Atroxy

grouping in DayZ.

I know it's a subject rocket has spoken about in the past. But wonder what his thoughts are about letting people group and giving people the tools to find eachother?

I know there are risks of people grouping to lay waste to anyone who crosses their paths... . But when I want to play DayZ with friends it is always such a pain in the *** to find eachother.

I wonder what the possibilities are for grouping?

• Like 1

Skype, walkie talkies, dayzDB map, etc.

There are a lot of tools to team up.

• Like 2

As basinox said above, a map and some form of in/out-game comms is all you need. A full squad/team setup similar to the other ArmA games seems to be out of place in DayZ. If your group is big enough to warrant its use, it is usually too big to remain coherent whatever the tool, and if it is smaller it is not neccessary.

learn how to navigate and it won't seem so hard? if by grouping you mean by finding each other

if by grouping you mean finding people to play with, just use the forums you're less likely to be dissapointed and dead. 

learn how to navigate and it won't seem so hard? if by grouping you mean by finding each other

if by grouping you mean finding people to play with, just use the forums you're less likely to be dissapointed and dead.

I mean creating an ingame party without having to rely on maps or external tools. I don't believe it's that hard for them to create an ingame party system like we see in mmo games were you invite your friends through steam and they join the same server and enter your party at the same time. Arma has a party system aswell ...

Ofc I know how to navigate. I've been playing dayz ever since it first launched. I know chernarus and many other maps.

The reason why I brought this up, is because this subject was spoken about a whole while back. And rocket said that grouping is something they are looking into doing, but no details have been brought up ever since. So I wonder where they stand on the idea of letting people party ingame, with ingame tools.

Edited by Atroxy

I know it's a subject rocket has spoken about in the past. But wonder what his thoughts are about letting people group and giving people the tools to find eachother?

Is anyone stopping you from grouping now?

Navigation is a survival skill and if you can't use a map to find your friends, then you are doomed to die.

• Like 1

Is anyone stopping you from grouping now?

No, and i don't see what it has got anything to do with the subject hand ;-)

• Like 1

Navigation is a survival skill and if you can't use a map to find your friends, then you are doomed to die.

If you have read my past posts, you would have read that I'm not new to dayz and yes I know perfectly well how to navigate in dayz.

But this is not the subject. I'm talking about a matter that rocket himself spoke about a while back. I feel like I'm being critisised for an idea that was mentioned by the creator himself. An idea I wouldn't see any downside in. An ingame tool that would only give players benefits and will reduce friendly fire.

This topic is not about questioning someones ability to navigate, it's a case of allowing friends to party in an easier more accessible way. Like Isaid before, arma has a party system aswell. And I don't see why people would be against it, honestly.

• Like 1

grouping system exist now :huh:

is call navigate and meet with friend system ;)

is simple IF YOU HAVE BRAIN :huh:

step 1 - ask 'where I am?' :huh:

step 2 - ask 'where is friend?' :huh:

step 3 - move to place half way from friend and friend move also same place and meet :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

learn to read signs and where is sun, look for compass or if you want to cheat use 3rd party map and apply some intelligence and everything happen nice easy way :P

no lazy bastard short cuts for this game please, is point everything require efforts

this is where satisfy feel coming from ;)  ;)

Are you calling me dumb? I do believe there is something like curtosy and replying with a little bit of common sense.

I aint going to repeat myself. Read my posts.... .

Guys. There is no grouping system build into the game. Everything has to be done externaly, why they can build in a party system into the game like in arma. I don't see why so many are revolting ... .

If you have read my past posts, you would have read that I'm not new to dayz and yes I know perfectly well how to navigate in dayz.

But this is not the subject. I'm talking about a matter that rocket himself spoke about a while back. I feel like I'm being critisised for an idea that was mentioned by the creator himself. An idea I wouldn't see any downside in. An ingame tool that would only give players benefits and will reduce friendly fire.

This topic is not about questioning someones ability to navigate, it's a case of allowing friends to party in an easier more accessible way. Like Isaid before, arma has a party system aswell. And I don't see why people would be against it, honestly.

Thats because you don't appear to be ArmA veteran. If arma type squad system is implemented, then large squads/clans can sweep the entire world

and annihilate everything on their path without problems simply cause they are constantly aware of the situation and positioning, without communication.

That is why in DayZ you have communicate with your teammates and have clothing restrictions or have unified shirt/hat colors, but do not wear

ttsk camouflage, helmets, masks or you cannot be identified by friendlies, that causes one of two things. Either person hesitates to shoot this

unknown person and dies for it (cause its generic clothing) or takes the shot and may end up killing a friendly. 

Besides the current mechanic makes situations far more intense.

There are suggestions of adding arm bands that will be indicators of friendlies.

I mean creating an ingame party without having to rely on maps or external tools. I don't believe it's that hard for them to create an ingame party system like we see in mmo games were you invite your friends through steam and they join the same server and enter your party at the same time. Arma has a party system aswell ...

The only function I can see parties adding which wouldn't fly in the face of what they're trying to do with the game is having party members have their names show for others in the group when scrolled over. Even that probably wouldn't be accepted.

External is key, I think. Has to be based on what you can do to make yourself identifiable for your group. Armbands would be a good idea in my opinion - colour and symbol coded, with customisable symbols.