Sign in to follow this  
Hagon94

What do you keep in your inventory? My backpack versus my friends.

1 Pristine axe and run to electro and fight like there is no tomorrow!! 

Indeed.. I have no idea what he means. The chest is 1) safest place for them. 2) Close to your gun, easier/quicker to reload :)

1) no 2) logical in itself, but in dayz it makes no difference where an item is on your person

if you get shot, the clothes get ruined, and the way it works is anything in the clothes gets ruined once they're ruined, so it's a zero-sum game. They're supposed to be fixing this, not sure if they've done anything yet. 99% of the time you get shot in the chest, not the legs. Good luck keeping up your return fire when all your mags are ruined.

Personally I spread out my magazines and saline bags so I know I always have some.

"at least you can have fun killing people"

Okay, that's why you play DayZ? :>

Why do you play DayZ, so you can sit in the woods and eat beans?

• Like 1

1) no 2) logical in itself, but in dayz it makes no difference where an item is on your person

. 99% of the time you get shot in the chest, not the legs. 

For you, maybe. For me.. it's the pants :-) Always has been since day1. Odd I guess... Chest makes sense. It's just different for me. 

Ah, I see. Thanks, wartzilla.

Allthough: My pants get ruined more often than anything on my chest, but spreading everything important to different clothes makes sense.

Edited by Neinsager

Recently logged in without my backpack somehow (dammit!).  Learned very quickly that it's good to keep some important things in your clothes, rather than all in your backpack.  Luckily, I'd kept a few things on my person.  I now like the idea of maintaining a first and second line, albeit using your backpack as your second line. 

First line - Can opener, canteen, bit of food, at least an extra magazine, pistol, compass (lost mine in my backpack), some medical supplies, set of handcuffs and keys to go with it.

Second line (Backpack) - Any of extra good stuff.  This is where I keep the bulk of my extra supplies (additional canteens, lots of food, first aid kit/additional medical supplies, more mags, ammo), and anything I pick up for friends.

Indeed.. I have no idea what he means. The chest is 1) safest place for them. 2) Close to your gun, easier/quicker to reload  :)

No it is the worst place to put your magazines at least the way damage is handled right now. You are more likely to get shot from the front (even higher probability if you are a good player) and your chest being the largest surface area, is the most likely area to get hit. 9.5/10 times I get hit in the chest because I am usually facing the person who is shooting at me. Putting anything essential into your vest or shirt is just asking for vital items being ruined when you need them the most. If you want quick, closer to your gun reloads, keep one spare mag and some ammo in your pants. Dump the rest of mags/clips/speed loaders and ammo into your backpack.

Ah, I see. Thanks, wartzilla.

Allthough: My pants get ruined more often than anything on my chest, but spreading everything important to different clothes makes sense.

Pants right now are probably the most dangerous place to put stuff... I only put food/currently looted items in pants.  The reason is because right now chance of random leg breakage (which ruins everything in pants) is high atm.  It seems with the group I play with someone has broken legs each day.  Pretty sure there are other pants bungs too like a few reports of bunks in 2nd floor prison causing damage. etc

Anything on chest is considered the 2nd most dangerous spot (guess it depends on how many firefights you get into) since as mentioned most players aim center mass... Though at longer ranges this could hit legs.

Pack is for the most part considered the safest place and even then most like to use protective cases for most important gear, like your medkit:)

Yes having spare loose rounds in the chest area is faster for reloading but if you have any quickloaders etc as was mentioned it doesn't really matter where there are for speed so I generally spread them around, putting one in pack, one in chest etc.  I tried to put a 60 round mag in protective case and it worked, but created odd duping issues when then corrected itself with disappearing gear.  So be careful there.

Edited by TwinSpire

As long you have patience and move with double shift inside buildings, don't go into second/third/etc. story of a building when you are experiencing lag/desync and don't log off inside buildings, you're safe from randomly broken legs.

As long you have patience and move with double shift inside buildings, don't go into second/third/etc. story of a building when you are experiencing lag/desync and don't log off inside buildings, you're safe from randomly broken legs.

That limits your exposure sure... though I have gotten my legs broken during a server restart...  I was just jogging along in the woods, restart... log back in broken legs... good thing I have 3 morphines on me... and I use them!

Think I must be lucky, in 100+ hours of play I've never experienced these deadly ladders or had issues being on upper floors. The exception being the ship.at riffy that place is a death trap.

