing at peoples opinions is quite simply rude. I understand that this is a game but also try and consider that there a fair amount of ROLEPLAYERS on roleplaying servers that want to experience the games immersion in a different way to Normal or Hardcore servers but when some douchebag server hops, fully geared, onto your Roleplaying server just to KoS because it's against the rules of that particular server then people have a right to be pissed when the rules are broken just for the sake of ruining someone elses fun.

No, i either forget it in my bed or on my toilet.

I don't know why, but this had me laughing for a good two minutes straight, it hurts now. xD

Not so much on the morality front but from a survival tactics perspective I think the number of kos events will drop once item durability/state has an effect on the benefits you get, and not just on having a scuffed scope or unreadable compass etc.

Why risk destroying the loot with a shotgun blast to an unsuspecting targets back when you can talk and trade instead? Yes you can hold them up still or just gun them down but if a situation "heads to Cherno" (or "all goes south" in other words :) ) then the likelihood of the loot surviving is lower.

Hopefully along the development path will be plenty of reasons for collaboration, trading and other communal work which will bring other dimensions to the game.

I guess the key thing here is investment of time into a game vs. rewards. I'm happy spending my time getting better and better gear "just in case" and exploring everywhere I can and enjoy helping others along that path if possible. Why risk losing it all by taking needless chances though? Players also invest their time getting themselves kitted out and it does stay my hand when looking down the scope based on what I perceive they are doing. If they are searching for gear and trying to make do, good on them. If they are tucked away in a sniper hole taking potshots at anything they see, kos before they kos me or anyone else... :)

Not so much on the morality front but from a survival tactics perspective I think the number of kos events will drop once item durability/state has an effect on the benefits you get, and not just on having a scuffed scope or unreadable compass etc.

Why risk destroying the loot with a shotgun blast to an unsuspecting targets back when you can talk and trade instead? Yes you can hold them up still or just gun them down but if a situation "heads to Cherno" (or "all goes south" in other words :) ) then the likelihood of the loot surviving is lower.

Hopefully along the development path will be plenty of reasons for collaboration, trading and other communal work which will bring other dimensions to the game.

I guess the key thing here is investment of time into a game vs. rewards. I'm happy spending my time getting better and better gear "just in case" and exploring everywhere I can and enjoy helping others along that path if possible. Why risk losing it all by taking needless chances though? Players also invest their time getting themselves kitted out and it does stay my hand when looking down the scope based on what I perceive they are doing. If they are searching for gear and trying to make do, good on them. If they are tucked away in a sniper hole taking potshots at anything they see, kos before they kos me or anyone else... :)

I'll blow his noggin off and see what remains in good state afterwards

• Like 1