Sign in to follow this  
Cenobyte

Thinking of taking a short break.

Been playing now since the day after release, had fun, eaten beans and tried both the bandit and friendly playstyles (I refuse to go KoS. Takes the fun out of what should be a unique game rather than a CoDlolwtf), reported stuff on the bugtracker, fallen in with an awesome bunch of folks, got fully geared many times, died even more times but I don't mind!

The problem is - after I've done most things over and over, and the majority of the playerbase's (I know it sounds like a gross generalisation, but the only positive player interactions i have are with my clanmates, everyone else seems to just KoS) "refuse to interact, and if i do it's solely to troll/make fun of the guy i just KoS'd" it's all getting a bit tiresome, so I'm considering stepping back for a while, maybe play through Arma2/OA again, and see what Arma3 has to offer (I bought it on steam weeks ago with the intention of checking out a few mods, primarily Altis Life as I was a -massive- cherno life fan, but it got overshadowed by DZSA)

So yeah. It's been fun so far, I really can't wait to see what the game has to offer later down the line, but right now I need to step back and de-zombie a little.

You guys have fun now <3

Edited by Cenobyte
  • Like 5

Nothing wrong with taking a break.
I might tinker around with other things till we get more survival mechanics, myself.
To Keep myself from burning myself out lol.

I normally pick and choose who i want to be friends with if they talk to me even when running up i can hold off but iff they sneak up on me and dont say anything at all i normally just get ride of them asap.

Probably best to take a break and play some other stuff untill the new patch comes out anways. Im playing State Of Decay myself atm for PC.

To Keep myself from burning myself out lol.

I think that's the main problem I've had, just burnt myself out on the game. been playing it in most of my free time x_x

Was more meant to sing the game's praises, but lament the fact that I overdid it a little.

But hey, if you feel the need to see me as an attention whore then go ahead.

• Like 1

Don't force yourself to play a game you're not currently enjoying, my man. We're not going anywhere; Kick back with some other sweet games and hop back on DayZ when the mood strikes you.

Who knows, there could be some nice stuff waiting for you when you get back.

• Like 1

Don't force yourself to play a game you're not currently enjoying, my man. We're not going anywhere; Kick back with some other sweet games and hop back on DayZ when the mood strikes you.

This.

Edited by Mdogg2005

That's the plan! I'm going to give ArmA3 some love (along with Altis Life and a few mods friends have reccomended), and finally get round to finishing GTAV, The Last of Us, Killzone3 and InFamous 2 (I've only recently converted from xbox to PS3, so shush before mocking me for not having played them yet :P )

Was more meant to sing the game's praises, but lament the fact that I overdid it a little.

But hey, if you feel the need to see me as an attention whore then go ahead.

An attention whore? On a forum full of nerds who are not here looking for attention? I don't think so. It sounded more like you were looking for convincing to either quit DayZ for a while or to stay.

I've been pondering replaying the old Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain series.

and now I'm totally gay for you :P

I've been pondering replaying the old Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain series.

Try the emulated Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver. I played it not long ago and I enjoyed it all the way though I already finished when it came out in 1999 for the PS One. The DC version has more polygons a way better textures.

• Like 2

i had much the same experience as you until last night....i played on one of the hardcore experimental servers and to my surprise in about 3 hours of game play i had encountered 2 groups of friendlies and a couple friendly loners...at the last i ended up runnin with two random guys that also didn't know each other....we met in berenzino and after the usual exchange of "friendly friendly" we decided to run up and visit the boat and svet before making our way to the airbase....it was probably the most fun i have had playing dayz simply because i had a break from either running alone in the north or dieing from a sniper in the south...

Try the emulated Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver. I played it not long ago and I enjoyed it all the way though I already finished when it came out in 1999 for the PS One. The DC version has more polygons a way better textures.

I'll keep that in mind!

Been playing now since the day after release, had fun, eaten beans and tried both the bandit and friendly playstyles (I refuse to go KoS. Takes the fun out of what should be a unique game rather than a CoDlolwtf), reported stuff on the bugtracker, fallen in with an awesome bunch of folks, got fully geared many times, died even more times but I don't mind!

The problem is - after I've done most things over and over, and the majority of the playerbase's (I know it sounds like a gross generalisation, but the only positive player interactions i have are with my clanmates, everyone else seems to just KoS) "refuse to interact, and if i do it's solely to troll/make fun of the guy i just KoS'd" it's all getting a bit tiresome, so I'm considering stepping back for a while, maybe play through Arma2/OA again, and see what Arma3 has to offer (I bought it on steam weeks ago with the intention of checking out a few mods, primarily Altis Life as I was a -massive- cherno life fan, but it got overshadowed by DZSA)

So yeah. It's been fun so far, I really can't wait to see what the game has to offer later down the line, but right now I need to step back and de-zombie a little.

You guys have fun now <3

A break is nothing to be ashamed of OP, I havent played in about a month, busy with other things, but I keep on top of the updates and am on the forums everyday at work. I stil stay active within the community.

That's the plan! I'm going to give ArmA3 some love (along with Altis Life and a few mods friends have reccomended), and finally get round to finishing GTAV, The Last of Us, Killzone3 and InFamous 2 (I've only recently converted from xbox to PS3, so shush before mocking me for not having played them yet :P )

Still holding off on TLOU due to finances, and I'm not much of a fan of KZ3 myself. inFAMOUS is awesome, though.

I bought it on release but just like the mod I play in small bursts. I play for a week then have a couple of weeks break to play another game!

i think the developers need to look at this game from a gamers stand point and add things into this game so it doesnt become a grind gathering.

i usuallyu gear up pretty good, get into a fire fight, live or die x repeat. but i do die a lot.

right now, there's really not much else to do. i have zero desire to stay up at a NW location for 30 hours to tell about it on this forum. that would bore me to tears.

so i hope they implement more stuff to do...because right now, aside from wicked gun battles, there isnt much else. and when you die, although it is fun to gather, after a while it will bore your typical player.

Healthy to take a break.

Took about 2-3 weeks off come back and combat logging is fixed, added sks/blaze and host of other goodies.

Having 2 patches worth of stuff is like Christmas ;)

Having 2 patches worth of stuff is like Christmas ;)

I know, right? I love the pace that the team is releasing new content, fixes and such at! I think if I take a few weeks to a month off, it'll be a totally different game by the time i return :P

I really want to take a break. Break from the game and news about the game. Then in a month or two I can come back to loads of new content...

... but I just can't. There's hardly anything to do in DayZ Standalone yet except farm loot and PVP and it still shits over most other games.

Thank you OP, we were all wondering why you quit playing.

LOL! my sentiments exactimundo!