Sign in to follow this  
paradogz

[HACKING] We need to know on which server we are playing

I was on a Dayz NL server, full one, I wanted to hide in a house, and listen to gunfights.

Yes, I know, I'm weird.

Well it didn't last long, heard some snoopdogg music 50m away from me, then the same guy teleported in the room with me and killed me. He couldn't have walked there : It's the room in the "pub", first floor, at the end of the corridor in Elek (in front of the central office). I would have heard him.

At least I died in music.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8589

Please vote this up, because these hacks might actually ruin the game.

inb4 lag, it was not. (200 hours+ gaming and.... 27 years old with many of gaming haha)

Regarding the thread name, that would be easier to report someone.

Edited by paradogz
  • Like 3

To be honest mate, you need to have something a bit more concrete than "he must have teleported and he killed me"

edit: scratch that - just saw the video on the BugTracker log.

Edited by mzltv

The anonymity element in this game makes it incredibly difficult to report anyone for hacking. I dont see how knowing what server youre on will belp tbh

And on that note, just remember what server you join i guess

You can find which was the last server you were on in My Docs/DayZ/User/config.

Scroll down to near bottom and look for :

lastMPServer="***=======***";

lastMPServerName="DayZ ***=====***

I agree that we need to be able to see in-game which server is being played.

• Like 8

Even rocket agrees. In one of his streams, he was asked what server he was in. His reaction? "Who made this game? You can't even see server you are playing in"

• Like 3

The anonymity element in this game makes it incredibly difficult to report anyone for hacking. I dont see how knowing what server youre on will belp tbh

And on that note, just remember what server you join i guess

It wouldn't hurt to have the player list also display the server name.

It wouldn't hurt to have the player list also display the server name.

oh no I want that as well

I was just giving him a suggestion for the time being. Should have clarified that

Glad nobody trolled here saying "it does not exist"

hopefully we'll have a wave of VAC ban but still this is really frustrating.

Oh cool video :D Me and my buddies were killed by hackers yesterday aswell. Bolota airfield, we are 3 dudes in the prison. Right in that moment 2 german server hoppers are joining the server. They were stuck inside the prison walls on the 1st floor and couldn't come out. After a few minutes talking to these guys (we were giving tipps how to glitch out from there) we heard some shots, these went right on us, right on the prison, no doubt. We've decided to leave the prison and go to the other one. We moved downstairs, wished the germans a good luck trying to get out of there. As soon as we walked out the prison we got shot at. We are inside the 1st hangar, trying to spot the enemy and baaam another lethal spray from m4. Another few minutes and the result is - two of us dead, the 3rd one was uncoscious but he woke up. He was trying to stay alive but the hackers teleported to him...

Yep, hackers ruin the game for me. I don't give a fuck if it's an alpha, it still has to be somewhat fun to sink time into. In its current state, it's becoming really easy to not play. This wasn't the case two weeks ago.

• Like 2

So, besides looking at the user config file, the other way I've found to determine the server I'm playing on atm, is to click to my Profile page on Steam, and click the green "Join Game" button. The PopUp window has the server IP and Port. This works even if you're dead.  You can then look this up later in the Remote tab in the game lobby.  Of course this isn't much help if you already logged out of the server, but if you make a it a habit to do it when you first login to a server, you'll always have that info handy if you actually need it.  Hope this helps.

Edited by DefilerDan

Yep, hackers ruin the game for me. I don't give a fuck if it's an alpha, it still has to be somewhat fun to sink time into. In its current state, it's becoming really easy to not play. This wasn't the case two weeks ago.

Same here. i can't stand the thought of a hacker spotting me from miles away and killing me without me noticing him/her - which happened to me a few times already. i will stop playing this game till the issue becomes ''less'' frequent. 

Edited by dodobir

I watched the videos but I'm pretty sure it was just lag that killed you. I didn't see anything but lag in those videos. You just suck brah, get better internets! 

On a more serious note hehe, hacking is getting really fucking annoying. Hope they crack down on it soon.

Teleporters are terrible in this game. I was in a firefight in balota. My wife and I killed 2 of them and retreated to the house near the end of the runway. We closes the doors on our way in. She covered one door and I had the other. We heard no footsteps , no music, just rain and the normal sounds. When POOF a man standing with an M4 and a payday mask was standing in the center of the room. He startled us both and we both took shots on him but it was too late. His M4 sounded like a 249saw and wiped us both out. No door was opened. Makes us sick

ORCZ.COM dont know if it was hacking or bugs of game. but we killed 2 guys in berenzino yesterday and they spawned immediatly in the same location (100 meters around) at least 10 times each

I would realy love to hear anything from devs about this. I guess it will take a while to come up with a proper solution for this problem but still, at least some information would be great. 

The second video on that page. If I knew that guy I would want to pour coke inside his computer.

Or teleport a bullet from my gun into his head

Edited by MetapoliC