Sign in to follow this  
combatcomm1

Rocket, please DO NOT remove slow vault animation.

I cant even believe this is in consideration. The more animations and possible things and ways we can move the better, for one. Instead of taking it out, bind it to another key.

I personally play stealthy and try to avoid confrontation. I crawl up to a fence. Go crouch and slowly step over into crouch again. From there I can go prone again all without making insane amounts of movement that is only going to serve to draw attention from players and zombies.

Dont give in to this COD FPS twitch shooter population where everything has to be fast paced. Please. Dont sell out. Think about the stealth play style, encourage and nurture it as well as the other styles.

Edited by VictorM
  • Like 4

Perhaps they shouldn't remove the slow vault entirely, but having an option to quickly climb over a fence when you aren't running is a good idea. Maybe with a combination keybind, like what is used to walk/run. 

I doubt they will ever remove it entirely. If you are running it should always be the hop animation, but if you are slow walking/crouching/stationary it should do the vault. A hop over a fence would make no sense while stationary.

• Like 1

This wouldn't be an issue if the code didn't just have you step over slowly when your walking and vault when jogging running...ugh. I also hope it stays.

Edited by Thane

This wouldn't be an issue if the code didn't just have you step over slowly when your walking and vault when jogging running...ugh.

This is probably the issue that people are complaining about when it comes to the current implementation. A general fix would to be allow both a jump/vault and a seperate climb over as we have now but initiated from seperate key presses i.e. under player control. The current set up seems to be too reliant on near perfect timing of key presses that don't take into account server/network lag, etc.

But I'd definately not like to see it removed.

This is probably the issue that people are complaining about when it comes to the current implementation. A general fix would to be allow both a jump/vault and a seperate climb over as we have now but initiated from seperate key presses i.e. under player control. The current set up seems to be too reliant on near perfect timing of key presses that don't take into account server/network lag, etc.

But I'd definately not like to see it removed.

Well, we need to make a ruckus then because he said "who the hell ever wants to do that!?!" (refering the slow vault) in the Eurogamer stream and said he was thinking about taking it out. 

He did also say though that it's subject to community opinion so please either keep this thread going or go comment on the reddit version of this topic since we all know the devs hate this forum and ONLY comment on reddit. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ylbay/rocket_please_do_not_remove_slow_vault/

the audio levels between walk and run need to be greatly different to allow stealth .. Currently to me they sound well to close in the level of sound...

I guy belting it down the road is going to make more noise than a guy doing a slow crouch walk..

Make stealth movement more of an option and thus the slow vault far more valuable.. seriously as it stands it is no use i make so much noise moving i may aswell run at a enemy to get position as he knows i am coming any way...

If he knows i am coming than the rush surprise is my only option rather than a decent stalking of him/her

• Like 1

If your fists are up, you jump. If they are down you crawl. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Also, source where you saw rocket saying anything about vaulting please. Id like to read his thoughts on it.

Edited by Judopunch

Newp...

Pretty sure if you've reloaded within the past hour and also picked up a hat and been attacked by a zombie up to 2 times, but not more than 5, then you vault.

Edited by Thane

If your fists are up, you jump. If they are down you crawl. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Also, source where you saw rocket saying anything about vaulting please. Id like to read his thoughts on it.

Watch his euro gamer stream he basicly said straight out he wants to remove the vault his words were in what situation would you ever want to do this ( he showed the slow vault) over doing this ( he then demonstrated the jump over a fence).

I dont see a need to remove it.. if Im moving slowly, I slow vault. If Im running, I jump. No broke, no fix.

i want to vault like a gymnast

only double forward flips over fences, you hear me devs!!!