Sign in to follow this  
Kukui

World to small?

Does anyone else feel like everything is too small when compared to the size of your char's? A normal person is not as tall/wide as a normal doorway, or so tall that a picket fence only comes to our knees.

Look at the machete, it's more like a butter knife. I mean, I understand you can get small machetes, but when I think of one, im thinking of something with a blade of like 15".

Everything just seems very out of proportion. 

I would like to see buildings like this:

SDM_interior.jpg

Edited by Kukui
  • Like 4

Hadn't really noticed or payed much attention to it.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Is that a serious question?

If you are going to post, then read before doing so. Otherwise, piss off.

• Like 2

Shouldn't the question be: Is the player too big?

Never noticed it before, but i think you are right.

Does anyone else feel like everything is to small when compared to the size of your char's? A normal person is not as tall/wide as a normal doorway, or so tall that a picket fence only comes to our knees.

Look at the machete, it's more like a butter knife. I mean, I understand you can get small machetes, but when I think of one, im thinking of something with a blade of like 15".

Everything just seems very out of proportion. 

You missed an 'o' in the word to. It should be 'too' small.

It's not something I've ever really noticed much but I can see what you mean.

Could it be that the population of Chernarus are generally small while us survivors are big lads from Yorkshire looking for whilte bread and lard?

Mind you, in some places these days plenty of peole have problems passing through doorways, so I suppose DayZ has its finger on the pulse of modern society, zeitgeist style :rolleyes:  

Actually several times I've felt I was to small trying to look in a window in first person or trying to see if there is a map on that top shelf.  It might be both 1st person perspective need some slight adjusting while the character actually gets shrunk a little.

How many times have you gotten wedged into the doorways trying to loot the schools?

+1 if yes lulz

• Like 1

How many times have you gotten wedged into the doorways trying to loot the schools?

+1 if yes lulz

Some buildings are weirdly small yeah.

And on the flipside... some ground floor places your character can BARELY see into the windows at all theyre so high up!

You missed an 'o' in the word to. It should be 'too' small.

It's not something I've ever really noticed much but I can see what you mean.

Could it be that the population of Chernarus are generally small while us survivors are big lads from Yorkshire looking for whilte bread and lard?

Mind you, in some places these days plenty of peole have problems passing through doorways, so I suppose DayZ has its finger on the pulse of modern society, zeitgeist style :rolleyes:

You missed a "p" in the word peole. It should be "people". Edited by kevv87
  • Like 1

Oh, I've always thought that we were playing DayZ - Gulliver's Travels.

Yeah, in some cases I've been thinking about the size of objects. But not that it particularly bothered me.

You missed a "p" in the word peole. It should be "people".

Haha I also wrote "whilte" instead of "white", that'll teach me :)

the only thing that has really bothered me is the crashed BMPs, I mean they are APCs and you would have to lie down to be in the back of them. Of course this is just nitpicking and not really a huge issue

I'm like 6'1" and I'm almost as tall as the doorways in my house but not as wide. The picket fences look more like garden fences than privacy fences, something nice to put around the yard without obstructing any views. The BMPs do look a bit small though honestly. I know you can't stand in the things but I don't think a grown man in combat gear could even sit in one of the ingame models.

I really hope they, at the very least, increase the size of the cars (when they add them) and the machete. It will be very weird if we are driving around, looking like we are all packed into a clown car.

Never thought about it until you bought it up but yes some thing seem a touch small and other time (like the windows mmmmmmm) they feel like they where made for giant's

for 100 of players it is definitly too small

You didn't read anything other the the title, did you?

• Like 2

yeah, some things seem too big but most things appear to be too small, I don't know if it's just the perspectives.

i think it's most pronounced on the aesthetic only doorways, they seem so teensy.

If you are going to post, then read before doing so. Otherwise, piss off.

Hey fuck you buddy I posted early then re-read the post.  I thought you (like many have done before) were bitching about map size.  I re-read your post and edited my reply so calm your face.  Beans for the Fallout pic.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Hey fuck you buddy I posted early then re-read the post.  I thought you (like many have done before) were bitching about map size.  I re-read your post and edited my reply so calm your face.  Beans for the Fallout pic.

And i made that post BEFORE u edited yours..so...