Sign in to follow this  
SerasVictoria (DayZ)

NWAF - You lied to me

So i have read multiple times that players with gear are not on the coast or are low skilled shooting bambis.

So i headed up to NWAF where "real men" (quote) are supposed to be.

Over more than 1h playing i saw 2 guys on 3 different 40/40 serv. I guess there is no real men then.

Might consider going back shooting some bambis ...

• Like 1

So i have read multiple times that players with gear are not on the coast or are low skilled shooting bambis.

Over more than 1h playing i saw 2 guys on 3 different 40/40 serv. I guess there is no real men then.

Spent a good 20 minutes running in circles on a 40/40 server in the middle of the airfield, didn't get shot at once.

The coast is where it's all at these days i guess :/ 

• Like 4

My friends and I had a similar experience, we went from NWAF to Zelenagorsk to Balota to Cherno in search for a good firefight to hone our skills, and NOTHING....

Go to Elektro where all the Bambi slayers are, and boom it's like everyone and their grandma is there....

• Like 5

well i might have not saw the ones with LRS at 1 miles away but anyway i never heard shots so basically everyone is Snake or there was nobody

Right, I'm going to introduce a concept to you now - it's called 'not automatically opening fire on every single person you see'.

Now, I understand that sounds strange and alien to you, but in fact, many experienced survivors play this way, particularly in high-value areas, because they don't want to alert others to their presence, or perhaps because there is simply no benefit to them getting into a gunfight at that particular time.

By definition, a skilled player in DayZ is probably not going to go blundering up the middle of the main road towards NWAF shooting their gun every couple of hundred metres. They're probably going to spend a while scouting out their route, making sure it's clear, then moving, then repeating the process. Those are the skilled players - the ones who are smart and savvy enough to know which fights to pick and whether there's anything to gain from it. Any idiot can pick up a Mosin and shoot at anything that moves. It doesn't matter if you're in Elektro or hidden in a bush up by Pobeda Dam, being able to shoot straight is a tiny, tiny part of what makes a skilled and experienced survivor player. It's equally about careful route selection, good movement, and being able to make a call on when not to engage.

• Like 19

the spawnpoints should be distributed all over the map.

Not necessarily, just remove guns from Balota half the problem will be solved

Try looking under the hangers at the NEAF or you could try to find the bush wookies in the hills overlooking cherno and electro....leave the bambis alone. We will need them for later, like when we get cars. I can't wait to see all of the road kill between berenzino and balota

• Like 1

You would be wise to ignore half the people on here.

Generally it's the ones who try and act high and mighty with statements like 'get off the coast newb' That do not have a clue what they are talking about, i rarely go to NWAf anymore.

is it because i'm a noob, no.

It is because i play this game for human interaction and that happens mainly down the coast and if you think all you are going to find along the coast is bambi's you are sorely mistaken, the coast is where the real fighters go and the nwaf is actually where all the carebears who care too much about their gear go.

• Like 1

NWAF was the place to be in the mod if you wanted confrontations with highly geared players, nowadays everyone hangs around NEAF because so many players spawn on the east coast and beeline north through Berezino.

I would perhaps argue that you passed quite a few skilled and experienced players.

You just never saw them.

That's why they're skilled and experienced. ;)

Lemme guess.

You (OP) where the guy behind the desk? :D

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 6

Right, I'm going to introduce a concept to you now - it's called 'not automatically opening fire on every single person you see'.

Now, I understand that sounds strange and alien to you, but in fact, many experienced survivors play this way, particularly in high-value areas, because they don't want to alert others to their presence, or perhaps because there is simply no benefit to them getting into a gunfight at that particular time.

So your basically Implying that because someone has a KOS playstyle they are inherently unskilled. Sorry. but that is simply not true.

You probably didn't spot most of them.

So your basically Implying that because someone has a KOS playstyle they are inherently unskilled. Sorry. but that is simply not true.

I'm not sure how you extrapolated that from what I said, because I didn't imply anything of the sort.

If you read my post carefully, I make a point of saying 'experienced survivors'. Sure, there are plenty of talented shooters out there, and I dare say there are quite a few skilled DayZ players who have a KoS mentality.

I'd perhaps also point out that just because you play KoS doesn't mean that you HAVE to blast away at every single player you see, even if you don't have the faintest chance of hitting them. Like I said before, part of being a skilled player also means making good calls on when not to engage - that's no different for KoS players.

