Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

How do you hold so many weapons Mr. Dead Guy?

So I  just killed this guy.. and I am perplexed as to how he did this but he had:

Moisin on his back. 

M4 in his hands.

Sawed off in the backpack with an FNX45.

Chest vest had an FNX45 as well. 

How the heck do you have 2 primaries on you without bagging either one? I tried and tried to see how he had it, and it basically just would not let me pick up the other weapon like he had it. Now I feel noobish and want to know what Im missing. Any help?

You can hold a larger weapon in your hands while another is on your back, but if you interact with anything (eating, bandaging, etc.) you'll drop the one in your hands and you constantly have to manage that... I often carry two guns and run around looking for someone to take one off my hands. LOL 

So I  just killed this guy.. and I am perplexed as to how he did this but he had:

Moisin on his back. 

M4 in his hands.

How the heck do you have 2 primaries on you without bagging either one? I tried and tried to see how he had it, and it basically just would not let me pick up the other weapon like he had it. Now I feel noobish and want to know what Im missing. Any help?

Place primary on back, look at weapon on ground, press F or select "take into hand" in the inventory screen.

• Like 1

You can have 1 primary on your back.  With your hands empty you can can select the other "primary weapon" and select "Take into hands" and it will put it in your hands, thus allowing you to have 2 primarys.

In this case I imagine he had a Mosin for sniping and the M4 for close quaters stuff; or just being a hoarder......

• Like 1

Place primary on back, look at weapon on ground, press F or select "take into hand" in the inventory screen.

Indeed. Welcome to a whole new world.

But how do you go about picking up 2 at once? I ask because I was holding my M4 and it would not let me pick up the Mos.. at all, in hands or on my back.

First, you put your rifle on your back, then when not holding ANYTHING in your hand scroll down to the weapon on the floor and select Put rifle in hands.

• Like 1

Brilliant.. thank you

Put one on your back and you can pick one up in your hands. You have to drop the one in your hands to "use" anything else. Also, you can't pick it up through the inventory screen; you must use the action key.

To allow you to keep the second primary after logging off etc you need to make sure you put second primary in your hot bar. That when you log in you just push your second primary hotbar number bang you have your second gun in hands..

I find it a pain in the ass though and only ever do it to hold a gun for a mate who has become a fresh spawn lol.... at one point i had a b95 a mosin a sawn off shottie a fnx and a magnum on me i felt like a walking gun shop .....

• Like 1

To allow you to keep the second primary after logging off etc you need to make sure you put second primary in your hot bar. That when you log in you just push your second primary hotbar number bang you have your second gun in hands..

I find it a pain in the ass though and only ever do it to hold a gun for a mate who has become a fresh spawn lol.... at one point i had a b95 a mosin a sawn off shottie a fnx and a magnum on me i felt like a walking gun shop .....

LOL.. thats just how this guy was. Being that its such a pain to hold 2 Im glad I gave up my M4 for his pristine Mos with LRS and Comp. :)

• Like 1

Man i'm carrying a SKS an FNX and a magnum and im trying to get rid of the magnum. Why would you have two pistols?? I was holding the magnum for a friend but he hasnt loged in for a while now so if you want a magnum and ammo im at NW.

LOL.. thats just how this guy was. Being that its such a pain to hold 2 Im glad I gave up my M4 for his pristine Mos with LRS and Comp. :)

A choice you wont regret specially if you use a decent secondary ... That scope works wonders for replacement for the absent binocs and for the occasional m4 user who thinks 250 m plus shots on full auto is an effective way to hit a guy in 3/4 cover... For any reading this incase your wondering its not specially when he has a LRS on a mosin.....

• Like 1

Moisin on his back. 

M4 in his hands.

Oh damn. Give me my gear back.

• Like 1

yeah i used this the other night, pretty handy, but a few times i would stop to eat or axe a zombie and realised i dropped my weapon in the grass and had to find it

Yes it can be done, would only recommend it if your going to give it away or just stashing it somewhere, it becomes a pain in the ass when you try to play with both.

• Like 1

Moisin on his back. 

M4 in his hands.

And yet he's the dead one.

• Like 1

Pretty sure he went on a gunrun to help a buddy.

Glad you wasted his face.

Damn arms dealers....  :lol:

If I'm not carrying attachments for one, i'll have the other but It comes to a point when too many weapons is pointless, because what's the point of carrying a sidearm when you are having to carry your second primary in your hands all the time?

It took me ages to find an LRS and attachments for the mosin, plus the mosin itself, but now I'm unwilling to give up my fully modded m4 that took me weeks to complete lol.

Once I'd finally found fnx attachments and a magazine the damned thing took a round and ruined it all!!

Gotta love dayz maaaayyynnn.

Edited by TheWanderingMan

Carrying two primaries is fine until you get a server reset while you're eating or using other things in your inventory: then the gun you were carrying in your hands is lost forever. Happened to me several times.

• Like 1

I've been doing this a little bit, and like other people have said, I've realized that it's not really worth it to do this.  You can't sprint when you need to, so it's a risk, and also it's really tedious to drop the weapon to kill zombies with your axe.  

Also, carrying many weapons is also inefficient in that you will have to carry all the types of ammo in your inventory, which takes up so much space.

Moisin on his back. 

M4 in his hands.

why pick up so many guns? u'll wasting time with all those guns, and will be killed soon or later, last night i  just killed a guy with my fire axe  and he had a m4,sks,fnx. and a.345  and STILL DEAD
Edited by JokerLaught