Holliday (DayZ)

Kiev Protest Blaze 95

CHANGELOG:

NEW:
added Blaze 95 to Kiev loot

In all seriousness I think the developers should watch these protests closely as much of the gear the protesters have would be a good idea for Dayz, for example the riot shield. I've seen plenty of outfits in the Kiev Riot pictures that would look good in DayZ or outfits that are even possible to make with the current build. So keep looking devs! This is sadly as close as we can get to a real life city apocalypse :(
1239794_650309015030857_836593890_n.jpg

• Like 6

I hope that the situation in Ukraine calm down fast.

This aint some 3rd world jihadist country where such things are to be expected.

I hope that the situation in Ukraine calm down fast.

This aint some 3rd world jihadist country where such things are to be expected.

That was a pretty bold statement,

But I agree, I hope things quiet down, for everyone's benefit 

Send prayers to those over in Kiev. These people know suffering and unrest like none of us will. 

Should be an idea, I do hope things calm down quickly, but they likely won't.  It's kinda past the 'disperse and you'll be granted Amnesty' phase when Police/Military APCs are on fire.  A little surprised Russian troops haven't been deployed yet, then again the cameras are just now being pointed at Ukraine.

• Like 1

I don't think it would be politically correct to adopt ideas from that "protest"

I know it's not politically correct, but isnt Chernarus "supposedly" a neighbouring country to Ukraine? Isnt this as close as we'll get to see the actual gear that would be available in a ex-soviet state?

• Like 1

I know it's not politically correct, but isnt Chernarus "supposedly" a neighbouring country to Ukraine? Isnt this as close as we'll get to see the actual gear that would be available in a ex-soviet state?

No, not connected to Ukraine i believe.

But that isn't a Blaze. Its just a Over-under shotgun, not sure which model.

Yeah, it's not boarding Ukraine, though there's a few similarities between the two, as they both boarder Russia and are Post Soviets (I'm still a bit fuzzy about the Arma2 Story, but from what I remember it almost sounds like the same thing is happening, or heading in that direction with Ukraine)  I'd agree that it's not politically correct, but a lot of things aren't, we should still learn from them (be nice if thous in power would learn how not to repeat the same mistakes that lead it this far but...).

Should be an idea, I do hope things calm down quickly, but they likely won't.  It's kinda past the 'disperse and you'll be granted Amnesty' phase when Police/Military APCs are on fire.  A little surprised Russian troops haven't been deployed yet, then again the cameras are just now being pointed at Ukraine.

I really don't hope that Russia will deploy their forces there because then it is nearly certain that EU or Nato will deploy theirs too... and frankly if that happens I really do hope that it will only divide the country in two rather than all out conflict...

Edited by Jeppe

Actually this is a nice idea to find some inspiration. Those riot shields are cool.

Russia of course wants Ukraine to be their puppet again, so we'll see.

Tough choice for the Ukraine, on the one hand be a puppet, the other, be financially economically and socially ruined by the EU. lol. I think it will get split into two to be honest, east and west, one for the EU, one for russia. None for the Ukrainian people basically. 

I have been following that story. According to what I read there has been a truce. The president gave in (so far anyways) to many of the protesters demands. So good for them for standing up for them selves.

So I think it is vary possible it averted Chechnya type of conflict. Were old Russia refused to give up its grip. I don't think we need any more conflicts going on like that.

Putin is proving himself to be a really nasty person. Between him having an ex spy shoot up with radioactive waste in a brutal way to kill a "trator". To having the band pussy riot arrested multiple times and beaten. He was also involved in the Chechnya conflict. The whole thing with Ukraine and Russia, is really similar. He makes Bush look like a saint. 

I honestly don't want to compare it or model a game after it. Its too early. They are people suffering, its real. But when I saw the pictures on yahoo, I thought the same thing. That looks like dayZ theres even people with back packs  and motorcycle helmets. Allot of it is because much of ARMA and OFP maps are meant to portray eastern EU.  

