Rick1633

Why putting heart attacks in game makes no sense

Are you easily irritated?

If you must know, the forums auto search for you when you try to make a new topic. There was no topic discussing heart attacks.  :rolleyes:

asked and answered thousand times = lol, then answered 1001 time xD

I figured it out.   Moderators are taught to help keep criticism of the game buried.  It explains a lot.

I think at this stage in the DEV cycle when cars are still not implemented and we are forced to run for 10 to 20 straight minutes to get anywhere valuable that implementing this feature is slightly counter productive....

Maybe after vehicles have been introduced this would be a more interesting mechanic, but to have something might slow down travel when there is NO other way to get around might make the game tedious. We shall see tho.

I have no idea how this will work in game. besides, zombies jumping out of bushes and players shooting me when I least expect it gives me heart attacks aplenty in real life...sod heart attacks in game too  :D

I figured it out. Moderators are taught to help keep criticism of the game buried. It explains a lot.

What are you talking about?

We shall see tho.

Yeah I guess. Since it's a placeholder anything can happen. Just wondering you guys thoughts on this and how it is implemented in the experimental. I didnt have time to play experimental. 

Hope they add aspirin to the loot table. If not then its a dumb idea! How about fixing ghost sounds or ghost zombies?

Hope they add aspirin to the loot table. If not then its a dumb idea! How about fixing ghost sounds or ghost zombies?

Uh oh.  You just said something that makes too much sense.  The Dayz project hates logic.   Im so tired of just starting to enjoy the game only to suddenly be attacked by a zombie that walked through 3 fucking walls.  It destroys the immersion of the game.   I would rather have no add ons until I see physics fixed.

• Like 1

Uh oh.  You just said something that makes too much sense.  The Dayz project hates logic.   Im so tired of just starting to enjoy the game only to suddenly be attacked by a zombie that walked through 3 fucking walls.  It destroys the immersion of the game.   I would rather have no add ons until I see physics fixed.

Little bud you are all over the place. Calm down and stick to the topic of heart attacks.

Topics merged.

3 Topics concerning heart attacks is unnecessary and just clutters the Forums.

Use the Search Tool or take the time to look through the Forums before making a Topic.

Topics merged.

4 Topics concerning heart attacks is unnecessary and just clutters the Forums.

Use the Search Tool or take the time to look through the Forums before making a Topic.

• Like 2

Topics merged.

4 Topics concerning heart attacks is unnecessary and just clutters the Forums.

I did use the search tool. I didn't find a topic on the first page. I am not going to go through pages and pages just to start a discussion. But hey that's just me.

I wish people understood the term "realism".. By the end of development i see this game having god damn near every disease known to man that isnt cured through vaccines(polio, smallpox n all that stuff).

If your complaining about heart attacks, your probably gonna hate this game when its done.

Also, how in the hell is a STD more logical than a heart attack? i dont recall any interaction options involving rape or anything close to being sexual, so how the fuck would we contract syphilis or gonorrhea or someshit? did it all magically become airborne when the zombies started?

a running simulator where you get a heart attack for running..

I do not support this.

I will flat out refuse to play this game if I have to take breaks when running between towns

I wish people understood the term "realism".. By the end of development i see this game having god damn near every disease known to man that isnt cured through vaccines(polio, smallpox n all that stuff).

If your complaining about heart attacks, your probably gonna hate this game when its done.

Also, how in the hell is a STD more logical than a heart attack? i dont recall any interaction options involving rape or anything close to being sexual, so how the fuck would we contract syphilis or gonorrhea or someshit? did it all magically become airborne when the zombies started?

Well, maybe the infected person had it? why not? its in their saliva, you get bit, you got it. Its not a boy or girl, its an std.

Hi there

I read/heard that it was not going to be random...it is caused by severe trauma or blood loss...

I also heard that in the future it was going to be link with your char. nutrition...

Oh...and i agree and like this feature...makes the game more interesting and hard

Btw...Diseases like scurvy sounds logical and a nice feature to have ingame...

Edited by XjoseX

what is the problem here in my opinion:

you need another person to revive you with a working defib.

unless you can actively supress your heart attack rate through aspirin or rest this is going to cause a lot of rage.

You peeps need to calm down until we find out exactly what causes heart attacks and how frequently they will occur. You're complaining about a subject in which next to nothing is confirmed.

I haven't played much DayZ in the last week, but I surely haven't seen any stay heart attack victims littering Chernarus.

I still *think* that it's going to be (or already is) more or less cardiac arrest brought on by severe trauma.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I apologize.  I have been a real dick lately.   Im calming down and will stop bitching.     Im feeling hopeful about the new physics announcement in dev blog.     So heart attacks no longer concern me because now i know they are really working on the real problems with the game.    

You peeps need to calm down until we find out exactly what causes heart attacks and how frequently they will occur. You're complaining about a subject in which next to nothing is confirmed.

I haven't played much DayZ in the last week, but I surely haven't seen any stay heart attack victims littering Chernarus.

I still *think* that it's going to be (or already is) more or less cardiac arrest brought on by severe trauma.

I concur... Moaning about a problem that none of us have taken the time to thoroughly research is childish nonsense. More testing is needed.

If you put heart attack, that affects the running, you cannot run nonstop, which affects your hunger and thirst (which are not in any way even close to irl) cause you should run faster to get to the other town to find food but you can't cause you might get a heart attack which forces you to walk, but if you walk, you will die from hunger/thirst.The normal human body does not require food so often, water and drinks yes but not food, no matter how much you run.Anyway see the chain of problems one thing can make?

Edited by Silentine

If you put heart attack, that affects the running, you cannot run nonstop, which affects your hunger and thirst (which are not in any way even close to irl) cause you should run faster to get to the other town to find food but you can't cause you might get a heart attack which forces you to walk, but if you walk, you will die from hunger/thirst.The normal human body does not require food so often, water and drinks yes but not food, no matter how much you run.Anyway see the chain of problems one thing can make?

Heart attacks likely won't be caused by running. They will probably be dietary and have something to do with blood pressure and fibrillation.

I just hate the idea of heart attacks at the moment. There is so much other things that need to be implemented. Making the health system even more complicated right now is just going to make the game far more complicated without any other gameplay mechanics to balance this out. Now scurvy I could get behind. There is already infection in the game but it never really occurs at all as far as ive seen. This would give fresh fruit or vitamin bottles far more use then they have now and should be easily implemented without breaking anything.

Edited by Coll

I just hate the idea of heart attacks at the moment. There is so much other things that need to be implemented. Making the health system even more complicated right now is just going to make the game far more complicated without any other gameplay mechanics to balance this out. Now scurvy I could get behind. There is already infection in the game but it never really occurs at all as far as ive seen. This would give fresh fruit or vitamin bottles far more use then they have now and should be easily implemented without breaking anything.

The thing about that is, it takes quite a while to develop.

you wouldn't expect to get scurvy just from a couple of hours without eating fruit, or else we'd all be in big trouble.

Edited by Pillock

Well you don't get to boss your logic around here. We want more hard hats in game in bigger variety of colors and more soft drinks

its prob meeant for the guys who go on the coast and KoS and you can just walk away and survive a gun fight, this is for people who gets shot and just walk away, KoS prevention a bit, for the ones who fight back