Sign in to follow this  
WildCatNL

Need advice finding a gun, without taking to many risks

The obvious places to go looking for a gun are air fields and military bases, but these places also attract other players and I'm certain that they have the same itchy trigger fingers as the previous players I ran in who had a gun.

Are there other locations, where you could find a weapon and have less chance of running in to other players?

Currently I believe to be some were on the south eastern coast, if I keep on following the coast line to the west, I'm certain I'll run in to the bigger towns like Elektro were I keep hearing bad stories about as well as further down to the west is an Air Strip that also isn't very welcome for new players.

So, any friendly advice to where I should be going to?

Here's the places I usually get some basic gear. I use said gear to kit up at airfields, and defend myself in the process.

Loot the power station outside Electro, but make sure to avoid other players and be very sneaky. Don't wear bright clothing, and scope it out from the treeline. More than likely others will want in on the FNX45 pistols, fire axes and magnums within the fire station.

Loot the buildings with the piano room downstairs. Downstairs there are usually food, water and clothing items. Upstairs you can find fire axes, paper, pens, and most importantly; the SKS rifle.

• Like 1

If you don't take risks you die. If you take too many risks you die.

A nice place to find guns is that one house with the big piano in the main room

Oh buddy, I am one of the best people at getting geared fast without getting into hot.

First off you need to be aware of a few houses.

Best residential house is the piano house.

T7opUpX.jpg

This is the best house because it can spawn, can openers, melee, cloths, guns, ammo, and food/water.

dayz-school.jpg?w=788

The office/school (ITS AN OFFICE)

Always a gun at the top unless its been looted

ArmA+2+graphics+comparison+2b.jpg

The red brick house that has this interior is another gun house. Very useful.

In the next update (current experimental) they are also adding clinics and police stations around the map, police stations spawn up to 3 or even 4 main guns some times.

Now where you can find the location of all these buildings...well have fun im not going to go into detail at where every single one is at, that would just be helping the enemy (everyone else).

Just head inland, there are plenty of villages large enough to have the (typically) brick buildings that usually have weapons. You can often find entirely un-looted villages if you go far enough away from the coast, even on high-pop servers (assuming it's not been ages since the last restart).

The best bet, to stay away from trouble and get well geared is beat a path towards the NWAF from the coast the does not involve passing through: Cherno, Electro, Balota, or Berezino. If you can do that, and loot along the way you have so many options it would be crazy if by the time you made it to the NWAF you were not almost fully geared. It will take you several hours, but its very possible via that route. 

What slyguy said up a few posts.

Head inland if you want guns with minimal contact. I was at stary yesterday where I found over 5 guns and no one around for miles

PM me, I can show you a few places, you will never ever ever encounter anyone there.Atleast I haven't for like the 20 something times i went there.The chance for guns there is average but, huge possibility for gun attachments and suplies.

Edited by Silentine