Sign in to follow this  
zor_prime1

How do I see a player's name?

So I was killed by a sniper last night, who I sneaked up on, hanging out on the fire station. I climbed the ladder, and there he was. If only I had a gun. Anyway, there was absolutely, as far as I know, no way of knowing who it was. Does anyone know how I can see who killed me. I have a KOS list, and would like to be able to add at least one name. 

There is only one way afaik and thats to mute a guy while hes talking. If he stops talking thats the one.

• Like 3

There is only one way afaik and thats to mute a guy while hes talking. If he stops talking thats the one.

Hmm, interesting. I have to say, quite cleaver, too. This is how you make the system work for you. Kudos! Still, wish there was a better way. Like in Dayz mod. So and so was killed by so and so. I'm sure they will add that. 

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions, please let me know!

Ah! Trick them into typing. I like that.

they wont add it, Dean wants more immersion/realism.

so death messages or kill confirmations will not be implemented.

which is great imo...you should have to confirm your kills. not just know from a stupid text message that you made that 400m shot with a revolver...lol

I prefer not knowing, and not having other people know. Especially with butthurt admins and their friends.

Some dude tried to KOS me in Kamyshovo, so I beat him to death with my fists. He was FULLY kitted. I was on that server with 5 other people, and I believe it was 30+ on it. The guy told me he could barely hear me and asked if I could type what I was saying (I was mocking him for trying to Bambi hunt)

I said "Not typing dude" and wouldn't you know, everyone got kicked from the server.

So I was killed by a sniper last night, who I sneaked up on, hanging out on the fire station. I climbed the ladder, and there he was. If only I had a gun. Anyway, there was absolutely, as far as I know, no way of knowing who it was. Does anyone know how I can see who killed me. I have a KOS list, and would like to be able to add at least one name. 

lol like you'll ever see him again out of all the servers we have.  Not to mention you can change your name on the fly.  Bounties in games like this never work because they can always just go to a new server and/or change their name.

• Like 2

Yeah, I could care less about a kill announcement. All I want is a a way to find out who killed me. Even if it's a personal message. Otherwise, everyone is going to KOS. I want my revenge, dammit!

I know, for me at least, not knowing who the bandit was, has lead me to be more prone to KOSING. And I'm not that kind of player. Why, you ask? Well I feel you get more out of the game by not KOSING! Think about it, If you go around shooting everyone, that gets lame fast. But if you hold them up, take their stuff, and then release them, that's fun to me. And in my opinion, playing the game correctly. Don't get me wrong, there are great players who choose the bandit lifestyle. And we need them to make the game more interesting. It's the nubies that run around frightened, trigger happy, quivering to every sound and shadow. These guys need to relaxe, stay calm and most importantly, stay off the main roads LOL!

Besides, I feel that their are three stages of player. One being the total Bambie KOSER. Two Being the total Babmie sniper, KOSER-both of which are pretty lame. Three being the more experienced player. These are the players who have master the game. The really good players. The ones who hold you up. The ones who release you unharmed. Rambling again. 

• Like 1

I've seen players names when they use voip while waiting for a server to fully load.  I WISH they had something like that so you can easily identify (and mute) assholes who blast music through the direct com. 

nice idea... I learned something. :thumbsup:

I prefer not knowing, and not having other people know. Especially with butthurt admins and their friends.

Some dude tried to KOS me in Kamyshovo, so I beat him to death with my fists. He was FULLY kitted. I was on that server with 5 other people, and I believe it was 30+ on it. The guy told me he could barely hear me and asked if I could type what I was saying (I was mocking him for trying to Bambi hunt)

I said "Not typing dude" and wouldn't you know, everyone got kicked from the server.

please tell me you reported that server.

i dont want a kill konfirmation

i want to know who shott ME 

This.

I want to be able to hunt people who kill me, I can't if I don't know who did.

I've seen players names when they use voip while waiting for a server to fully load.  I WISH they had something like that so you can easily identify (and mute) assholes who blast music through the direct com. 

I kill the assholes who blast music.  Problem solved  B)

This.

I want to be able to hunt people who kill me, I can't if I don't know who did.

But killing the person who killed you before would be metagaming, I'm sure.

I would propose that this not be implemented. I feel that they should take out player names in text chat entirely to keep all players anonymous.

There should be an option [just like in HL2 RP on Gmod] in which players can press a key bind that reveals their name in ingame voice and text chat to people within whispering distance. 

Note: this would not be a name tag, just an indication of who is talking.

Uh, I think the only problem with not being able to ID someone for realism purposes is that its as unrealistic as it is realistic.  humans have evolved to be able to recognise another human faces very efficiently and under adverse conditions, e.g. poor lighting or at range, and this isn't something you can add into the game unless all player models become unique and photo realistic. So I think there should be some compromise, perhaps not a persons name, but there ought to be some way identify friends beyond eyeballing their gear at range,

That's why DayZ is great, you don't have to listen to people whining "FAGGOT WHY U SHOT ME" after you kill them.

please tell me you reported that server.

At that time, I didn't pay attention to server names. The history function was also not working for me. So no, I didn't get to report them. :(

Its not going to be implmented for several reasons most have been explained here already though ..

At that time, I didn't pay attention to server names. The history function was also not working for me. So no, I didn't get to report them. :(

if you leave your game and check the files in your documents folder it records your last played server..

Since there's no way of knowing who killed you, you'd better kill everyone, just to be safe.

Since there's no way of knowing who killed you, you'd better kill everyone, just to be safe.

Ha! This is what it's going to boil down to. And I don't want to play like that. But I also don't want to accidentally run around with someone who KOSED me a day earlier, either. Or pass them in the street, as they kiss my ass because now I'm the one with the gun and they are not. This sucks! 

But killing the person who killed you before would be metagaming, I'm sure.

I would propose that this not be implemented. I feel that they should take out player names in text chat entirely to keep all players anonymous.

There should be an option [just like in HL2 RP on Gmod] in which players can press a key bind that reveals their name in ingame voice and text chat to people within whispering distance. 

Note: this would not be a name tag, just an indication of who is talking.

I will respectfully disagree with that - if we're being "realistic" here...

You would recognize a voice if you heard it a second time.