Sign in to follow this  
mrSnaku (DayZ)

How would you feel about

NPCs being in the game?Not the type that would murder you preferably, lets leave that to the players, but NPCs that need help like being bandaged,painkillers or just giving them certain items that you may or may not have on you.helping or robbing/killing them could give negative/positive humanity for those who want a "Hero"or "Bandit"system of some kind.I KNOW one of the main draws to the game is interacting with other living players but its just a thought!

• Like 1

I'd like this. But it would probably come a lot later down the line, if at all. It would add a lot more to do for those who have achieved "end-game". They could also make the NPCs dynamic. By that I mean whenever a server restarts, you won't find the same NPCs asking for the same items in the same locations.

id say no and as the devs have stated we have the only npcs we are going to get the zombies.. A npc is AI so its artificial there trying to get things more authentic so the un natural feel of a npc does not fit that ..

It fits for zombies as they are un natural do not respond to talking they merely try to make you lunch....

you mean NPCs that simulate real players?

...why?

it would just make all the encounters with them feel scripted and you'd know what happens, it's basically a shitty version of player interaction. if your problem is not enough of these types of interactions with players then understand that in later builds I expect shooting players on sight to be a far less enticing interaction even for bandits so things will probably get more interesting on their own.

No, nope, no no no no nope.

We have real people, they are much more lively.

I wouldn't want to see friendly npc's but they either need to up the player count to 150 or add some hostile npcs. I played the other day on a 60 person experimental server, full up, and from Berezino to Kamenka along the coast then north to Stary Sobor I saw a grand total of two players, both in Elektro. Sadly they had hatchets and thought it would be funny to try their hands at No Pants in Elektro! and got shot in the face before I could ask where the hell everyone was. The last time I played Epoch, though, I was in seven hostile encounters in two hours building a base in the middle of nowhere. 

The bigger problem is people either want to play house along the coast or camp a tree near one of the military drops and it got stale real fast.

I think NPC's should be limited to.

1. zombies.

2. animals.

3.  Maybe things in the distance.  Like Huey flying overhead real fast to make the world feel more lifelike.  To remind you that there is not only random survivors running around.  

But no other humans on the ground besides players please.

I stopped reading at NPC. 

But took the time to comment?It said NPC in the tag :p

I know it would be very unlikely for this to be in the game and i agree that it would be simulating interaction or feel scripted.me and a buddy were talking about this last time we played and i wanted here some opinions on it.NPCs could give rewards like a weapon OR food besides good/bad humanity but i suppose these items can be found by just scavenging.If i were a new player though and an NPC traded me a weapon for food or vice versa it would be more of a positive experience than asking a player to trade who then shoots me in the head!I guess making a choice and being killed for it is just part of the game though and it would be a lesson well learned :) If im a bandit i could kill that NPC and take his pants,hoodie,knife or whatever!

Most the NPCs would be slaughtered by bandits anyways!I for one dont think it would be necessarily BAD.NPCs could spawn like loot when a server restarts and always be a different character model in a different place with a different item like OldMan said.

3.  Maybe things in the distance.  Like Huey flying overhead real fast to make the world feel more lifelike.  To remind you that there is not only random survivors running around.  

I think that would be really cool

Edited by mrSnaku

I think what OP really wants is multiplayer Fallout.

Dont worry OP, Fallout MMO might happen some day.

THIS, is neither that day nor that game.

Sorry, but a large and unwavering no from me on this idea.

I don't see how they could possibly work to the advantage of DayZ. Let's leave things like this to modders after the game gets to release.