Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

What's your average lifespan?

Im alive for almost a month and a half.

I bought the game almost two months ago, and at first, a died five or six times.

I´ve been engaged a lot of times, fled a few times when out numbered, killed at least eight to ten players that engaged me.

By default im a friendly guy and I try to help, I guess i´ve been very lucky, and fortunatly met some nice folks along the way.

Hope I keep my heart beating virtually for some more time, we´ll see.... :)

Today? Ten minutes usually. The first person I see kills me on sight. Frustrating to say the least.

When I try: 20-30 hours total (over a few weeks)

When I fuck around on experimental/stable servers and run directly into Elektro/firestation: Fifteen minutes

Aaaaand Again.

I want to laugh, because you know this is usually levity.. but damn I feel bad for you man. Ive been there myself. 

• Like 1

If im in electro and there is more than 7 players on the map....... Less than 5 minutes.    But any where else i last for days.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd Again.

Alright, now its time for both of us to laugh.. 

I got shot today while in a church by a guy with a M4. Damn jihads.

It depends on how successful I am in my PvP encounters, but in comparison to other players, I don't live very long. I switch to high populated servers to start PvPing immediately after finding a weapon. Factor in the fact that I server hop to get said weapon, and you shouldn't be surprised to hear that my average life span is about 30 minutes, but I take an average of 5 players out with me every time I go. I did the whole survivor thing for a while. Got old fast. Maybe I'll start playing that way again a few updates from now. 

Edited by Solopopo

My average with glitch deaths included is probably somewhere around 15-20 hours of play time, I don't really keep track

Without glitch deaths I'm probably sitting close to 50-70 hours.

My secrets,

Always evaluate the risks and rewards,

Don't play on full servers, the majority of people there want to kill other players, if your favorite server is over 30 find somewhere else to play.

Stay in the woods unless you NEED something.

Airfields are DEATH TRAPS, only go at night or in force.

WATCH EVERYTHING, YES THERE IS A SNIPER IN THAT BUSH!

Don't fire your weapon unless absolutely necessary (or testing).

Don't approach other players without observing for a LONG TIME, don't approach players if ANYTHING seems off.

Zombies are your friends, sure they want to eat your brains but at least they are honest about it unlike the living, they can be useful as alarms and camouflage agasint the living.

Do not prosecute every threat, I got shot in BZ not to long ago, heard the shot, knew the building it came from and had a decked out M4 of my own. I disengages anyway becasue the chances of me getting a clean shot at him/her were low. He/she had a good position and a beed on me, If I did manage to shoot him/her I would have had to climb the tallest ladder in BZ to check the body. The aforementioned situation offered little reward for FAR to much risk, yet the majority of players would go for it anyway. That is why the average lifespan of a dayz character is so low.

lets see...starting fresh, 3 days of gameplay is average, with each session being a solid 4 hours.

current char is going on 8 days, with one no-play day, and there were a couple of long sessions (6+ hrs) in the mix. I have been shot 4 times, bled out twice to be fixed up by my teammates, replaced my 45, lost almost the entirety of my inventory, and all of my clothing and gear is ruined. However, I have racked up well over 2 dozen kills, most of them undergeared guys running back to their bodies during an epic 3 hour standoff in solnichny. [DUST] clan, you remember me? The sniper you never found?

Almost looking forward to getting killed so I can regear again.

lets see...starting fresh, 3 days of gameplay is average, with each session being a solid 4 hours.

current char is going on 8 days, with one no-play day, and there were a couple of long sessions (6+ hrs) in the mix. I have been shot 4 times, bled out twice to be fixed up by my teammates, replaced my 45, lost almost the entirety of my inventory, and all of my clothing and gear is ruined. However, I have racked up well over 2 dozen kills, most of them undergeared guys running back to their bodies during an epic 3 hour standoff in solnichny. [DUST] clan, you remember me? The sniper you never found?

Almost looking forward to getting killed so I can regear again.

Missed your PM's via steam last night.. our new baby had me AFK. Ill try to meet up soon with you guys on TS.. 

• Like 1

We had a chill night tonight, I only killed one bambi :D Got shot after the fact by some roving carebear patrol, but escaped. I think we all got too drunk last night and suffered too much today to put much effort into it, haha. Tomorrow though, tomorrow it is on.

• Like 1

my toon is about 40 hours old and geard up with everything ( including pressvest ) so its about time i die in balota or drop off the firestation...

TBH, i think if i wanted to I could survive indefinatly just staying up norht and becoming a forrest dweller.

But on avarage i'd say around 6-8 hours. Then i get bored and start PVPing at wich i SUCK

Hm...hard to answer for me, since I don't write the lifespans of my characters down...

On the one hand, I play carefully, observte every area before I enter it, track player movements and avoid them if they look hostile and know the usual sniper spots good enough to check them before I go somewhere, on the other hand I'm too freindly-naive (speaking with people, never shoot first, help if they ask for it etc.) for this game, a missing KoS attitude on top and that's the recipe for most of my deaths ;)

So...well soe echars lived ~20 hours because I don't met somebody that betrayed/KoSd me, some only 1 or 2...so all together I'd say somewhere around 15 hours maybe more, maybe less...

Round about 40 Hours. Than my Character randomly gets resetted without any reason.

My character is still alive since the very beginning and managed to survive a couple of start glitches too. Its important to note I don't go running around the coast looking for trouble much and I take my time and move around overly cautious. That's just the way I play which would be down right boring for a lot of players but I just enjoy the challenge of keeping that one character alive as I would me in real life.