Sign in to follow this  
Rulfrunner

getting infected by a Zomb...

What do you think about the possibility to get infected by a Zombie in DayZ?

Maybe one can slowly turn to a Zomb - very slowly - and one may loose control for a while in the beginnig and when the infection is not stopped and you finaly loose contol - your game will be over.

Zombies may not attac infected ones even when they are attaced by them so an infected One can be a great Zombie-Slayer - so that it can be usefull for a team to add an infected One to the group.

People you are traveling with will have to decide when it is to dangerous to travel with you.

May there be a possibility to cure the infection - or not?

What do you think about that idea? :)

• Like 1

You never played any of the mods did you?

Its been in the dayz mods before and probably still is on some of them, both just getting sick and eventually dying.. and also once you die you spawn as a zed.

Both options were pretty lame imo, but Im sure a lot of people out there would like it if they never tried it.

i'd rather have zeds wearing player default clothes sometimes so we know that was a fresh spawn that bit it and is now roaming chern as a ghoul..

but wait these arent zombies they're "infected" so i dunno man... whatever?

are the zeds alive or dead?

are the normal humans with a disease?

or undead drivin by instinct to kill?

i've never had this defined by the devs of this game

but rocket is abandoning the game before beta so i guess i'll never know

You never played any of the mods did you?

Its been in the dayz mods before and probably still is on some of them, both just getting sick and eventually dying.. and also once you die you spawn as a zed.

Both options were pretty lame imo, but Im sure a lot of people out there would like it if they never tried it.

No, I didn´t play the mod. Spawning as a Zombie may not be a good idea. When you completely loose controll it should be the end - every humanity is gone. But how can all those Zombies exist when there is no way to be infected? Do bodys only transform AFTER death?

i'd rather have zeds wearing player default clothes sometimes so we know that was a fresh spawn that bit it and is now roaming chern as a ghoul..

but wait these arent zombies they're "infected" so i dunno man... whatever?

I think a Zombie is just a dead body - without any humanity left - "something" controlls this body, but NOT the free will of the person it was before.

An infected One is still a human beeing - something of the person is left that is stronger than the infection and STILL CONTROLLS the body.

But that fight will be lost at some point.

That´s the idea.

Players are immune to the virus...otherwise they would be zeds.

So do only corpses transform?

From what I've heard, the "Zombies" in this game are basically just people with some weird form of rabies.

So do only corpses transform?

Nope, dead is dead, they seem to turn when they are alive, how it happens is still to be told by rocket ( i imagine it could be similar to TWD but they would die with any shot to the vital organs and not just the brain ). The zeds are not some horror type zombies they are what Aanex described.

Help! I'm being chased by a zombie wearing a motorcycle helmet with the face shield down... he's trying to eat me!!! Oh wait... nevermind... B) 

Edited by Gadyuka
  • Like 2

What do you think about the possibility to get infected by a Zombie in DayZ?

Zombies may not attac infected ones even when they are attaced by them so an infected One can be a great Zombie-Slayer - so that it can be usefull for a team to add an infected One to the group.

People you are traveling with will have to decide when it is to dangerous to travel with you.

May there be a possibility to cure the infection - or not?

What do you think about that idea? :)

Only problem with your idea is that it would be extremely exploitable...

Once a person knew the infection time before you die they would just purposefully get infected just avoid zombies and keep healing htemsleves only when they were close to death...

Edited by execpro22

Help! I'm being chased by a zombie wearing a motorcycle helmet with the face shield down... he's trying to eat me!!! Oh wait... nevermind... B) 

:D

Only problem with your idea is that it would be extremely exploitable...

Once a person knew the infection time before you die they would just purposefully get infected just avoid zombies and keep healing htemsleves only when they were close to death...

Yes, it depends on the question if it will be possible to heal the Zomb-Infection or just keep the infected One alive for a while before he dies withe certainty. I think the Infection should be finaly deadly after a while.

Nope, dead is dead, they seem to turn when they are alive, how it happens is still to be told by rocket ( i imagine it could be similar to TWD but they would die with any shot to the vital organs and not just the brain ). The zeds are not some horror type zombies they are what Aanex described.

ok, we ´ll see how they will be described in the end.

ok, we ´ll see how they will be described in the end.

To zombies in DayZ strongly resemble the zombies from 28 Days Later (great movie btw), where they were rather referred to as "The Infected" - simple people infected with the "Rage" virus:

1. No extra vitality/durability.

2. No hampered motor functions.

3. No desire to devour human flesh (although this is likely just not added).

They are definitely not the "resurrected dead" type of zombies from John Romero's or Resident Evil franchises. :)

I think they should implement a system similar to the one in the old Resident Evil Outbreak games. If you get attacked by a zombie in DayZ a percentage meter comes on screen and it's slowly(or fairly quickly depending on how much you were attacked) going up and the only way to put a stop to it would be to find an anti virus of some kind. They could even make it so that once the meter reaches around 80% for example your character isn't able to run and their vision gets blurred, etc.

are the zeds alive or dead?

are the normal humans with a disease?

or undead drivin by instinct to kill?

They're alive, and infected, normal human beings. The reason the players aren't infected, is that they're immune. So no, players won't turn into zombies. We WILL however catch nasty infections from zombie attacks, eventually.

They are definitely not the "resurrected dead" type of zombies from John Romero's or Resident Evil franchises. :)

What about the zombies from Jim Carpenters "prince of darkness" or one of Stanley Kings books? Did Walter Craven make any zombie movies besides the nightmare on elmstreet series?

Edited by execpro22

I'd love for players to become zombies if infected. Only they can play as their zombie and hunt players. Would add a very dangerous zombie element. Plus their gear would be in circulation since it would be on them.

Just one of my dayz dreams.

They're alive, and infected, normal human beings. The reason the players aren't infected, is that they're immune. So no, players won't turn into zombies. We WILL however catch nasty infections from zombie attacks, eventually.

Hmm, once I run away from a Zomb, jumped into the water and tried to reach an island by swimming. The Zomb followed me, walking under the water. If they are "alive" that won´t be possible.

I'd love for players to become zombies if infected. Only they can play as their zombie and hunt players. Would add a very dangerous zombie element. Plus their gear would be in circulation since it would be on them.

Just one of my dayz dreams.

That would be dangerous Zombies indeed... But in my opinion Zombies should act like Zombies and not behave tactical like intelligent players.

To zombies in DayZ strongly resemble the zombies from 28 Days Later (great movie btw), where they were rather referred to as "The Infected" - simple people infected with the "Rage" virus:

1. No extra vitality/durability.

2. No hampered motor functions.

3. No desire to devour human flesh (although this is likely just not added).

At the moment the Zombies in DayZ can walk under water when they try to follow you when you are swimmning. A normal player gets unconscious when you beat his head - a DayZ Zombie is getting down too - but getting up immediatly. You sometimes need to beat him down 10 times before he´s finally finished. They may not rise from their grave but I think they are defintetly dead.

Well according to the devs they are infected with a virus (akin to 28 days later lore) so they aren't classic zombies. The players are immune so they carnt turn. You didn't come back as a zed in the mod.....but I only played vanilla ;)