Sign in to follow this  
dusty_nuttles

Worried About Hall's Departure?

I know there are threads-o-plenty on this situation.

Anyone that is worried about DayZ and Hall leaving, please do yourself and the community a favor and read his reddit page. Lots of good bits in there.

You will feel better after. Funny how the internets manipulate people. Best thing here is read what he's got to say in detail. Not some wack interview by some rag trying to sell a story.

Thank me later.

• Like 1

If you feel to open a new thread bout a stale topic you should add the link you talkin bout...BLA

I think the reaction to all this is way too out of proportion.

I must admit it did ring alarm bells when he announced his intentions along with he statement that the game was fundamentally flawed as a concept. However I went straight to his twitter and reddit and was quickly assured that nothing was awry---it amazes me that no one else seems to have done the same choosing instead to partake in furious speculation.

What happened; Dean said that he intends to leave when he is no longer needed which may be by the end of the year, or longer. Then in a mixture of poor wording and poor journalism he said he thought the game was flawed. Really what the journalist should have done is asked him what exactly he meant by that, but they seem to have gone down the sensationalist route and neglected to do so, or even worse neglected to publish any explanation he did offer. I think he was simply being transparent about the flaws and limitations of DayZ, flaws and limitations which we are all aware of as players. What he did not say was that the game was irreparably broken and will never be finished. People should really stop reading this into his statement.

As supporters of DayZ I think Eurogamer owes it to Dean Hall to explain itself and undo this sensationalist shitstorm that it has created.

Edited by DoctorBadSign
  • Like 6

I must admit it did ring alarm bells when he announced his intentions along with he statement that the game was fundamentally flawed as a concept. However I went straight to his twitter and reddit and was quickly assured that nothing was awry---it amazes me that no one else seems to have done the same choosing instead to partake in furious speculation.

What happened; Dean said that he intends to leave when he is no longer needed which may be by the end of the year, or longer. Then in a mixture of poor wording and poor journalism he said he thought the game was flawed. Really what the journalist should have done is asked him what exactly he meant by that, but they seem to have gone down the sensationalist route and neglected to do so, or even worse neglected to publish any explanation he did offer. I think he was simply being transparent about the flaws and limitations of DayZ, flaws and limitations which we are all aware of as players. What he did not say was that the game was irreparably broken and will never be finished. People should really stop reading this into his statement.

As supporters of DayZ I think Eurogamer owes it to Dean Hall to explain itself and undo this sensationalist shitstorm that it has created.

+1 for the comment about Eurogamers shoddy journalism.

Well, maybe he shouldn't post explanations on Twitter and Reddit, while there is official game forum... But thanks for the info.

Disclaimer: I am not a fanboy per se, I have a non virtual real life.

I dont follow everything Dean says. I have never trusted anything anyone says to the full because life changes everyday, new opportunities arise and the previous plans change due to it.

He has made it clear why, people need to accept he has a life which does not start and end with DayZ. But lets look at the community, people bought the game on hype, at first a few people were aware of the game and we loved it as the Mod, popularity means masses jump onboard and the idea / game turns into something else. The SA has turned into a monster of a project. One that has not even got its legs yet. Because of this people are in their negative moan at everything mood.

It will not matter what Dean says or does, customer's are fickle the world over, more so when paying for a product. Dean isnt here to provide us with anything, he owes you nothing. Rockwtbis doing this because he WANTS to so it.

The community is at fault here.

Im just waiting for the next big title like GTA5 on P.C. then people wont even bother with DayZ. Thats when the game will become what we've been waiting for. And those of us who love the game can enjoy it again without the stupid ones.

• Like 1

BI > DayZ > Dean 'Rocket' Hall

DayZ is a thing in its own right. At this point it doesn't necessarily need Dean to continue. The roadmap is laid out and it's just a matter of having someone see it through to the end.

As Dean has stated more than once, he may become detrimental to that process at some point, so IMO he's making a good reasoned decision to get the groundwork done and pass the project along.

I'm going to up my game this time...

(function createPointlessThread() {    createPointlessThread();})();

How is the truth pointless?

Not only has this site gone bonkers, but also reddit.

Personally, I'm sick of e-rags making up stories when their isn't one. Modern journalism is straight ass.

Basically they chopped up a 4 hour interview how they wanted to get everyone frothing at the mouth. Isn't there better things to write about?

Hello there

Whilst I appreciate your efforts and reasoning, threads like this just fan the flames, intentionally or not.

So with that in mind, im gonna close it.

I would merge it but the individual replies would just get lost in the mayhem.

We've had "issues" like this before, todays news is tomorrows fish and chip paper, let it die out.

With respect, closing.

Rgds

LoK