MyPassword is Chickens20

Impossible to be "Friendly" in this game. Resorted to Banditry.

I'm Jummix the Friendly, but my 3 comrades are not. If you kill me, well, be ready to drink disinfectant spray.

"Tired of being friendly, i now play easy mode"...............fixed it for you there. Seriously though, even friendly players typically arent friendly at airfields and military bases. I've always played friendly, to do so you just need to always have the upper hand when you let people know you r there, dont be afraid to shoot them if they are acting shady, and the best tool of the friendly player that never gets used.....running away.

Edited by Chucknorris405

Once I was helping a guy, get him guns, ammo, everything...

All was going nicely, until one of his friend came onto the server, and they tried to trick me...

We were at Balota Airfield, my new "friend" suddenly disappeared, and when I was going close to the hangars somebody started to shoot, so I ran into the hangar, bandage myself, and one of the guys came... My new "buddy"'s friend, whom had a shotgun, I had mosin, he missed his shot, I killed him, than my buddy came with the M4, he killed me, and probably died shortly after...

Long story short, sometimes u can try to be a hero, and get killed by traitors, but if u r still willing to be one, u just ain't give it up...

If someone doesn't point his/her gun at me straight, or doesn't have any, I help 'em... still...

When I first brought this game I had hopes of becoming a Friendly, Bandit killing machine much like youtubers such as FrankieOnPC. Soon after I came to the realization that unless your a recognized/famous Youtuber, Nobody is friendly. This game is just a slow paced, agitating Team death match.

I've come across and tried to help so many people and have been backstabbed/Set up near enough every time. Now I see myself becoming one of the very people ruining this game by shooting others on site for out of fear they're going to be the first to pull the trigger if I don't.

Heres a little story about what happened to me and my friend yesterday. - 

We was on a full server, and went up to the NE Airfield. As I approached the Traffic Control tower, I saw a guy coming down the stairs, Only being armed with a Mosin I pulled back to the Green building (Jail). He saw us and tried flanking around the back of the jail, I shouted friendly but saw him come round the corner with his M4 pulled. I quickly shot him with the mosin.

He spoke down the Mic and said "I wasnt going to shoot you, Can you revive me" I didnt believe him one bit but being the good guy I removed the ammo from his weapon, Injected him with Saline and Defibbed him. Also give him Morphine to fix his broken leg he somehow broke. Risking my own life being in the middle of the airfield helping a total stranger. I told him to run away and that he did.

Me and my friend got what we needed, Ran to the first houses across from the airfield to be fired upon, a few seconds later was laughed at down the headset by him and his friends as they looted our body.

This is why Im turning into a Bandit, Not helping anybody, Killing them on sight instead. 

Anybody had similar experiences?

I was exactly where you are at in the game. I was sick of trying to be nice, helpful, etc only to be backstabbed or KOS'd. I was so ready to become a bandit but its just not in my morality to do so. The best way to be a friendly is to join a friendly group.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154457-cqf-chernarus-quarantine-force-recruiting-for-sa/

Edited by QUAZIMOFO
  • Like 1

Your first mistake was helping someone at an AIRFIELD. ALL airfields are extremely hostile territory regardless if you're friendly or not. It's kind of an unspoken rule since the mod. So in essence, it was your mistake. Although I've met some cool people at the airfield, luck I suppose.

I find that the best way to meet people is just in towns and such, I've paired with dozens of people, running from corner to corner on the map, having a pleasant experience. Just remember to note where you are, like others have said, be extremely wary of hot spots when someone asks for help, most likely they just killed someone and got injured during the fight.

If you feel unsure about the situation, go with your gut and avoid it at all costs.

The thing I noticed about DayZ as well is it is much easier to meet people that will be "Freindly" on the forums or on Team Speak then randomly in game. 

Also "No KOS" servers I learned vary quickly not really that much safer, some people do follow the rules of it. But for the most part I'm learning to be just as careful there as any other server. Although I have to admit one of the only times that I had a random encounter at NWAF that was friendly was on a no KOS server. So there are some nice people.

Your first mistake was helping someone at an AIRFIELD. ALL airfields are extremely hostile territory regardless if you're friendly or not. It's kind of an unspoken rule since the mod. So in essence, it was your mistake. Although I've met some cool people at the airfield, luck I suppose.

I find that the best way to meet people is just in towns and such, I've paired with dozens of people, running from corner to corner on the map, having a pleasant experience. Just remember to note where you are, like others have said, be extremely wary of hot spots when someone asks for help, most likely they just killed someone and got injured during the fight.

If you feel unsure about the situation, go with your gut and avoid it at all costs.

U misunderstood me, we were going together to the airfield for loot, i wasn't helping him out there, we were already rollin' together for about 40mins...

You can be friendly, but for sure: You need a group, or at least one buddy.

