Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha8

I didn't mean to KOS...

To whomever I just killed, I am sincerely sorry.

I had just logged on a server, in one of the barracks in Balota Airstrip. The doors inside were closed, I figured there may not be any people around. I'm already super sketchy/paranoid at places like Balota, because It's mostly KOS. I had a magnum. After looting the barrack, I took a quick peak to see if the Jail buildings doors were closed. They were; so I said YOLO and sprinted across the airstrip. I was hoping there was nobody there. I knew someone would likely be using the 3rd person exploit to look through the top of the doors. About 7 meteres away from the door, they fly open. It almost gave me a heart attack. Standing there was a fully clad camo survivor.

He didn't have his gun drawn, but I was startled and unsure of his intentions, so I took the shot. Before he had a chance to pull out his weapon I unloaded two rounds into his torso with my magnum. I quickly took his SKS, and his TTSKO jacket and then the body disappeared.

I feel bad, he didn't have his gun raised, but from all past experiences I was going to be murdered. I think I actually got the jump on him, because he took cover when he saw me, hence I thought he was going to shoot me.

R.I.P Balota Camo-Survivor

• Like 1

I sort of wish bodies would just vanish immediately when a player is murdered.. it would leave little incentive to kill people unprovoked. 

I sort of wish bodies would just vanish immediately when a player is murdered.. it would leave little incentive to kill people unprovoked. 

Well 10 seconds is pretty close lol. How could you tell if it was a murder? That guy was taking cover to draw his weapon and kill me. I'm going Stand Your Ground Law on this one. George Zimmerman style.

Airfields are pretty much KOS zones if you value continued survival at all. Also, you logged in in the airfield buildings? Pretty much only server hoppers and nut jobs do that, so which one are you? :D

Yeah, because that doesn't completely break immersion or anything at all.

Edit: Fucking phone!

Edited by Monkfish

Airfields are pretty much KOS zones if you value continued survival at all. Also, you logged in in the prison building? Pretty much only server hoppers and nut jobs do that, so which one are you? :D

Yeah, because that doesn't completely break immersion or anything at all.

No, I logged in the left barracks building. I had to eat dinner as I was looting Balota lol. I just chose a bunk bed and hoped i survived 30 seconds xD

No please. 

And this will only punish under geared people who might be murdering you for your gear. Anyone who's kitted won't care less and will shoot you anyway, like they already do. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I edited my post as I had the buildings the wrong way around in my head when I posted. Derp.

Yeah.

Also; I would've tried maybe robbing him because i got the jump on him, but i didnt have my mic in, he didnt scream friendly, and I'm 15 and lets just say I don't have the most intimidating voice for holding people up .-.

There are only two reasons people go to airfields and military bases.

1. To kill people

2. To gear up to kill people

Don't bring that "oh I'm not a killer I don't KOS" BS here - KOS isn't the only form of killing - gearing to survive another player's attack to kill them in self defense is still - you guessed it - killing

Wow, that has got to be right up there with the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

• Like 3

Wow, that has got to be right up there with the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

CaReBeArS 'R Us

Today he makes an accidental kill, tomorrow we'll see him sat upon a throne of severed bambi heads, fire axe in one hand, Rasputin Kvass in the other. It's just natural progression.

Edited by Cenobyte
  • Like 1

There are only two reasons people go to airfields and military bases.

1. To kill people

2. To gear up to kill people

Don't bring that "oh I'm not a killer I don't KOS" BS here - KOS isn't the only form of killing - gearing to survive another player's attack to kill them in self defense is still - you guessed it - killing

The best gear for killing other people comes from places other than airstrips/military buildings with the exception of a LRS.

I am far more concerned by players with mosins than I will ever be about players with kitted out M4s.

To whomever I just killed, I am sincerely sorry.