I have only had my legs broken once and my pants ruined twice (randomly). Apart from that it is usually falling to my death by glitching through buildings and yea, the ship at Riffy is the perfect place for that.

Indeed.. I have no idea what he means. The chest is 1) safest place for them. 2) Close to your gun, easier/quicker to reload :)

The point is that people aim for center mass, so anything in your chest slots gets destroyed first. When you try to reload in the middle of a firefight, you'll find that you have no working ammo left!

Personally, I put food in the vest/shirt slots, once I'm up to healthy. They're easy to replace and make a decent protective vest. No other reason to ever carry food, unless I'm bringing some for a respawned friend. 

No it is the worst place to put your magazines at least the way damage is handled right now. You are more likely to get shot from the front (even higher probability if you are a good player) and your chest being the largest surface area, is the most likely area to get hit

For you, maybe. For me.. it's the pants :-) Always has been since day1. Odd I guess... Chest makes sense. It's just different for me.

Again... It's different for me.. ^^^^

Think I must be lucky, in 100+ hours of play I've never experienced these deadly ladders or had issues being on upper floors. The exception being the ship.at riffy that place is a death trap.

Yeah, I know that...slipped from one of the walkways in the interior....and fell...and fell....four decks.

Broke my legs. And my back. And everything else.

My mates guarded my corpse and I was back there in 10 minutes, but my pants and everything in them were ruined.

Everything else was still fine, though.

Oh, and one of my mates broke his legs by putting on a new pair of pants! -_-

He was lucky one of us had morphine.

I always carry the basics. Ammo, food, some med supplies. I also carry basic essentials for other players like an extra axe, extra food/drinks and bandages. If I find a spare pistol i'll keep that for another player, too.

Maybe that's just the nice guy in me. I've handed stuff out pretty regularly, and it's been appreciated every time.

Right now i´m delivering a load of weapons to some friends, but here it is!

Offtopic: I was down at Balota airstrip for the first time because my server was empty, searching for a M4A1 and maybe some better clothes to my friends. Server got restarted, and i jumped over to a fresh one. The first sight i saw was 5-6 dudes running around unloading their colts into everyone and everything.

Safe to say i´m happy i spawned a bit outside this and ran the fuck away. Never Balota again. SExy4QB.jpgt1GaMP0.jpg

Here is my endgame, overwatch/sniper load out. I prefer the minimalist approach. And its been successful for me.

inv1_zpsf8ad37cf.jpg

inv2_zpsa67c5c97.jpg

The protector case contains 1 morphine, cuffs and a couple of PU scopes to dish out to my squad.

Axe in bag...y?

Edited by Subscriber

two axes, in case one get damage nice approach.

Lol, no Im not that prepared :D. It's the.same one but I freed up enough inventory space to put it in the courier bag for the second screen.

Right now i´m delivering a load of weapons to some friends, but here it is!

Offtopic: I was down at Balota airstrip for the first time because my server was empty, searching for a M4A1 and maybe some better clothes to my friends. Server got restarted, and i jumped over to a fresh one. The first sight i saw was 5-6 dudes running around unloading their colts into everyone and everything.

Safe to say i´m happy i spawned a bit outside this and ran the fuck away. Never Balota again. SExy4QB.jpgt1GaMP0.jpg

Awesome but if you are keeping Shotgun for panic fights then i will suggest not to use it, because switching weapons take a lot of time IMO.

Lol, no Im not that prepared :D. It's the.same one but I freed up enough inventory space to put it in the courier bag for the second screen.

yea i knw just kidding :)

I can list everything I keep in my "end-game" inventory. usually wearing a green tactical/hoodie, green cargo's, vest and courier bag.

1x Hundcuffs

1x Handcuff key

1x book (whichever is the most interesting at the time)

1x can opener

1x splitting axe

1x loaded Sawn-off Shotgun

1x loaded Mosin with LRS

1x loose mosin rounds

1x loose shotgun shells

2x shotgun speedloaders

1x medpack

>2x morphine

>2x bandages/rags

>1x saline/blood bag

>1x IV

1x Ammo box (filled with as much ammo as I can find)

1x compass

1x head-torch

1x canteen

6x empty/temp slots (usually keep spare meds/food in there, and a sewing kit on occasion, I give most of the things in here away to other players who need them)

my question is why do you need so much ammo?

Edited by Zoridium JackL