My friends and myself often did friendly actions - with success.
For example we met one guy at the Kabanino-base (you know, near Veresnik-Hill)... He went straight into the prison and startet looting. Then I told him to come out, to drop his weapon and raise his hands. He did and I handcuffed him. Then I tested his blood, while my teammates watched out for other players (We always play on full servers) and watched for him. But instead of stealing his blood, torture him with alcohol tintures and desinfection spray - we asked him if we can take one bloodbag, because he had the same blood-type than on of us. We tooked the blood and patched him up with about four saline-bags, gave him something to drink, some food and also some attatchments for his M4. He was really happy and I asked him for other friendly interaction with other players, because I try to collect DayZ stories. He hadn´t friendly interactions, but he was really happy to have one now.

One day later, we found another guy at the same base (after running down to Kamenka an up again... ), we did the same, just without the blood-story, he also was very happy to be alive.
And THIS feeling, to make someone else happy and help him out - its just great, it feels 100 times better than shooting a bambie with a M4!

All in all, my tip for you: If you wanna be friendly, don´t be it all the time. If you see someone on a rooftop, watching the airfield or a town: Kill him! (maybe he is friendly, but the chance is THAT rare, don´t risk it. Kill one, save three (or more) ) And always be save, if you interact. Thats why you need at least one teammate, he has to cover your back - or maybe yourself, if he take out his fists....

• Like 1

U misunderstood me, we were going together to the airfield for loot, i wasn't helping him out there, we were already rollin' together for about 40mins...

In that case, he is a huge douche. It happens, unfortunately. I've been victim to this myself a few times.

• Like 1

The human kindness of a medic knows no bounds, friend. (i.e, sprinting to the NWAF to kill three bandits and revive your patient). If you think about yourself first and foremost in any situation, you and your squad will die. You must think of you, your squad, and how every individual operates within said squad. If you favor one life over another, the squad will fall apart.

I'm no good to my squad dead, so in order to be of use I need to stay alive and look after myself...  same as if you are on a rescue mission, you'll make sure you are ok first.

In many ways DayZ is just like any other pvp game, I played but with a higher cost of losing. Another game I played POTBS was similar, you go out in the red zones, you can lose all the stuff you worked for in a flash if your not careful.  

For the most part what I have seen in MMO or multi player pvp games were their is a high cost of losing. Is no matter how much people complain, rant, wine and preach...or even try to make unspoken rules. There will always be ass hole players who play, there's is no way around it. Its almost by design. The only way to change it is by changing the mechanics of the game.

Just expect it to be that way, and learn ways to deal with the ass-hole players. What I learned in other pvp games once I became decent, is most of "ass-hole" or bandits you will find out really aren't all that brave and kind of suck really. Its the only way they know how to play.

Edited by CJFlint

I'm no good to my squad dead, so in order to be of use I need to stay alive and look after myself...  same as if you are on a rescue mission, you'll make sure you are ok first.

But what good is your squad if they are all dead?

OP: Don't confuse being friendly with being trusting.

You can be friendly all you want, just never turn your back on them or let them get within 20 feet of you.

And for the love of god, KOS everyone at mil bases or airfields as those are not locations to try to make friends at unless you are suicidal or want an 'experience' you can then b*tch about on a forum!

This.

Don't be naive. It's a cruel game and it will kill you. And if i see anyone at any airfield or military-base, unless it's a poor bastard with a motorcycle helmet and a pipewrench, i'll shoot him in the face or run the fuck away. It's very very simple logic we're talking about here. You go to these places 'cause you want the big loot. If anyone sees you in one of these places, he'll think either "Fuck, that bastard is taking all the loot." and try to kill you. Or "Fuck, that guy's bound to have some awesome loot", and try and kill you. And even if he isn't trying, you can't be sure enough to ever trust a guy in these places. Survival 101.

I have only been shot once outside one of these killingzones, and that was the only time i got really pissed off. I was in this little pretty town, i think it was Polana, just minding my own, trying to find some food and as soon as i got out of one of the houses, a bastard shot me. Luckily he didn't kill me and eventually i got away.

This pissed me off 'cause i was wearing a crappy jacket, a childrens backpack, a hardhat and a pipewrench, in a low-quality loot area. The fucker who shot me could've robbed me instead and gotten away with my fancy duct tape and my badly damaged pipewrench. I wasn't carrying and he was. Or he could've helped out. Or just ignore me. I wasn't stealing any of his fancy loot. So yeah, he just shot me because he felt like ruining someones day.

The other times i've been killed i had my own dumb self to blame. You don't play around when there's fancy loot around.

I wouldn't shoot anyone outside of these killzones on sight. I would definitly shoot back though. But if i saw you first, i'd play it nice. Safe, cautious and smart, but nice.

The trick is to be friendly, but very, very paranoid and suspicious.

Given time, you will find people you can trust.

• Like 1

Is it the owning/using of gear such as weapons, clothes, etc that makes the game fun for you or is it the adventure you went on to get that gear that makes it worth playing?

Maybe your answer is "Neither, what makes the game fun is shooting other players," which is fine, but for me I feel like Ive reached the last level of this game whenever Im fully geared...Like Im the boss people want to beat at the end of the level now. Getting killed is just like starting the game over, except every time you play the game, each level is a little different than the last time I played it.

Edited by GpB311

Is it the owning/using of gear such as weapons, clothes, etc that makes the game fun for you or is it the adventure you went on to get that gear that makes it worth playing?