The question is not that i KoS or not it's where the **** those supposedly skilled player are

At least I know who to kill (I meant you btw...fucking koser)

• Like 1

Not necessarily, just remove guns from Balota half the problem will be solved

pfe balota is empty

Don't worry op, once more guns and vehicles are put into the game NWAF will most likely become as active as it was in the mod. IMO, the risk/time/effort isn't worth it to go up to NWAF.

I have read the opposite.  NWAF isn't populated, and the vast majority of threads say as much.  Bolata is the airfield with the most action, though NEAF is pretty often populated.

I'm not sure how you extrapolated that from what I said, because I didn't imply anything of the sort.

If you read my post carefully, I make a point of saying 'experienced survivors'. Sure, there are plenty of talented shooters out there, and I dare say there are quite a few skilled DayZ players who have a KoS mentality.

I'd perhaps also point out that just because you play KoS doesn't mean that you HAVE to blast away at every single player you see, even if you don't have the faintest chance of hitting them. Like I said before, part of being a skilled player also means making good calls on when not to engage - that's no different for KoS players.

Those are the skilled players - the ones who are smart and savvy enough to know which fights to pick and whether there's anything to gain from it.

I completely agree with you that knowing when to shoot is definately important, but shooting someone even if there is nothing to gain from it isn't about loss or gain at all....

It's about entertaininment. For some people it is entertaining to shoot at someone even if you dont need thier gear. Some people shoot everything they see for the thrill and challenge even if it may put them at a disadvantage.

Doesn't neccessarily mean they are unskilled.

• Like 2

I completely agree with you that knowing when to shoot is definately important, but shooting someone even if there is nothing to gain from it isn't about loss or gain at all....

It's about entertaininment. For some people it is entertaining to shoot at someone even if you dont need thier gear. Some people shoot everything they see for the thrill and challenge even if it may put them at a disadvantage.

Doesn't neccessarily mean they are unskilled.

Will you please stop talking like I've claimed in this thread that KoS players are somehow less 'skilled' than regular players? That's something you've cooked up yourself. You read my post, put two and two together, made a couple of assumptions, and came up with six, and now you're arguing against a point that I never even made!

I'm not making any comment about KoS and skill levels here at all - my point is simply that a good player, be they bandit, hero or KoSer will not simply start mashing the left mouse button the very second they see another player, no matter what they intend to do to that player.

Our hypothetical KoS player lurking in the forest around NWAF could well have seen OP, but decided to hold fire because he was a long way away and didn't want to risk losing the kill. He could have been there but known that there was also a couple of other KoS players lurking, and didn't want to risk revealing his position first. There's any number of reasons why a smart KoS player would hold their fire until a better opportunity came along.

• Like 2

Electro is where the party is at, and always will be. Most players, myself included just want to have a little fun off the bat. It can be frustrating to spend several hours, if not an entire day running from airfield to airfield, get bored due to lack of any presence and make your way back down to the coast only to get shot in less than an hour of arriving back. The fact that squads or player groups happily dupe items for each other only adds to the problem. Many players legitimately "work" for their gear; myself also included, and get shot by glitching squads in coastal areas, so there's no real incentive for many people to go to the effort of grinding for hours only to get killed in an unfair manner sometimes. Even when vehicles are added, they will mainly be used to speed up the grinding process to and from airfields before heading back down to the coast to rain some fire on bambi's.

Edited by Chiefo69

Will you please stop talking like I've claimed in this thread that KoS players are somehow less 'skilled' than regular players? That's something you've cooked up yourself. You read my post, put two and two together, made a couple of assumptions, and came up with six, and now you're arguing against a point that I never even made!

I'm not making any comment about KoS and skill levels here at all - my point is simply that a good player, be they bandit, hero or KoSer will not simply start mashing the left mouse button the very second they see another player, no matter what they intend to do to that player.

Our hypothetical KoS player lurking in the forest around NWAF could well have seen OP, but decided to hold fire because he was a long way away and didn't want to risk losing the kill. He could have been there but known that there was also a couple of other KoS players lurking, and didn't want to risk revealing his position first. There's any number of reasons why a smart KoS player would hold their fire until a better opportunity came along.

Those are the skilled players - the ones who are smart and savvy enough to know which fights to pick and whether there's anything to gain from it.

You stated that skilled players would not shoot if there is nothing to gain, implying that anyone who shoots first (KOS) even though there is nothing to gain is unskilled.

I just thought I would dispell that myth which seems to be prevalent among most players who choose not KOS.

Contrary to popular belief, KOS players actually for the most part have alot of skill due to being in alot more PVP battles than a friendly player. I'm not saying, this is true across the board, but they are definately not the mindless COD players that some people make them out to be.