Pvt Dolin

Gave a random guy some loot

2014_02_22_00009_2.jpg

I felt generous this evening.. so why not give?

I hugged the coast, running southbound from the northeast, until I managed to run into this guy at the gas station near Berezino.

It doesn't feel like a common theme that you find someone looking like this...

2014_02_21_00001_2.jpg

to charge at you with his SKS and expect for him to randomly toss over half of his findings.

I'd have expected the opposite from his perspective.

All in all, it felt good to help out a first-name scrub.

Here's a list of some of the things I gave to the guy:

• 1 .45 Pistol, 1 Shotgun, 1 Camo Vest, 1 Canteen w/ water, 1 Can Opener, 1 Pair of gloves, 1 Respirator, 1 Pristine Antibiotics,1 Pristine Banana, 1 Pristine Notacola, 2 Rags, etc.

I also included this note within the pile of stuff.

2014_02_22_00003_2.jpg

So... quick questions to wrap it up.

Have any of you guys tossed some gear to a random player's way out of generosity?

And if you were in his shoes, would you have taken advantage of the situation?

Thanks for reading!

-M.

• Like 5

Nice.

I like the included photos, well done my good man.

I have given a random player some stuff. It's only happened once in the SA though.

I was stalking these two guys who were just running on the road. Then while I'm sitting behind a building, listening to them talk, I hear footsteps. Next thing I know, some fresh spawn stands next to me saying he is dying of starvation. One of the guys I was stalking looked at the building I was standing behind. The fresh spawn didn't care, he just kept talking because I hadn't opened the cans for him. I swear, I could have shot him right there if my silencer had actually worked. Luckily, my prey looked away again, and the fresh spawn ran to them as bait so I could cuff them both.

I love happy endings.

And also, nice story. Being friendly feels good.

Not lately, but I have so many times in the past.

And great images man.. very nice post overall. Keep up the good work, I like the "DayZ pay-it-forward" concept too..

Always have that note on you, that way if a bandit takes your life.. he hopefully reads it and is instilled with some guilt. I know I'd feel bad and not murder for a while after that.

Spent a period of time in the early Alpha collecting up small backpacks and loading them with clothes and food and leaving them scattered around known spawn points. Don't know how well it worked as I didn't wait around to see if they were picked up and used or not. Don't think it's practical now with the spawn rates nerfed so much since then.

I plan to leave little stashes of loot around the coast, hidden in buildings with a note that says the same as my signature. 

Just a canteen, couple of cans of food and something to open it with and maybe a melee weapon or a spare pistol + a few rounds if I have one.

dat graphics, wish mine looked that good.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who've replied.

& Nice stories from the couple of you too.

Hello there

Judging from the kneeling position on the first pic, I assume you forced this poor bambi to give you a bj in exchange for loot.

Not good man, not good.

Rgds

JelqMaster

• Like 1