Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

Ruined Clothes/Backpacks worth keeping?

So when my backpack/clothes get ruined what's the downside of having them be ruined?

Apart from the item looking like crap "When i say crap i also mean really awesome looking :P"

Is there any real reason not to keep them on your guy?

You can keep them for the space, but i believe their "protection" is gone.

As for other items ruined like cans, weapons and the rest you can leave them cos they are garbage.

• Like 3

You can keep them for the space, but i believe their "protection" is gone.

As for other items ruined like cans, weapons and the rest you can leave them cos they are garbage.

Much appreciated!

You´re welcome friend ;)

And thanks for the beans, im starving hehehe

Edited by El Perrito PT

Also not that its in yet but i believe the intent is when clothing becomes ruined its storage will no longer be reliable eg things will drop from the pockets...

So when they finally put that in then the option to wear ruined cloths will become even worse than it is now.. As mentioned it currently at ruined offers no damage protection when enviromental things come in such as cold wet they will offer no protection against that ...

All round the whole ruined clothing is a bad option to be wearing lol but hey each to there own...

• Like 2

Also not that its in yet but i believe the intent is when clothing becomes ruined its storage will no longer be reliable eg things will drop from the pockets...

That would be really nice, realistic  ;)

Edited by El Perrito PT

To me clothing that was ruined meant certain death. Not even bleeding or unconsciousness, despite healthy.

All of my gear is ruined atm, and I dont mind. It still functions as storage, and tbh as a sniper I prefer the look of ruined ttsko gear.

• Like 1

I believe in the future ruined clothes/bags will have a chance to randomly drop the items inside, at least that's something Rocket said before alpha.

All of my gear is ruined atm, and I dont mind. It still functions as storage, and tbh as a sniper I prefer the look of ruined ttsko gear.

I like the camo effect you get with just about any ruined clothing item.. makes it look all apocalypsy

• Like 1

Does the sewing kut not repair clothes? Or is it not working?

It does indeed work fine. IF your clothes are badly damaged, or damaged (NOT ruined), it will restore them to worn condition. Does not work on backpacks, raincoats, vests, or helmets.