A riot shield is a great idea for the game. That's could be vary useful. I just hate the idea of modeling a game after a current crisis. 

I know one thing after seeing all the pictures and reading about it, you really don't want to piss off the Ukrainian population. Holy Crap! 

Edited by CJFlint

"A riot shield is a great idea for the game. That's could be vary useful. I just hate the idea of modeling a game after a current crisis. 

I know one thing after seeing all the pictures and reading about it, you really don't want to piss off the Ukrainian population. Holy Crap!"

+1 for first line a d both its subjects.

2nd line: US would probably be worse:  a virtaully unlimited supply of Gas, Beer bottles, Guns, ammo, and giant trucks...

I find it a bit tasteless we're taking ideas for a video game from a civil conflict in which actual people are losing their lives, as well as countless others injured and whose lives are being uprooted.

but that's just me

• Like 1

Tough choice for the Ukraine, on the one hand be a puppet, the other, be financially economically and socially ruined by the EU. lol. I think it will get split into two to be honest, east and west, one for the EU, one for russia. None for the Ukrainian people basically. 

That's probably true. TBH I can understand the position of the Ukrainian population. There recent history is one of being screwed in turn by Russia and by their own elected officials. At least with being aligned with the EU it would be someone new screwing them over for a while.

Anyway, that picture in the OP could never happen in DayZ. Everyone except the guy with the B95 would have been KoS'd before they got there. Just saying...

@DeatHTaX

At least we're talking about it. There is no way we can influence anything in that region of the world, and anyone who could is likewise not listening to us.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I find it a bit tasteless we're taking ideas for a video game from a civil conflict in which actual people are losing their lives, as well as countless others injured and whose lives are being uprooted.

but that's just me

Could be said about 99.999% of FPS games we enjoy (D-Day, Stalingrad, Pearl Harbor).  It's probably considered more taboo because its actively going on and 'we' can see it in our livingrooms, or more accurately in this day, on our phones.

but that's just me

Yeah, its sad. But theres nothing we can exactly do about it. but the reason we're talking about it gane-related is becuase it shows what gear people in Eastern Europe would grab if there were mass riots outside their homes. 

Its not like we're all like "Fuk, people are dying and They have SSh-68 helmets! Ho cares if their dying, put it in DayZ!"

Basically what your saying is like saying its wrong to add guns becuase hundreds of people are killed by guns each day.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 2

Chernarus doesn't exist.

Chernarus doesn't exist.

And thats why he said "Supposedly". Duh. Think before you post. Zombies don't exist either, but they do ingame, just like chernarus.

• Like 1

CHANGELOG:

NEW:

added Blaze 95 to Kiev loot

In all seriousness I think the developers should watch these protests closely as much of the gear the protesters have would be a good idea for Dayz, for example the riot shield. I've seen plenty of outfits in the Kiev Riot pictures that would look good in DayZ or outfits that are even possible to make with the current build. So keep looking devs! This is sadly as close as we can get to a real life city apocalypse :(

Look not to be "that guy" but this doesn't really register as the thing to say while all of this is happening and costing peoples lives. I mean sure they are wearing clothing that resembles what we see in DayZ but to say "Hey look at that guy fighting his gov't and risking his life! We need that in game!" is a little overboard.....

Edited by Morrow

Yeah, its sad. But theres nothing we can exactly do about it. but the reason we're talking about it gane-related is becuase it shows what gear people in Eastern Europe would grab if there were mass riots outside their homes. 

Its not like we're all like "Fuk, people are dying and They have SSh-68 helmets! Ho cares if their dying, put it in DayZ!"

Basically what your saying is like saying its wrong to add guns becuase hundreds of people are killed by guns each day.

No what he is saying is exploiting this civil-conflict (may soon escalate way more out of control with Russia throwing some weight around) is very (for loss of a more subtle word) morally fucked to hell.