Maybe your answer is "Neither, what makes the game fun is shooting other players," which is fine, but for me I feel like Ive reached the last level of this game whenever Im fully geared...Like Im the boss people want to beat at the end of the level now. Getting killed is just like starting the game over, except every time you play the game, each level is a little different than the last time I played it.

For me its the adventure. But it is really nice to have good gear, lots of food and water. But, I'm not afraid to lose it, or get mad if I lose it.

The funny thing is....and I really hate to admit it...Getting shot as many time makes as I have been makes me a much better looter ha ha. It used to take me a couple days to get geared up. Now like maybe a half hour to 45 minutes lol. I now days try to get geared up ASAP then that's when the game starts.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 2

But what good is your squad if they are all dead?

if we all dead then something as gone wrong...

if we all dead then something as gone wrong...

Because you weren't thinking with a maneuver element mentality.

Every individual is a maneuver elements, and these elements make up the unit or squad.

You are responsible not only for yourself, but for every other maneuver element. Every individual must be vigilante. Every individual must care for the other individual. And that is why things go wrong, you were thinking as individuals instead of a collected unit.

Yeah its impossible to be friendly in this game man. Do not trust anyone, especially if you are alone. 

Imagine what the world would be like if say a Doctor traveled to some 3rd world country and tried to save lives, only to be robbed and beaten by the very people he tried to help... then he decides to start killing every person he sees in that country to exact revenge. 

Its sort of like Bin Laden, hating America for helping him but then leaving him behind. He got all KOS too. 

Maybe take a break from playing, watch more videos, and decide if playing a game that when you get killed makes you want to change your entire stance on how you play it is even worth it. 

I think this logic works in modern times. Or even long ago, but the whole pt is during civilization.

A zombie apol would mean the end of the world- police state- GONE. Religious state- GONE. So I dont think your example works during the total collapse of everything as we know it.

I think if this really happened, you'd find the ocassional person who you'd want to help. But in reality, if food is scarce, would you really help them? That could mean less food for you- less for a friend- less for your wife.

And you'd be looking at people who might take away your food, your gun, your ammo, your family. Because once people starve, which eventually means the end is near, they would seek desparate measures.

just my 2 cents. if people want realism, i dont think people would be at the beach road handing out cans of beans, but thats me. they'd run to the hills scavenging everything they can.

run to the hills? RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!!

[youtube= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufy9UXOeMw

Edited by DirtyscumbagLith

I am friendly but my fingers are not... they keep on pulling the trigger :(

Yes this is true, also DayZ could be has some of the elements of a really nasty civil war with blured lines, or kind of like what the lawlessness that happened after Katrina for a short while. But its just a game, a realistic one, but still a vary much a CPU game. Kind of weird how us gamer's find this stuff fun, I think every one has that in them though, to want to see worse case with out getting hurt them selves. But if they were really in a situation in real life like the situation DayZ portrays, most people would in there right mind would want their old life back. It would really suck lol Whats scary is minus the zombies there are places in the world were its kind of like DayZ, lawless shit holes.

Back to the whole friendly thing, I will say that making friend's with random TRUST WORTHY people prox voice can be hard. If I'm by myself I don't even bother trying anymore if I'm alone. If I do make contact normally its just a hi and bye, or do you need anything. I'm better off just looting and by my self, then bringing someone else with me I dont even know if I can trust. If you want friends, join a clan or at least download TS and log into the server channel if it has one. It takes some of the random encounter realism away, but its much easier to become friendly with people that way, then the meeting out in the streets of electro. Being grouped makes the game much easier, and if you want to help others being grouped is the best way. DayZ solo is a vary lonely exp in the world of gaming so it is also nice to have people to talk to and joke around with and share with.

Although there's just something about being solo that makes the game much more intense. The pvp is also way more intense when no ones helping you.  My alertness is way higher. In a way it becomes a much different game.

Edited by CJFlint

I've met a number of friendly people in this game. Some of them even killed me. But at least we got to hang out, however briefly.

It's interesting, running into someone unexpectedly, and both of you going through the whole "oh, shit" reaction. Do I kill him? Is he gonna kill me? I usually just wave and 'nope' the fuck on outta dere. But every now and then, as a new spawn, I'll run into some other new spawns on the beach, and a spontaneous newspawn group will form, and we'll run along for an hour or so, helping eachother gear up and fight the bandits. If it ever happens to you, it's an exhilarating experience. So if you want to meet people and have even the smallest chance of interaction, best to run up to other random newspawns when you have nothing to lose.

Also, don't ever expect mercy at the airfield. You might get mercy and be surprised, but don't be disappointed if all they're offering is bullets.

It's possible to be friendly. I'll reiterate as I have elsewhere, that it's more than just waving your hand around screaming for favors.
You want human interaction? You need to sneak around and watch other people. Figure out what they do.  If you feel the need to engage them in conversation, make sure you do it from cover while they are out of position. Make a personal code to follow, some rules of engagement, and live by them. Make sure, if speaking to unarmed people, you keep your distance.

You should not talk to anyone unless you have the advantage and/or an escape route.

Edited by Rudette