I had just logged on a server, in one of the barracks in Balota Airstrip. The doors inside were closed, I figured there may not be any people around. I'm already super sketchy/paranoid at places like Balota, because It's mostly KOS. I had a magnum. After looting the barrack, I took a quick peak to see if the Jail buildings doors were closed. They were; so I said YOLO and sprinted across the airstrip. I was hoping there was nobody there. I knew someone would likely be using the 3rd person exploit to look through the top of the doors. About 7 meteres away from the door, they fly open. It almost gave me a heart attack. Standing there was a fully clad camo survivor.

He didn't have his gun drawn, but I was startled and unsure of his intentions, so I took the shot. Before he had a chance to pull out his weapon I unloaded two rounds into his torso with my magnum. I quickly took his SKS, and his TTSKO jacket and then the body disappeared.

I feel bad, he didn't have his gun raised, but from all past experiences I was going to be murdered. I think I actually got the jump on him, because he took cover when he saw me, hence I thought he was going to shoot me.

R.I.P Balota Camo-Survivor

He was probably a kos'er judging by his camo. Either way if he was friendly and just wanting the camo then he should expect people to react that way. 

He was probably a kos'er judging by his camo. Either way if he was friendly and just wanting the camo then he should expect people to react that way. 

I sleep with a clear conscience. But now that I am fully camo, I am basically a KOS. Aaaaah, the endless cycle.

I sleep with a clear conscience. But now that I am fully camo, I am basically a KOS. Aaaaah, the endless cycle.

Nah camo can also be friendly.

Judging by my time playing, people with army helmets, gas masks, scary masks of any kind are normally bandits however.

Sometimes they are friendly and just want to blend in or look scary. 

Either way someone who looks like a bandit but is friendly should know they appear like a bandit. Also you ran into them in a situation that had no time for communication. 9/10 he was kos anyways and you defended yourself. So yea you should feel fine.

Does not mean you have to kos :)

Nah camo can also be friendly.

Judging by my time playing, people with army helmets, gas masks, scary masks of any kind are normally bandits however.

Sometimes they are friendly and just want to blend in or look scary. 

Either way someone who looks like a bandit but is friendly should know they appear like a bandit. Also you ran into them in a situation that had no time for communication. 9/10 he was kos anyways and you defended yourself. So yea you should feel fine.

Does not mean you have to kos :)

'Twas a misinterpretation of my words. I meant that I am most likely deemed KoS by other players. I picked up a gas mask, I may take it off, but IDK. I made a thread about a friendly band. I have all camo to blend in and NOT get KoS'd. I look scary as shit, but that's only so I blend in. And ideal situation would be communication from a covered spot that they don't know where you are but are in range of DC.

I have the problem of being 15 and sounding like I'm not 15 .-. I'm not a high pitched squeaker by any means, but I do not have an intimidating voice. If people automatically presume themselves higher than me for me not sounding 'manly' in real life, some 20 or 30 something adult won't listen to me in a video game xD

I DON'T CARE.

People stop making threads for every little thing that happened to you in game.

I DON'T CARE.

993952_216688081816146_670998788_n.jpg

IMMERSION!

• Like 1

I DON'T CARE.

Then stop reading them?

Player to player interaction and storys like the above is what keeps a sandbox entertaining.

• Like 2

'Twas a misinterpretation of my words. I meant that I am most likely deemed KoS by other players. I picked up a gas mask, I may take it off, but IDK. I made a thread about a friendly band. I have all camo to blend in and NOT get KoS'd. I look scary as shit, but that's only so I blend in. And ideal situation would be communication from a covered spot that they don't know where you are but are in range of DC.

I have the problem of being 15 and sounding like I'm not 15 .-. I'm not a high pitched squeaker by any means, but I do not have an intimidating voice. If people automatically presume themselves higher than me for me not sounding 'manly' in real life, some 20 or 30 something adult won't listen to me in a video game xD

Oh ok i thought you meant now you will always kos aha. Sorry.

Good to hear 

Then stop reading them?

Player to player interaction and storys like the above is what keeps a sandbox entertaining.

THIS. I see everyone else do it, I didn't go full out RP on this, but this is another good use for my superb creative writing skills(no conceitedness intended).

Other players do this, it just adds to the experience/immersion. What other games invoke this kind of responses from their players? This is about community *insert gang member voice here*