thequantum

On experimental, does the raincoat prevent you from getting wet?

When I tried it:

My trousers got wet, my backpack got wet, my hat got wet, my shoes got wet.

Now, the rain coat doesn't protect those areas - it only protects the torso.

The rain coat also got more wet than the other clothes that I wore and it took (alot) longer to dry off than the other things.

With that said, it could very well be that it's WAI and it just keeps the torso part of your body dry.

Edit: Finished a sentence

Edited by LeChat
  • Like 1

When I tried it:

My trousers got wet, my backpack got wet, my hat got wet, my shoes got wet.

Now, the rain coat doesn't protect those areas - it only protects the torso.

The rain coat also got more wet than the other clothes that I and it took (alot) longer to dry off than the other things.

With that said, it could very well be that it's WAI and it just keeps the torso part of your body dry.

There are currently no pants i dont think that give protection from wet weather as fare as i know yet. Hopefully there will be latter as well as gloves of some type. What about bike and other types of helms? Do they get wet too?

Not at all. I'm wearing one now and my character gets the Damp, Wet, Soaking status just as quickly as wearing anything else.

All clothes including the raincoat get wet which is no different than wearing anything else.

• Like 1

When the status on my pristine green raincoat went from wet to damp, the quality was brought down to worn.

Seems all clothing gets wet, including lackered plastic motobike helmits (are they fibergalss? do i care?). Damp and wet mechanics currently have no effect what so ever (just saw last post :p), so don't worry, hopefully when you get sick/ loose energy from this the mechanics will make sence and we can light fires to get dry. Also any devs reading this, how long does a gun have to be wet to get ******, plz no butthurt we are fragile.

Edited by Iowa23

When the status on my pristine green raincoat went from wet to damp, the quality was brought down to worn.

Please don't be working as intended.  :|

Please don't be working as intended.  :|

That kind of defeats the purpose of a rain coat working as intended if its going to get you soaking wet....lol

Hmmm I've played for extended periods in the rain but have never had any of my clothes get wet unless I wade through a pond or stream.

Rain gets you wet on the Experimental Servers

Edited by Hutch

I'm very curious what the system will bring for the future...

• If a raincoat really only protects the torso (WAI?) we need several more items...
    • Rubber boots to prevent the feet from getting wet
    • Maybe some kind of "rain pants" (no idea what they are called in english :D) (look this picture)
    • Propably rainproof hats (helmets?)
    • Waterproof bagpacks or safe boxes?
  • So in order to be "weather safe" you'll always need to carry around these items in case it starts raining...
    • Will there be some kind of poncho? (picture)
    • A poncho would protect torso, legs & bagpacks, so you would only need boots

If I understood correctly, trees protect from rain same as buildings, it that true? 

• Like 1

• If a raincoat really only protects the torso (WAI?) we need several more items...
    • Maybe some kind of "rain pants" (no idea what they are called in english :D) (look this picture)
  • So in order to be "weather safe" you'll always need to carry around these items in case it starts raining...

If I understood correctly, trees protect from rain same as buildings, it that true? 

Dude we have wellies. They dont get wet. So those boots your talking about are already in game. Next time you find a pair put them on and tread in water.

I have been trying it out and this is what I have on the subject...

Not wearing a raincoat means you are soaked in less than a minute. Just going outside is enough, it happens almost too quickly to describe. One moment you are dry and the next minute the tag next to your avatar in the items list is "SOAKED". There is little in the way of transition between the two states 

Putting a raincoat on considerably delays the time it takes to get soaked. Your character goes through a transition from damp, wet & soaked. In my experience in takes about 15 - 30 mintes to become soaked. I have the impression that the better the condition the raincoat is in, the longer the process takes. Sewing kits do not seem to improve raincoats.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

Yes - trees protect against rain. I haven't tried it for any extended period of time and I'm not sure if they differ in any way from houses for instance. Irl, it would be hard to stay completely dry even underneath a tree depending on the tree and the amount of rain of course.

I'm guessing that the system will turn you cold if you're staying wet or damp for extended periods, which in return would drain more energy from your body. I guess that loss of energy and being wet would also make you more susceptible to catching a cold and/or disease/infection (due to suppressed immune system). That's the links I can see at least - given the information we have gotten here and there. Being sick in return will probably have effects as well. Purely speculating here, but it seems logical.

The first three backpacks in the game, taloon, mountain and hunter - should be water resistant to begin with, I guess depending on the condition of said items. But they're all backpacks designed for outdoors activities (mountain climbing, hiking and hunting). Taloon is (or at least seems to be) based off of Osprey Talon backpacks and those are water resistant - which of course doesn't equal water proof which I guess the protector boxes will be, since they are irl) - I guess that mountain backpacks are water resistant as well. The hunter's packback might not be though, some are - some aren't.

I play on experimental broseph.

Let me reiterate regardless of your current experience: Rain gets you wet on experimental.

seems even if i step in a pond my entire clothes gets wet

and trees and bushes protect you from rain, ive tried it out.  not sure about the long term though, as mentioned above under a tree you would still get wet to some extent (big annoying rain drops IRL - so annoying lol)

Where is the best place to find a raincoat so I can try it out?

Cheers