Sign in to follow this  
cheRubyy

heavy firefight at elektro.. and the typical dayz bandits ;)

today i went from balota over cherno to elektro.. i came from the north to elektro and heard A LOT of shots - SKS, mosin and M4, everything... it didnt stop, all the time shots and firefights.. i thought: YOLO, i'll go inside and check out ;) totally insane idea, i knew i would most likely die. i'm a dayz veteran so i was aware that i wont leave alive, but it's for fun ;) 

inside elektro a guy with a SKS tried to kill but missed me. i flanked him luckyly and was able to shoot him while he climbed up a ladder. during all this time (about 10 minutes) there were more firefights at elektro. i noticed some guys shooting at the common sniper-position outside elektro and another couple of guys shooting more to the west of my position. it was horrifying, i guess it had been around 2-3 firefights not counting mine all the time, not stopping..

while very very carefully walkign inside elektro (i really checked EVERYTHIGN before doing 1 step - horizon, roofs, windows, bushes, everything) i noticed 2 guys behind a fence. i got close and started talking to them via ingame voice.

"yo guys, sup, friendly?"

"hey hey yeah dude friendly, you too?"

"yea of course, wouldnt have started to talk to you if not, hue"

"hah, yep, you wanna join us?"

"yeah i do why not"

while that they spotted me via 3rd person view and a zombie approached.. you all gonna know what happened next ;) i took out my firefighter axe to defend myself against the zombie (still m4 shots in the background, holy shit this was like war). then one of those 2 guys - yep i knew this would most likely happen, dont worry i'm not stupid - came around the fence and started to shoot me with his m4 - i was able to put some shots with my SKS on him - not sure if i hit him though, i guess he wouldve been dead if i hit 1 shot? not sure.. whatever, the other guy tried to stop him "dont shoot dont shoot" but it was too late, just in that moment he killed me :O

long story, obvious ending and my conclusion after surviviing like 20h with this character and a lot firefights: this was definately the last time i ever trusted some dayz guys, in future there will be no mercy ;) i tried to be friendly but yeah ;)

whatever, i knew i would not walk out elektro alive :D but still a very intense and exciting fight/moment

Coward.  :D

The moment you never trust anyone again, is the moment you become a mindless zombie like all the rest.

There are good people out there. Most kills are attributed to people not wanting to be killed themselves, rather than self proclaimed bandits.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

i doubt that. and i dont want to die anymore after 20h+ living with my char :/ how to do the first contact in your opininon? :D its: trust and die or live OR dont trust and live :O

i doubt that. and i dont want to die anymore after 20h+ living with my char :/ how to do the first contact in your opininon? :D its: trust and die or live OR dont trust and live :o

The fact that you went to elektro and expected people to be friendly is ..sorry to say, but idiotic, especially if there is huge firefights taking place meanwhile.

Keep yourself hidden and keep an advantage over them, then make contact, if they start looking for you, shoot 'em, simple as that.

• Like 1

The fact that you went to elektro and expected people to be friendly is ..sorry to say, but idiotic, especially if there is huge firefights taking place meanwhile.

Keep yourself hidden and keep an advantage over them, then make contact, if they start looking for you, shoot 'em, simple as that.

Why do you always have to be so mean!!!!

I mean geez picture dosen't suit much of your comments..and i thought you were cute :P

i doubt that. and i dont want to die anymore after 20h+ living with my char :/ how to do the first contact in your opininon? :D its: trust and die or live OR dont trust and live :o

Concerning this,most of the times,you just have to talk and reasure that you indeed are friendly.Most of the people have made shooting in the back a common practice,so it's really hard to trust almost anyone.Depending factors are the people themsleves,personally speaking,i think sometimes you can tell from the tone of someone's voice if he's friendly or not.Also keep trying and don't give up.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Why do you always have to be so mean!!!!

I mean geez picture dosen't suit much of your comments..and i thought you were cute :P

I'm always harsh haha :D

I should change it to a meaner looking lolita i guess :P 

well as i said, i knew i was gonna die. it's not about the fact that i died, more about HOW :) 

I've said it before...here goes again.

There are friendly people out there. Naturally you can't trust everyone you meet, but I've met a number of players that have turned out to be good pals. We now run together in our own little crew, but that doesn't mean we are exclusive. We approach people when we have the upper hand and have met other like minded individuals.

Being friendly is tough. You'll get screwed over and die. However, it's the most rewarding gameplay style I've had...and I've been around awhile. I'll put a video below that shows some experiences I've had recently.

Granted it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. Your biggest mistake here, as has already been said, was running into an ongoing firefight in Elektro. Everyone there was probably amped on adrenaline and shooting everything including the scarecrows.

• Like 1

Well, it's your experience. I trust, and live....  27 days Vilayer hive character, 21 days Gameserver hive character and 16 days experimental hive. (hardcore servers)

I've encountered a lot of interesting players. Of course there's the occasional bandits and kos players, but that's part of DayZ and I don't mind it. You can get to a point where by listening to the player's voice and watching his behavior, you'll see if he can be trusted or not.

The important thing is to not get influenced and become part of the problem instead of the solution.

P.S.: And finally, even though my characters survived for a while, it's still just an early access alpha, and I wouldn't care much if they all got wiped, or if I die from a bug, or just get robbed by bandits. I'd say enjoy the abundance of guns and loot while you can, because sooner than later, we'll have sticks and stones to defend ourselves if you're following where Dean's going with the game. Bow and arrows will be far more common than M4s so shoot them while you still can!

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

I've had people in noob gear yell friendly ask for help then blast me the second I turned. Or guys hold me up and "rob" me when I'm in my undies only to be saved buy a group of 6 or 7 fully geared guys who were as nice as could be.

Last night I had just been killed by those friendly assholes who shot me in the back and had run back to Berezino to look for them and ran into a full geared guy walking down the street. He drew his gun, and I stood there. He said "This is my town, the only rule is...  No pants!"  so I took my pants off and he gave me some ammo for my blaster I had just found :) I asked if he had seen my killers which sadly he hadn't :( He just warned me not to load my gun while near him and I was on my way. That guy took all the anger out of me after those to cowards killed me.

Trusting someone is a risk i am willing to take in DayZ. If you don't trust anyone and you shoot on sight your just bad at the game and limiting yourself. There is so much more you can do if you trust people.

Trusting someone is a risk i am willing to take in DayZ. If you don't trust anyone and you shoot on sight your just bad at the game and limiting yourself. There is so much more you can do if you trust people.

I really only ever play the game as part of a small group, and we're generally very careful, so we have no problem making an attempt to be nice to people. It helps that we usually outnumber them and have the upper hand by default, but we also tend to approach them one at a time so that if one of us dies the others can immediately exact revenge and recover any stolen items to minimize the loss of the character.

In other words, we take a very cautious and heavy-handed approach to being friendly. For the most part, it has protected us from harm at the hands of other players and we've also had a few rare moments where we have met some genuinely nice folks. No permanent additions to our group because we have trouble trusting outsiders, but friendly encounters do happen and without great risk if you're willing to make it happen :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1