Sign in to follow this  
Silentine

Even Bigger Map

Idk about others and about those who love to get into gunfights often but my suggestion is.Once the game gets more features, items and guns, a extension of the map would be amazing, more bases, more buildings more abandoned cities and towns.It will really give that feeling that you are alone in the world.Encountering other players will be more rare which will increase the impact and make it intence especially if the 2 players are not on the same page.Make it will island and loading screens if it has to, (Which I think its not easy) but I really think this will make the game less deathmatch and pvp than most players make it, and more like travel, scavenge, survive, search, explore.

I'd like to see a bigger map too. Seen a post (on twitter i think) about Dean Hall wanting a snow region, so who knows...

Edited by Von_Carnage

If it were possible I'm all in for a bigger map. But I don't think that it make the game less pvp-like. People would start to kill each other because it were so rare. Everybody you meet could potentially have what you need to survive, so you have to kill him/her.

And isn't it great what is going on at the moment? Yes, there are Bandits groups that mostly kill for fun. But there are also Hero groups, and there are medic groups forming. Strangers from all over the world group together to help other strangers. How great is that? If this would happen in RL the world would be much better place. ^_^

What is happing is so much better than some other games. There is no rules to make friend or foe or alliance, and still it is happening. And it has just started.

• Like 1

Senchi the main map designer has a roadmap for development of the map including a prison and much more stuff in the northern regions

I'd like to see a bigger map too. Seen a post (on twitter i think) about Dean Hall wanting a snow region, so who knows...

Snow angels?! SNOW ANGELSSSSSSS!

Have you been up north?  There's basically another quarter of the map to be added.

Been there? pffft i've died of starvation atleast 6 times now just reading books and watching the scenery up there, can't wait for stuff to be added in.
Edited by Sarahbram

Been there? pffft i've died of starvation atleast 6 times now just reading books and watching the scenery up there, can't wait for stuff to be added in.

At least the FPS is good up there....75 the other night....usually about 40 everywhere else.

This suggestion is obsolete.

Extensions of the world of Chernarus were confirmed, even before the games alpha was released.

Such as the island of Utes (ArmA 2 island) will be appearing at the coast.

This suggestion is obsolete.

Extensions of the world of Chernarus were confirmed, even before the games alpha was released.

Such as the island of Utes (ArmA 2 island) will be appearing at the coast.

Utes is no more...hopefully a new island is implemented.

At least the FPS is good up there....75 the other night....usually about 40 everywhere else.

Stable 70-80 on my end, mmm and the scenery just so freaking lovely! 

Stable 70-80 on my end, mmm and the scenery just so freaking lovely! 

I usually roam around there, there is plenty of places to scavenge if you know where they are.I am pretty good scavenging there.

And I really think bigger map will make people to panic or be more friendly when encountering, since they wouldn't want to roam around alone.Except people who play in groups.

I usually roam around there, there is plenty of places to scavenge if you know where they are.I am pretty good scavenging there.

And I really think bigger map will make people to panic or be more friendly when encountering, since they wouldn't want to roam around alone.Except people who play in groups.

Yeah though when i have to go on my scavenging trips there on a full server it's always completely empty of loot :/