timedance

Character wipes still happening?

Had this happen to me once, logged out in the middle of nowhere and when I logged back in my pants, backpack, and gun were gone, but my hoodie, motorcycle helmet, fire axe, boots, and ammo for the gun were still there. I was also still at healthy status with no ruined gear, so it's not like someone knocked me unconcious and looted things. That was weird. As for full character wipes, I've not had any except when they performed the actual wipe just a bit after release.

Edited by dvsilverwing

I never lost a character on DayZ with these wipe bugs. After all, these are not bugs to speak of. Just join official protected server and not some who's name are like "Dave's supercoooool surver, join!". These servers don't have a good connection to the database. So if you spawn as a fresh spawn, you can assume these two things. You either died while logging out, or you entered a server that has problems connecting to the database. To avoid losing all of your progress if you come with the latter, just instantly disconnect and connect to another server.

Oh, I didn't know that servers could have these kind of problems. But I don't think that server hosted by GamingDeluxe could have connection problems to database, right? Or am I wrong? Sorry if it is stupid question but I dont know too much about servers and if they are official, just go to one with name that doesn't look weirdly  :D 

Edited by Ordokon

Happened to me for the first time last night. 

Logged back into the server I was just kicked from and viola, everything restored. Then just log out again as normal and you should be fine.

You guys don't consider that sometimes you log out in a obvious spot/combat log and get shot.. ?

You guys don't consider that sometimes you log out in a obvious spot/combat log and get shot.. ?

Yes, that could happened, but I am 100% sure it wasn't my case, because i was playing with a friend and he was next to my character, watching how it disappeared while logging out.

Anyway it really seems to issue with server connection to database...

Edited by Ordokon

yeah i obviously got punched in the face and my dirty aggressor took my shoes rather than mosin with scope + bipod + compensator all pristine , when i'm in a place it takes more than 30s to go in , yeah makes sense

• Like 1

So as of the maintenance this week, I've lost all of my gear 3 times and countless fresh spawn bodies when logging out and trying to go onto another server.

Geared prior to the servers going down, I safely logged out in a very, very remote area with no one on the server but my friend who was off in Balota (I was in Kamy). No zombies in sight. Went through the trees up north and logged out. Logged in after servers came back up, had my gear, server was completely dead. Decided to just get back at it the next day. Logged out for the night in basically the same spot, still, no zombies around me and no one on the server this time, not even my friend.

Logged in the next day as a fresh spawn. Geared up on that very server for 2-3 hours. Lots and lots of running and going from town to town. North east to Balota. 100% decked out, couldn't ask for a better outfit/setup. Logged out in the apartments of Cherno/Balota. 1 Person on the server, I had spent more time around Balota/Cherno then anywhere. No one in sight. Logged out in the first floor too, so, it's not like I'd log in and magically fall through the floor from 3243434 feet in the sky to my death. Logged in on the next server as a fresh spawn.

Extremely mad, stopped playing for the day basically. Got on today, felt like a good day. Geared for 2 hours. Decided to hop servers because the server I was on had no one on it.

logged in

as

a

fresh

spawn

no error message, no zombies, no people on the server. No clipping through floors or walls, nothing. No hunger, no thirst. No deleting folders or files. Just flat out resets.

W H Y?

Also for what it's worth, I'm not the only one. Several of my friends have randomly been reset lately. 

I got reset. It seems that not all servers are created equal. For example, I never get reset on Orcz (the lowest latency server) but get reset randomly upon joining a high latency server.

• Like 1

I got reset. It seems that not all servers are created equal. For example, I never get reset on Orcz (the lowest latency server) but get reset randomly upon joining a high latency server.

I never once had this issue before this weeks maintenance though. Is it fair to assume they screwed something up?

I never once had this issue before this weeks maintenance though. Is it fair to assume they screwed something up?

Bug is as old as the alpha. It does seem to hit in "waves" though, where I'll see a rush of forum posts and updates to the bug tracker (and team members getting wiped for no reason). It does seem to be hive communication problems that cause it, perhaps a server is mid-write on the hive update when the communication cuts off, resulting in a corrupt save? Best guess, it would certainly fit with my "laggy servers" theory.

kinda necroing it but i logged today , didn't played since my last message on this thread.

Got the same prob again , loosing my backpack but keeping my cloth and weapon. I'm alone to bug like that?

This has happened to me in the last 24 hours. Fully geared, I logged out then re-logged a little while later. Briefly saw my character with the appropriate stuff, then 'poof' I'm on the coast again as a new spawn. This has happened a couple of times in the last day and is a tad frustrating.

Edited by pickerrs

I made a few posts about that spawn on coast bug or maybe it's a hive issue.

Check here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177404-hive-problems/#entry1819941

If that helps.

"That happened to me once only so far. Luckily I'd read online what to do in such a case.

If a geared avvy spawns as a fresh toon, do nothing--do not tap Enter, do not move. Once you do that, the game is saved and you are screwed. Just Esc and get to another server. That should reset you to where you last logged out.

It worked for me."

Edited by tarascon

Yep, a hassle to be sure. It's happened to me a few times on log-in. I don't mind that a soda can or two are suddenly empty. But a couple days ago I logged-in and my filled up ammo box went missing. Damn! I miss my ammo box.

I guess I shouldn't complain; at least I had my clothes. :lol:

I thought charecter wipes were fixed in the last patch but a buddy of mine just got wiped and it was not cause he accidentally joined a hardcore server.....out of all the bugs and glitches in alpha i hate! this one the most

I personally believe people complaining about wipes have actually been killed during their 30 logout.  Be it an infected or another player.

• Like 6

Had issues logging into the servers last night and when I finally did I was back on the beach.

Insta quit the game, left it about 10 minutes then tried again and my character was back.

The issue of servers not linking correctly to the hive still exists so just log out and wait a while to see if that fixes it.

when i was in military base finally got full loot it was time to change to a bit more populated server so i could bring my mosin for some pvp. but when i changed i spawned at the coast as a black female.. i didnt die or anything i just changed server and it happend..

You were probably killed after you logged off the server

You stay in game for 30 seconds afterwards

Or did you combat log at the base while getting shot at?

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

when i was in military base finally got full loot it was time to change to a bit more populated server so i could bring my mosin for some pvp. but when i changed i spawned at the coast as a black female.. i didnt die or anything i just changed server and it happend..

Probably had your geared char on a Regular server and changed to a Hardcore server, then (or vice versa).

• Like 1

no i either got killed or changed to a hardcore server! it was a regular server and i was the only one on the server i changed from

no i either got killed or changed to a hardcore server! it was a regular server and i was the only one on the server i changed from

This is a known issue. Did it display an error message? Or did you just log back on at the beach?

• Like 1

This is a known issue. Did it display an error message? Or did you just log back on at the beach?

no message/error message or anything..